Lumi 925 - Here Maps and Here Drive+ not working

yux_mm

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am new on this area. But I have a Lumia 925 for just a little bit more than 2 years.
It is working ok most of the time, but in the end is just a phone, you cannot expect to work perfectly.

Anyway, for a few days I noted that Here Maps and Here Drive+ do not work properly. It takes a lot longer to open than before (I would say 2 to 3 times longer). When I open the apps it locates me correctly, it finds the location I want (although a bit slower than before). Sometimes does not find the route if does not have internet connection even if the destination is a simple, populare address. It calculates a route (although slower than before). But when start moving does not make tracking.
In Here Maps, the dot does not start to move while I am moving, no matter if I have set the destination or not.
Here Drive+, the arrow does not move as I am driving, no matter if set the destination or not. Also, no voice indications and no graphic indications/directions on the screen, no speed no nothing.

Also, the phone gets extremely hot and very quickly after launching the applications.

I did the next things with no results:
- restart the phone
- reboot the phone: down volume + on/off button for about 10-15sec
- reinstall Here Maps and Here Drive + delete maps + download new maps + reboot phone

Somehow it looks like the GPS is working because it locates me, but the apps are not working as they are not tracking me as I am moving/driving.
The main reason of buying this phone is because I can use the GPS offline. Now, without being able to use this feature the phone is useless.

So, any ideas what to do before throwing it to garbage bin?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am new on this area. But I have a Lumia 925 for just a little bit more than 2 years.
It is working ok most of the time, but in the end is just a phone, you cannot expect to work perfectly.

Anyway, for a few days I noted that Here Maps and Here Drive+ do not work properly. It takes a lot longer to open than before (I would say 2 to 3 times longer). When I open the apps it locates me correctly, it finds the location I want (although a bit slower than before). Sometimes does not find the route if does not have internet connection even if the destination is a simple, populare address. It calculates a route (although slower than before). But when start moving does not make tracking.
In Here Maps, the dot does not start to move while I am moving, no matter if I have set the destination or not.
Here Drive+, the arrow does not move as I am driving, no matter if set the destination or not. Also, no voice indications and no graphic indications/directions on the screen, no speed no nothing.

Also, the phone gets extremely hot and very quickly after launching the applications.

I did the next things with no results:
- restart the phone
- reboot the phone: down volume + on/off button for about 10-15sec
- reinstall Here Maps and Here Drive + delete maps + download new maps + reboot phone

Somehow it looks like the GPS is working because it locates me, but the apps are not working as they are not tracking me as I am moving/driving.
The main reason of buying this phone is because I can use the GPS offline. Now, without being able to use this feature the phone is useless.

So, any ideas what to do before throwing it to garbage bin?

last option would be to factory reset the phone. It should restore your phone to full functionality like when you bought it

Anthony Horne

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem, then I remembered an article saying that Here Maps and Drive would no longer be compatible, since it uses custom OS features that are no longer compatible - causing crashes and the like. There is now another "MAPS" application (currently 5.1606.1671.0 at time of writing) from Microsoft. That works and provides driving instructions, pin to start, etc.

Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99