Phone 8.1 Update 2 install

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

after enabling W10 via Windows Insider it installed me Phone 8.1 Update 2 before W10. It installed correctly. Then i tried W10, but finally i got back, so i recovered via USB cable and Recovery Tool. Anyway now it does not offer me that Phone 8.1 Update 2 anymore, it immediately offers W10 to download and install. I am now on my N925 on 8.10.14226.359 version.

Is there some trick how to download again that Update 2? I dont wanna W10 for now, not stable enough.

Thanks.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I got the 8.1.2 update on my 925 (through insider) when I was running the latest version offered by Preview for developers. Maybe you should upgrade to that and then try to update by registering with the Insider app. I downgraded to Denim because 10 was too buggy and now I am going through the same route again.

8.1.2 is strange, it doesn't seem to install for every phone (or every time for that matter). I'm not sure we have enough cases of people updating to give a concrete answer to this.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
8.1.2 is strange, it doesn't seem to install for every phone
I've not had a problem with it.

It installed fine on both my L735 handsets, including one that has been updated to 10TP and rolled back to 8.1 several times. It also worked on a non-Lumia phone.

Very odd that some people have this issue.

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Problem is solved, hard reset did the job. After that and installment of all updates from Preview for Developers, then join Windows Insider Program and Update 2 offered to me again. After installation it offers me finally W10 as well, but this i dont install for now. May be next build.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I've not had a problem with it.

It installed fine on both my L735 handsets, including one that has been updated to 10TP and rolled back to 8.1 several times. It also worked on a non-Lumia phone.

Very odd that some people have this issue.

Most people who are reporting not getting 8.1.2 and jumping straight to 10 are using the x20 series of Lumias, I've seen many comments for the 920 for instance. For newer ones it apparently always installs. I don't get why that's happening.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I got an update when I selected Slow Ring. Then a message saying that when I was ready, it would be downloaded. Looks like Denim, and not Update 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6