Lumia 925 not booting up after Software Upgrade

Piyush Gupta9

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925 which has been working perfectly for past 2.5 years without any issues ever. On 11th September morning I saw the Nokia symbol on the phone screen (which generally comes up when the phone is booting up or if there is a software upgrade in progress) and assumed a software upgrade is in progress (the automatic software upgrade time is set as 3 AM on my phone). I left the phone as is, and after a while noticed the phone had a blank screen (looked like powered off). I tried booting up the phone but it doesn't seem to come up. I can only notice a single blink in the windows button at the bottom when trying to Power On the phone or trying to do a Soft Reset (Power button + Volume Down).
I took the phone to Nokia Care Center and they say that the phone's motherboard is gone and the phone is of no use anymore.

My phone was working perfectly till the night of 10th September before I went to sleep and the next morning it's motherboard was fried after a software upgrade, is this really possible? Has anyone seen this before.

I am wondering if this is some strategy from Microsoft to move the Windows Phone Users away using an automated software upgrade.
:shocked::angry:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
strategy from Microsoft to move the Windows Phone Users away using an automated software upgrade.

there was no software update released on 10th September for devices on windows 8.1 or windows 10 mobile, i have no reasons to believe that your case is due to a faulty software update.

Nokia care has their verdict on whats wrong with the device and is also shocking that the motherboard just gave away.

did you drop the device or tried to disassemble it recently?

Piyush Gupta9

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Definitely never dropped the device in the past few months that I remember, and never ever tried to open the device. As mentioned I never faced any issue before, so the device never even went to Nokia Care before.
My phone was plugged in for charging (and with the same Lumia 925 charger that came with the phone) in the night, but that too with a Surge Protector Adapter that we generally use for all the electrical appliances at our home.
It's really difficult to understand what could have happened to an idle phone just lying on my table during the night. :shocked:

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Twice my 920 would not boot in the morning after leaving on after a full charge 6 hours earlier. Pressing the power button, trying a hard reset, connecting via usb to PC did nothing. Placing it on the qi charger immediately made it turn on but it would not charge beyond showing the large red battery icon. I placed it in a sealed freezer bag and tossed it in the freezer for two hours. Placing it on the qi charger after freezing got it to charge enough to boot and fully charge. This happened a month later and this time I removed the battery and placed only it in the freezer in a sealed freezer bag. After installing the battery after freezing, same as before the device booted and charged. I've not had the problem in a year. The 920 is left on in airplane mode as a backup device and charged with usb once a week. If comfortable removing the battery it's safer for the device to not go in the freezer to limit condensation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99