Battery life took a dive

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Lately my battery life has gone down the tubes. I end up having to charge my phone mid day almost every day, and I lug my heavy 15,000mAh backup battery with me most places just in case. I've had my 925 since T-mobile first got it, so I'm wondering if it's time to replace the battery, and if it will even help to do so, or should I just get the 640 when it comes out, as it has a larger battery and a more efficient processor.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, my T-Mobile 925 battery often doesn't make it through the day. I'm considering a 640 XL, as it appears the dual SIM unlocked international version will support T-Mobiles LTE, and has great battery life.

qwasmp

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
A few other people (including me) are having similar problems with other phones in this thread if you're interested:

[windows central forums] /nokia-lumia-930/361040-battery-draining.html

(Sorry my post count isn't high enough to post real links.)

thurevsky

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I googled the same problem, but on Lumia 920. I found the answers on microsoft answers and one of the member says that the problem with random battery draining and overheating was gone. The solution was reinstalling the phone fw with Nokia Software Recovery Tool. Detailed explanation below :

I think i already solved this issue (at least for mine . . . give it a try and post your update if this works for you). I think there is a flaw in the manner updates are downloaded from the servers be it OTA or via Nokia Retail Updater.

What i did is that I deleted the previously downloaded Black FW in my PC which I used in reinstalling in my L920 countless times with same issues/results. Downloaded it again at the time where my internet connection is at fastest and stable (in my case 3mbps at early morning) to ensure a flawless transfer of data but this time I used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. Just go to the same process and viola . . . for 6 days now I'm having no issues with my L920 and a battery life of 2 days for normal usage.

Maybe this is the reasons why the causes are random, some have issues with gmail, whatsapp, outlook, games, gps and for me the MS account. The issue will depend on what part of the update/transfer went wrong . . . well as i said with me its the MS account.

Now my MS account is set on "as item arrives" and no issues with the following apps
connectivity tiles
pdf reader
flashlight
converter lite
battery doctor
here city lens
here drive
here maps
nokia cinemagraph
nokia creative studio
nokia screen beamer
nokia smart cam
office one note
panorama
outlook & gmail account
Syncing is also a breeze . . .before it takes forever! And will load more apps from then on . . . hope this helps and solve yours . . .​

Source : [answersmicrosoftcom]/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdsettings/nokia-lumia-920-overheat-and-battery-issues/c54b5210-53c6-4eb3-8dfb-f16b7fc7d119?page=9&tm=1435891091089

Is the solution worked with lumia 925 since both of them almost have same hardware?
I am ask this question because I planned to buy used lumia 925 soon, because I loved the camera peformance. I am afraid if the overheating and bettery issues still exist in this year.:cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs