Should I stay on windows phone 8.1 or i should install Windows 10 Mobile on My Lumia 925?

UsamaKhursheed

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
There are a lot of threads for installing Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update on Lumia 925. I have been planing to install it but
I am afraid that It might cause untreatable hardware issues on my Phone as Lumia 925 is my daily driver.

2 most Important functions for me are:
1. Camera
2. Battery Timing

But I also want Latest Facebook app....

So Guys Suggest me What should I do?
My Friend is using Latest Built in his Lumia 640 XL and It is quite awesome so but he says battery timing is quite effected.
But new features attract me....

BTW I don't need that glance......

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
This morning my 925 had 90%+ battery, I used it for 10-20min, just reading articles. Battery dropped to ~30%. I'm trying hard reset my phone (not daily driver). It was attempting restart but before I got to charger (few steps) it completely died. Dont know what will happen now

Ps. Camera is good. Glance is/was working too

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, the Lumia 925 is an unsupported phone and as such has been dropped from receiving Windows Insider builds.
So to cut a long story short, you can no longer upgrade to Windows 10 on the Lumia 925, unless you go down one of the hacking routes.

Last edited:

leonar40

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Really? Wow, glad I updated when I did! It's not perfect but Windows Mobile 10 runs pretty ok on my 925. Weird that they would pull the ability to update from the Insider App. I can understand not adding any new versions, but why pull the one they had already offered?

UsamaKhursheed

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
This morning my 925 had 90%+ battery, I used it for 10-20min, just reading articles. Battery dropped to ~30%. I'm trying hard reset my phone (not daily driver). It was attempting restart but before I got to charger (few steps) it completely died. Dont know what will happen now

Ps. Camera is good. Glance is/was working too

Are you on redstone built?

UsamaKhursheed

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Really? Wow, glad I updated when I did! It's not perfect but Windows Mobile 10 runs pretty ok on my 925. Weird that they would pull the ability to update from the Insider App. I can understand not adding any new versions, but why pull the one they had already offered?

Any issues you encountered yet?

leonar40

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Sure there are some little bugs. Glance screen sometimes just stops working all together (screen stays blank). Usually after toggling between battery saver mode. One time all notifications stopped showing (text, email, etc). Sometimes when trying to unlock the phone it won't unlock for about a minute then finally does. I'm sure there are many others. All these things are small and fixable with a simple reboot. I consider them small compared to all the advantages of WM10 or WM8.1. What I find strange is just how I had to first sign up for insider to get WM10, then had to remove myself from it to get the latest update. Why make it so complicated to find the latest updates?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs