Lumia 925, dead screen and wont connect to PC = Photos lost forever :( How can I get them back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 925, dead screen and wont connect to PC = Photos lost forever :(

Hi all,

I dropped my Lumia one too many times two days ago and the screen has finally bitten the dust.

The screen was completely messed up (i.e. lines and black patches everywhere) but just about usable when i went to sleep so i put it on charge.

Woke up in the morning and battery was dead so spent all day trying to charge it at work and connect it to my laptop but to no avail.

There is some signs of life but it seems to be in the 'coma' state as it does recognise being plugged in but does not seem to charge.

Do you have any auggestions in how i can get the photos/videos from it? Repair costs for the screen alone seems to be ?100 ish which im not prepared to pay for an old phone in addition to the now broken charging port.

To make this situation worse my dog died last week and i hadnt got round to pulling off the pictures i have of him :(

Unfortuantely i was stupid enough to not back up anything on my phone so i would highly recommend doingthis!

Any help would be fantastic! Thanks x

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925, dead screen and wont connect to PC = Photos lost forever :(

Sorry to hear the news about your dog (...and your phone). Unfortunately, it seems that the only way to recover the photos from your phone is through some professional recovery service. I'm not sure if service centers are capable of doing this, but this would imply additional fees.

Did you, by chance, enable the auto-upload feature? This is usually enabled by default, so try checking your OneDrive account.

You may need to create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos