Nokia Lumia 925 not starting, how can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 925 Not Starting

My Nokia Lumia 925 suddenly gone dead. I tried to soft reset but its not working. I also tried to hard reset it, as explained in some forums but as nothing appears on screen (even no vibrations) so its become extremely difficult. I also downloaded the Lumia software for resetting phone on my laptop but Lumia 925 phone is not listed in the device list.

I am out of warranty and do not know what to do, it will be really helpful if anyone can guide me on this.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 925 Not Starting

Have you tried Nokia Software updater for retail???

This software has a provision for phones that won't start or are dead or unrecognised. Saved me a few times.

Have you tried Windows Device Recovery Tool??

For a dead phone, personally, I would use the Nokia Software. Please be careful where you download it from!

Best of luck.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried the button that says device won't start / not recognised etc..

Not to state the obvious, have you left it on charge? I know it might sound daft, but put some juice in it then try again. I always do this even if phone is unresponsive. Probably just me but things tend to work.

i_am_don

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Before connecting to the PC, I charged the phone for about an hour and then connected. I selected my device is not recognized and again connected the phone. It gives me a message that your phone is not compatible or your phone is not recognized. :unhappysweat:

Feeling out of options now :unhappysweat: :unhappysweat:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So it's not turning on at all? Like a dead battery? If so, just put it in a plastic bag and toss it into your freezer for an 1-2 hours, then try charging it. Had the same thing happen to my Lumia 920 a couple months ago, and that's how I fixed it.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Before connecting to the PC, I charged the phone for about an hour and then connected. I selected my device is not recognized and again connected the phone. It gives me a message that your phone is not compatible or your phone is not recognized. :unhappysweat:

Feeling out of options now :unhappysweat: :unhappysweat:

Which restore are you using?? Windows device recovery tool ALWAYS gives me this error. Nokia updater just gets on with it. There were instances where the cable had to be connected at just the right time. Check your PC for windows blue eufi drivers. These should install with WDRT or NSU. Have you tried WDRT?? Sometimes it will pick up the uefi boot sector and go from there. Worth a try

Does the back light on the screen show up?? You know, you can see a slightly grey hue when powered on??

If / when you get started, you will be restored to 8.1 cyan. Phone will then update to denim. As for10M the latest build is 10581.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss