04-15-2013 02:20 PM
269 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Also some more stuff from Tom Warren concerning Lumia 928 and Nokia Catwalk, that indeed seem to be very different devices on camera and design.
    Nokia Catwalk to be launched May 15th 2013? UPDATED | nokiagadgets.com
    04-04-2013 11:27 AM
    The carrot continues to dangle.
    04-04-2013 11:29 AM
    So according to Tom Warren the 928 and Catwalk are different and they will have different bodies + different cameras.

It sounds like the T-Mo version will be neutered
    04-04-2013 11:36 AM
    The take away message is a new high end device with a global (US and EU) launch will be next month. Whether its 928 or catwalk is irrelevant given the rumours about the two devices have been so mixed up over the last 2 months most sites think they are the same thing (920 with ali body, card reader, AMOLED, improved camera)
    04-04-2013 11:49 AM
    So according to Tom Warren the 928 and Catwalk are different and they will have different bodies + different cameras.

It sounds like the T-Mo version will be neutered
    Why so?
    Catwalk is the global version and should be the last to be neutered. Same with Lumia 820 and its variants.

If anything to me it feels like Lumia 928 is more of a Lumia 920 variant and Catwalk will introduce new aluminium design from Nokia. Though like Traldera said, there's so much of overlapping info from "insiders" here in forum and elsewhere that who really knows.
    04-04-2013 12:01 PM
    Lots of rumors popping up about a May 15th reveal in London

Rumour: Nokia Catwalk Launch date, 15th May 2013, London : My Nokia Blog
    And this event would be a prime candidate to reveal such a handset Microsoft and Nokia to hold May Windows Phone developer camp in London | Windows Phone Central
    04-04-2013 12:17 PM
    Just thought this was interesting to note, but if you look at the leaked picture of the Verizon inventory listing the white, black, and red 822s, and a 928, the dates listed for the 822s are a little less than three months before the release dates. If the 928 follows suit, it should be out in a week or two maybe...which doesn't really change anything. Nothing concrete too...just thought it was neat observation.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    04-04-2013 08:24 PM
    Just a thought, shouldn't the next major update be the 930, to keep with the naming pattern of Flagships. Calling a completely new flagship the 928 doesn't make much sense, sounds like a carrier variant to me.
    04-04-2013 08:33 PM
    Just a thought, shouldn't the next major update be the 930, to keep with the naming pattern of Flagships. Calling a completely new flagship the 928 doesn't make much sense, sounds like a carrier variant to me.
    Probably is. It is the 920 version for Verizon and it will probably have some minor improvements over the 920, but the major improvement will be with the 93x.
    04-05-2013 07:30 AM
    You: I am looking to move from TMo to Verizon

Travis: Awesome!

You: but am waiting for the Nokia Lumia 928 to arrive at Verizon

You: A rep in a Verizon store said it would be arriving in April

You: My current phone needs to be replaced badly and I am wondering if I can hold out for the 928 or go to ATT and the Lumia 920

Travis: Alright. We currently don't have information of when exactly it will arrive.
    04-05-2013 07:33 AM
    I asked Tom warren on twitter whether info on catwalk and 928 would come at the same time and if it'd be smart for people on Verizon to wait. He responded saying

"well Catwalk isn't coming to Verizon. The 928 is a separate device, almost identical to 920"

He also previously said that catwalk isn't coming to AT&T while seeming to hint it'd be a carrier exclusive in the US.
    04-05-2013 09:52 AM
    I asked Tom warren on twitter whether info on catwalk and 928 would come at the same time and if it'd be smart for people on Verizon to wait. He responded saying

"well Catwalk isn't coming to Verizon. The 928 is a separate device, almost identical to 920"

He also previously said that catwalk isn't coming to AT&T while seeming to hint it'd be a carrier exclusive in the US.
    please let that be t-mobile's exclusive
    04-05-2013 10:00 AM
    I hope it would be for T-Mobile if Verizon and AT&T aren't getting it. I don't think Sprint deserves a Nokia exclusive before T-Mobile after their attitude towards WP8.
    04-05-2013 10:40 AM
    From what I have read catwalk will be coming to t-mobile. Dont know if it will be an exclusive.
    04-05-2013 10:44 AM
    Here's a chat I just had. Looks like it won't be officially announced until May.

chat.png
    04-05-2013 12:20 PM
    Take everything you hear from Tom Warren with a grain of salt. He is just a Senior editor, so he might know more but, he does not work for Nokia or Verizon, so his info might be the same as ours that we have read on every site... As most editors will post any info that will bring traffic, and if had facts he could publish them, he would of.

and if it looks like this... Dam, that is pretty sexy !

nokia_lumia_1001_concept_3.jpg

So, even though he posted some little tidbits, there are no new facts that most of us already know. It will be smaller and lighter, have 4.5" display, will have a metal case of some type, no idea on if it will have a MicroSD slot or not and other info is more rumor than anything else. It is also scheduled to be released or said something about at sometime this month. You might not get it this month but, the facts about the device should be released this month.

