Nokia Lumia 928 with PureView camera and aluminum body

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I want a red Lumia 928 and I want it yesterday :( My TMo Samsung Galaxy S 4G is over 2 years old and is dying. I hope pre-ordering is just around the corner. C'mon Verizon and Nokia !! End the suspense please !

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I also just wish SOMETHING solid would leak on this phone. A date, some "true" features for it, Does it have a MicroSD slot ? How much better is the camera over the 920 ?

Come on, a phone that is SAID to be released in a few weeks and we have NO info about it besides mostly rumor....if it all isn't rumor so far... Only True fact is a new Nokia phone came through the FCC and was approved. There is some also screen shots of a screen saying the phone was going to be released a while ago.

We need something solid on this one...

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Definitely need more than Stephen Elop saying that he doesn't know anything about a 928! Hopefully his quick subject change is an indication that there's something coming that he can't discuss yet.

Mirtas

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
What if Nokia announces the phone in 3 weeks and makes it available 9 weeks later. So basically we get the phone in June!

If the phone is ready and out there, there should have been some pictures and specs by now!

Ron Penton

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I also just wish SOMETHING solid would leak on this phone. A date, some "true" features for it, Does it have a MicroSD slot ? How much better is the camera over the 920 ?

Come on, a phone that is SAID to be released in a few weeks and we have NO info about it besides mostly rumor....if it all isn't rumor so far... Only True fact is a new Nokia phone came through the FCC and was approved. There is some also screen shots of a screen saying the phone was going to be released a while ago.

We need something solid on this one...

Yeah. That's the killer for me. If I were to find out the 928 didn't have microSD, I'd simply buy an 822 right now. But since I have no idea, I find myself waiting pointlessly, wondering when the heck we're going to find anything out...

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well we saw this go through the FCC around February 23rd. So that means we're right by that month and a half now. It's just hard waiting with what feels like no official info at all.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Its like a little tease comes out and then nothing at all. Just when it seems hope is lost then something else pops up. The suspense is killing me!

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Lucid 2 is rolling out now. How much have you heard about that?

Isn't that an Android phone?

*edit* Did a little research on it. It's a mid-range Android phone that's already running a version behind on the OS and it hasn't even launched yet. It seems to favor battery life over power. Sounds great for someone who doesn't need top-of-the-line and isn't looking for a Windows Phone like the OP here or pretty much anyone else on this entire forum. Try this: it's the Android sister site: http://www.androidcentral.com/ , and you should get a much better response there.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think he may have been referring to the lack of information about that phone before it's launch. Relating it to the lack of information about the 928. I'm not a mind reader though, so I may be wrong. I think the difference here for most of us is that we expect more from what's meant to be a flagship product. I understand if honest is a little frustrated by our desire for information that just isn't available yet and his inability to answer some of the near constant questions it seems he's been getting lately. Thanks for providing what you know and what you're comfortable saying.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think he may have been referring to the lack of information about that phone before it's launch. Relating it to the lack of information about the 928. I'm not a mind reader though, so I may be wrong. I think the difference here for most of us is that we expect more from what's meant to be a flagship product. I understand if honest is a little frustrated by our desire for information that just isn't available yet and his inability to answer some of the near constant questions it seems he's been getting lately. Thanks for providing what you know and what you're comfortable saying.

Ahh, totally misinterpreted that, if that's what he meant. Whoops - good thing I wasn't as snarky as I really wanted to be ;)

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
That is how I meant it. I remember the Lucid 2 showing up in at the FCC like a month ago and now its shipping to stores. I'm sure the 928 will get a little announcement but don't expect its own event. More like a Z10 style launch.

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That is how I meant it. I remember the Lucid 2 showing up in at the FCC like a month ago and now its shipping to stores. I'm sure the 928 will get a little announcement but don't expect its own event. More like a Z10 style launch.

Considering the Lumia showed up in the FCC more then a month ago, makes me wonder what is the hold up. I am still disappointed that Verizon decided to not include GSM bands 900 & 1800 like they did on the low end Lumia 822.
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...rame=N&application_id=726944&fcc_id=QMNRM-860

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That makes sense, give the Z10 some time on it's own before the new WP device. I think 3-4 weeks knowing Verizon. You guys gotta remember they are a business..... With that said I'm thinking April 4 announcement & released on April 18th

I was on Nokia's facebook and web page over the weekend and saw another teaser about the summer and the caption mentioned the 21st specifically. Hopefully that will be the announcement for the EOS/Catwlk/Solar Charging/Waterproof and not the Lumia 928. Can't wait that long for the 928.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Macphisto or Abe... I keep finding reasons for negativity and here is my latest... Originally we thought we were getting a 920 that looks slightly different with maybe sd or 12 mp camera... Since then we have heard about aluminum, solar, light and thin, waterproof etc. This 928 keeps getting more awesome! My question is simple... Without giving away any secrets and with the original expectations of a simple 920 variant will those of us waiting for this phone be disappointed? The answer to that question could make the wait until the end of April easier.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Macphisto or Abe... I keep finding reasons for negativity and here is my latest... Originally we thought we were getting a 920 that looks slightly different with maybe sd or 12 mp camera... Since then we have heard about aluminum, solar, light and thin, waterproof etc. This 928 keeps getting more awesome! My question is simple... Without giving away any secrets and with the original expectations of a simple 920 variant will those of us waiting for this phone be disappointed? The answer to that question could make the wait until the end of April easier.

it will be a slightly slimmer, slightly lighter aluminum 920 with MAYBE a 12mp camera. That is all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077