Lumia 925 not charging.

Vipul Pujari

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Hello folk's,

My lumia 925 is not charging. When i hold volume low + power button for 8 to 15 seconds with charging on, window logo in bottom blinks for second and goes off..

Similarly when i connect phone with pc through usb it detects phone as drive but again no access..

I showed my cell to local phone repairing store and he suggested some kind of reset to diagnose issue further but the problem is this method will wipe my all present data from phone which i don't want.

As a solution I require someone to advise whether it is possible to recover data from phone before repairing guy perform any hard reset to phone

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Two options to try before send it to repair:

1 - Download the "windows device recovery tool" from Microsoft and connect the phone using the tool. (my best option)

2-
- Press the Volume Down Key + Power Key to turn on the unit
- Still hold the volume down key, then release Power Key.
- Wait for the startup screen booting with an exclamation mark " ! " then release the volume down key.
- Press the following buttons in the following order: press the volume up (high volume key) ==> press volume key down (low volume key) ==> press the power key ==> press volume down key.
- Wait a moment and look at the screen, a message such as loading new software will start the hard reset process

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I recently had to take my phone for repairs after it stopped charging. Your problem seems like a software problem since your pc recognises it. I think you just have to suck it up and accept that you have to lose the data on the device. One of the reasons I keep most if not all of my stuff on SD card. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99