Windows 10 problems with Touch Glance and app installation, can I gt some help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 problems with "Touch" "Glance" and app installation

Hello,

last night at 08-Nov-2015, I upgraded my Lumia 925 from windows 8.1 to 10.
first it was too many problems with installation but I realized that it can be something to do with one of my applications. then I did clean install with no restore settings or backup.

now I have few problems and I hope you can help me with them.

1- installation of VIBER is not possible. downloading to full 21.7 MB but after the download line filled I wait and wait.. nothing happens. Viber isn't compatible with win10. is it?

2- I noticed that "Touch" and "Glance" which they were in settings before, (windows 8.1) now are gone! am I right? because I can't change the color of my lock screen clock and I am trying all day long! to stop vibration of everything I touch, but can't find anywhere to turn it off. in windows 8 or 8.1 you just go to settings> touch and turn off vibration. (when you tap on the display) where is now? it is draining my battery really fast.

3- I want to install 2 new keyboards (to suggest words for typing) but after I select any keyboard, it shows on the list, says: "preparing download" then after 10-20 sec it says: "attention required"... no download. I retried over and over but nothing happened. what shall I do about this?

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
In my experience glance or touch can be lost after a clean install, check settings,extras.If you upgrade directly from 8.1,these usually remain.

If you get insider app again and enroll on your ring,you will be able to get the keyboards,language packs you want

Ardalan H

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much about the keyboard. but dude! you are saying "If you upgrade directly from 8.1" like I have reason to lie! :grin:
The very first time it was like what you said. everything was there from texts to apps but phone was really messed up. behave like it has virus or something. I couldn't open settings at all. it was freezing all the time. then I hard reset the device and this time didn't restore backup. this time worked fine except these problems I explained in thread.
Now keyboards are done but Extras (I already knew that) has nothing but "access point" and "Extras & Info". right now,t after installing Windows Insider, and updating keyboards I can see Extras has more things in it too! like audio, display+touch!!, accessories, etc.... I use display+ touch and everything look good. but no keypad vibration (3, 2, 1, off)
just if you can help me with Viber installation (or the reason why it won't install?) and " Keypad vibration " I would really appreciate. :smile:
still I can't find were is it to turn it off!?

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much about the keyboard. but dude! you are saying "If you upgrade directly from 8.1" like I have reason to lie! :grin:
The very first time it was like what you said. everything was there from texts to apps but phone was really messed up. behave like it has virus or something. I couldn't open settings at all. it was freezing all the time. then I hard reset the device and this time didn't restore backup. this time worked fine except these problems I explained in thread.
Now keyboards are done but Extras (I already knew that) has nothing but "access point" and "Extras & Info". right now,t after installing Windows Insider, and updating keyboards I can see Extras has more things in it too! like audio, display+touch!!, accessories, etc.... I use display+ touch and everything look good. but no keypad vibration (3, 2, 1, off)
just if you can help me with Viber installation (or the reason why it won't install?) and " Keypad vibration " I would really appreciate. :smile:
still I can't find were is it to turn it off!?

I don't know about viber.Its not something I would use,but you should be able to turn of keyboard vibrate by going to settings,extras,and touch,and toggling off the navigation bar setting

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 problems with "Touch" "Glance" and app installation

Give the phone a few hours after a clean install, everything will show up in extras including touch and glance, though glance won't update through the store but it would still be usable.

Ardalan H

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

Give the phone a few hours after a clean install, everything will show up in extras including touch and glance, though glance won't update through the store but it would still be usable.

Well.. I gave it 18 hrs. they didn't show up. not till I reinstalled windows insider again.
and you know what? right now I checked Extras and I see "accessories" is gone again and "display+ touch" turned to only "display" !!
I don't know what is going on but it really makes me angry and confused.
does my phone has virus or something? this is not usual for a phone to do it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

display+touch had been renamed and split into 2 separate apps so there is absolutely no problem. Go to the store and check if you find any updates for those apps. Touch should eventually show up. BTW did you install the insider configuration update after reinstalling Windows Insider?

Ardalan H

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

display+touch had been renamed and split into 2 separate apps so there is absolutely no problem. Go to the store and check if you find any updates for those apps. Touch should eventually show up. BTW did you install the insider configuration update after reinstalling Windows Insider?

I can only see DISPLAY, right now. I don't know what happened to TOUCH?
yes, today again I checked store and there were updates but not for display or touch. also I installed windows insider as soon as manus31 reminded me but nothing special so far.
it is really devastating, I don't understand what is going on but I think maybe it is bug. see yourself. there is screenshot.
Thanks

wp_ss_20151111_0002.png

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I know what you mean. It may be a bug that's preventing it to show under settings. Install windows insider and get the Fast Configuration Update through Windows Updates. It has solved most issues for me since the past couple of builds. Though I should admit, Display did take a couple of days to show under settings after applying the Fast Configuration Update. It's still does show for me and let's me change the settings but it refuses to update through the Store.

I would suggest installing the Fast Configuration Update and see if it fixes it, if not then it's only a matter of couple of days before the RTM build hits on Windows Insider.

Ardalan H

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

Thank you very much, all of you.. for helps and advises.
problems with windows 10 is keep showing up :-/
now I see that " I can't set ringtone / text tone for specific contact and phone asks to install an app for it! when I follow windows and its suggestion... it goes to some page and shows error"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon