I lost my lumia 925

Elton Mbofana

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I am in pain. I lost my lumia 925 which i loved very much. On this phone i had upgraded every version of W10M and was enjoying myself. It must have slipped out of my pocket in a taxi, knowing how this phone is very slippery without any casing on it . Just after the incident, i remembered vaguely reading somewhere on microsoft.com that they offer device tracking. My hope was raised and i visited the site; lo and behold even though i had microsoft account permanently logged in on my phone and visited the site almost daily. I seem to have been told the phone was never uploaded whatever it meant!. Also there was a note to the effect that service available to restricted countries or something like that! I was just helpless and left fuming! Am just wondering if there are third party apps/sites that offer good tracking services for windows mobile??

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am in pain. I lost my lumia 925 which i loved very much. On this phone i had upgraded every version of W10M and was enjoying myself. It must have slipped out of my pocket in a taxi, knowing how this phone is very slippery without any casing on it . Just after the incident, i remembered vaguely reading somewhere on microsoft.com that they offer device tracking. My hope was raised and i visited the site; lo and behold even though i had microsoft account permanently logged in on my phone and visited the site almost daily. I seem to have been told the phone was never uploaded whatever it meant!. Also there was a note to the effect that service available to restricted countries or something like that! I was just helpless and left fuming! Am just wondering if there are third party apps/sites that offer good tracking services for windows mobile??

Do you know the imei number for your phone? it would have been on the box that came with it. You can ask the cellular network provider to track it with that or ask the police to help you find it

Elton Mbofana

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes i have the imei number of the phone and yes i will approach the cellular network provider to see if they might help. Thanks very much for the suggestion.

Elton Mbofana

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Its ridiculous! I was told that this is only handled by the police who are supposed to submit the imei number on my behalf. Of course makes sense, had to report the case to the police, but guess what? Since it was lost and not stolen they couldnt open a docket to make it a case for investigation! But if it was "stolen" then they would have handled it differently. I may need to grease some policeman hand for something to be done!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb