Not for resale happens all of a sudden

anon(9833501)

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I've been using Lumia 925 for about two years now.

This morning while I was checking some things on the internet my phone restarted and when it turned back on there was a message "NOT FOR RESALE"

This happened all of a sudden, I don't have Windows 10 but 8.1.

I tried reset and I cannot reset it in no way, I tried everything. I tried those buttons combination and nothing. I tried settings -> about -> reset and it says it cannot reset my phone. I tried soft reset, the same. Tried Windows recovery tool and it does nothing.

The problem is because of this the phone is useless, I cannot do anything with it and it's constantly in flight mode.

I think its the worst phone I ever had.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

anon(9833501)

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
OS version: 8.10.14226.359
Firmware revision number: 3051.50009.145.1007
Hardware revision number: 0.6.4.5
Radio software version: 3.2.04059.1

MEID: something in chinese, wtf?!?!
IMEI: do you need it?
IMS: not registered

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes
It's the keys to your smartphone.
Any unscrupulous knowledgeable person could do a lot of things behind your back with it.

I would say however this may be a problem with your carrier.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
We have a couple of other mods/ambassadors/members here that are well versed with this type of thing.
I was hoping someone on the community would jump in here to offer better help.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not For Resale must be somewhere in the Firmware.

You say you had the device 2 years. Did you buy it new through a retail outlet?

Has it ever run 10?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's a firmware issue. Either your phone was a store demo model that was never meant to be sold new or someone flashed your 925 with a store demo ROM. In either case the phone can be completely fixed to a non-demo ROM and you would never have the same issue again unless you restore it to the stock ROM using Windows Device Recovery Tool and if your phone happens to be a store demo model. Regardless, unless we know what's going on over here we may not be able to provide a thorough advice to assist. Do let us know what the provider has to say about it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And what if my IMEI has been compromised? Should I be worried?

Hi there, can you please send me a private message with your IMEI number, I'll be able to check this directly with Microsoft and see if there's anything special about this device. We've seen cases in the past where Microsoft employees have sold internal testing devices (which is against the terms of their agreement).

anon(9833501)

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Well I took back my phone, it was still under warranty.

They just took it and said that they'll let me know when it's back.

Wonder if they will try to fix it or get me a new one.

New one would be cool :D

anon(9833501)

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Funny thing happened, they just called me and told me I am getting new Lumia 950, they don't have any more of 925.

They just told me it's a hardware glitch but I think they don't really know what's wrong...

Lucky me I guess.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Sorry you had that trouble, but this is a major score!

Funny thing happened, they just called me and told me I am getting new Lumia 950, they don't have any more of 925.

They just told me it's a hardware glitch but I think they don't really know what's wrong...

Lucky me I guess.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720