GDR2 Update for Lumia 925

PRASHANT RANJAN1

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Now as it is official that Nokia Lumia 925 is not eligible for windows 10 mobile update, MS should atleast release GDR2 update for us.

Some of us got the update at the start of windows insider program. (Link). But majority of us are still stuck at version 8.10.14234.375.

GDR2 updates includes (as per wikipedia)

General user experience changes
Additional language support (Bangla, Khmer, Kiswahili, Lao)
All apps button at bottom of start screen
Ability to rename the phone from the About section, without the need for connecting to the PC via USB
Double-tap on navigation bar to turn off screen
Settings categorized and searchable

New technology support
Bluetooth Message Access Profile
Bluetooth Human Interface Device Profile 1.1
Bluetooth HID over Generic Attribute Profile
Absolute Volume Control (part of AVRCP)
Video over LTE
MKV video container support

Security features
Anti-theft reset protection
Customizable app permissions for calendar, camera, contacts, messages and microphone

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Now as it is official that Nokia Lumia 925 is not eligible for windows 10 mobile update, MS should atleast release GDR2 update for us.

Some of us got the update at the start of windows insider program. (Link). But majority of us are still stuck at version 8.10.14234.375.

GDR2 updates includes (as per wikipedia)

General user experience changes
Additional language support (Bangla, Khmer, Kiswahili, Lao)
All apps button at bottom of start screen
Ability to rename the phone from the About section, without the need for connecting to the PC via USB
Double-tap on navigation bar to turn off screen
Settings categorized and searchable

New technology support
Bluetooth Message Access Profile
Bluetooth Human Interface Device Profile 1.1
Bluetooth HID over Generic Attribute Profile
Absolute Volume Control (part of AVRCP)
Video over LTE
MKV video container support

Security features
Anti-theft reset protection
Customizable app permissions for calendar, camera, contacts, messages and microphone

the windows 10 mobile update is scheduled in waves. this is the first wave aiming only high end ( 930) and mid range (830-730\35) devices also various OEM and microsoft recently released low end devices featuring snapdragon 200 processor and 1gbram. your device will be updated in coming months please be patient. :)

PRASHANT RANJAN1

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I think you missed FAQ posted by MS.

"Q: I?m currently using a Windows 10 Insider build on my device, but it is not on the list of devices that will receive a formal Windows 10 update. What should I expect in the future?
A: If you already have the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build on your device, you may keep using your device in an unsupported state. We will not be offering build updates beyond the Current Branch build 10586. At some point in the future these devices will also stop receiving updates to the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build.

In order to recover the devices back to a supported build of Windows Phone 8.1, you may use the Windows Device Recovery Tool. There are more details on the use of the Windows Device Recovery Tool within this forum post."

eryvile

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's the least they could do. But I don't have high hopes :( We'll probably get WP8.8 with some sensational new colors... History repeating (kind of)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077