Lately my battery life has gone down the tubes. I end up having to charge my phone mid day almost every day, and I lug my heavy 15,000mAh backup battery with me most places just in case. I've had my 925 since T-mobile first got it, so I'm wondering if it's time to replace the battery, and if it will even help to do so, or should I just get the 640 when it comes out, as it has a larger battery and a more efficient processor.
    06-15-2015 02:45 PM
    I'm in the same boat, my T-Mobile 925 battery often doesn't make it through the day. I'm considering a 640 XL, as it appears the dual SIM unlocked international version will support T-Mobiles LTE, and has great battery life.
    06-15-2015 03:18 PM
    I'm probably going to grab the 640 and retire the 925.
    06-17-2015 10:36 AM
    A few other people (including me) are having similar problems with other phones in this thread if you're interested:

[windows central forums] /nokia-lumia-930/361040-battery-draining.html

(Sorry my post count isn't high enough to post real links.)
    06-18-2015 12:14 PM
    I googled the same problem, but on Lumia 920. I found the answers on microsoft answers and one of the member says that the problem with random battery draining and overheating was gone. The solution was reinstalling the phone fw with Nokia Software Recovery Tool. Detailed explanation below :

I think i already solved this issue (at least for mine . . . give it a try and post your update if this works for you). I think there is a flaw in the manner updates are downloaded from the servers be it OTA or via Nokia Retail Updater.

What i did is that I deleted the previously downloaded Black FW in my PC which I used in reinstalling in my L920 countless times with same issues/results. Downloaded it again at the time where my internet connection is at fastest and stable (in my case 3mbps at early morning) to ensure a flawless transfer of data but this time I used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. Just go to the same process and viola . . . for 6 days now I'm having no issues with my L920 and a battery life of 2 days for normal usage.

Maybe this is the reasons why the causes are random, some have issues with gmail, whatsapp, outlook, games, gps and for me the MS account. The issue will depend on what part of the update/transfer went wrong . . . well as i said with me its the MS account.

Now my MS account is set on "as item arrives" and no issues with the following apps
    connectivity tiles
    pdf reader
    flashlight
    converter lite
    battery doctor
    here city lens
    here drive
    here maps
    nokia cinemagraph
    nokia creative studio
    nokia screen beamer
    nokia smart cam
    office one note
    panorama
    outlook & gmail account
    Syncing is also a breeze . . .before it takes forever! And will load more apps from then on . . . hope this helps and solve yours . . .

Source : [answersmicrosoftcom]/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdsettings/nokia-lumia-920-overheat-and-battery-issues/c54b5210-53c6-4eb3-8dfb-f16b7fc7d119?page=9&tm=1435891091089

Is the solution worked with lumia 925 since both of them almost have same hardware?
    I am ask this question because I planned to buy used lumia 925 soon, because I loved the camera peformance. I am afraid if the overheating and bettery issues still exist in this year.
    07-02-2015 09:47 PM