Anything else is just a big question mark here till we here offical from Verizon OR Nokia but, I am betting we will hear about it from Verizon before Nokia...

I'm still on the fence, if it has a MicroSD slot, I will buy it off contract day one (praying for a 32gb+ MicroSD), if not, I might wait for 8.5/9 devices.....ugh this waiting is killing me...I have better things to do besides comb all the WP sites every day...
    Zomby Jeezus likes this.
    04-05-2013 12:47 PM
    i really hope may is wrong. that vzw sales person could have just been trying to make a sale. saying its coming out in May will increase the odds he can sell a phone today
    04-05-2013 01:00 PM
    i really hope may is wrong. that vzw sales person could have just been trying to make a sale. saying its coming out in May will increase the odds he can sell a phone today
    Every other sorce has said it will be unvaled this month... Hmmm... Everyone with Verizon reading this thread should try to talk to a Verizon rep online and see if you get the same info. I would bet 5 people would go, 3 of them would get "no info" and 2 would pester enough to get a little info but, different info from above. A few of the reps might of played with it but, I bet none know an actual date of release or when it will be publicly announced.
    04-05-2013 01:25 PM
    I agree that fully trusting Tom Warren's information isn't something we should do. He has said things in the past that don't seem to mesh up with what he's saying now. I'd be willing to bet he gets his info a lot like how we get ours from Verizon reps. Just he has more of them to ask from Verizon Microsoft and Nokia. Plus the man obviously doesn't understand the meaning of the word soon, Since he told us Verizon subscribers would be happy soon in like January.
    04-05-2013 01:36 PM
    Tom Warren is VERY respected by Microsoft, Nokia and likely Verizon. He is considered one of the best in the industry in what he does, and he regularly talks with the PR connections at each company. He probably gets details about things we won't hear about for a year plus, but he is trusted and embargoes that info.

With that said, he also wouldn't go blabbing about tidbits that he gets from MS, Nokia or Verizon, so he likely only shares something if a random source sends it to him and he deems it credible based on what he knows from his actual industry sources.
    04-05-2013 02:38 PM
    Tom Warren is VERY respected by Microsoft, Nokia and likely Verizon. He is considered one of the best in the industry in what he does, and he regularly talks with the PR connections at each company. He probably gets details about things we won't hear about for a year plus, but he is trusted and embargoes that info.

With that said, he also wouldn't go blabbing about tidbits that he gets from MS, Nokia or Verizon, so he likely only shares something if a random source sends it to him and he deems it credible based on what he knows from his actual industry sources.
    I guess what I am saying is, dont get your hopes up based on what he says. If the phone is not annouced by the end of this month, I personally will question his views...but, still till Verizon or Nokia says something...it's just rumor...
    04-05-2013 03:32 PM
    Take everything you hear from Tom Warren with a grain of salt. He is just a Senior editor, so he might know more but, he does not work for Nokia or Verizon, so his info might be the same as ours that we have read on every site... As most editors will post any info that will bring traffic, and if had facts he could publish them, he would of.

and if it looks like this... Dam, that is pretty sexy !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nokia_Lumia_1001_concept_3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	31741

So, even though he posted some little tidbits, there are no new facts that most of us already know. It will be smaller and lighter, have 4.5" display, will have a metal case of some type, no idea on if it will have a MicroSD slot or not and other info is more rumor than anything else. It is also scheduled to be released or said something about at sometime this month. You might not get it this month but, the facts about the device should be released this month.

Anything else is just a big question mark here till we here offical from Verizon OR Nokia but, I am betting we will hear about it from Verizon before Nokia...

I'm still on the fence, if it has a MicroSD slot, I will buy it off contract day one (praying for a 32gb+ MicroSD), if not, I might wait for 8.5/9 devices.....ugh this waiting is killing me...I have better things to do besides comb all the WP sites every day...
    I was shopping today and I saw a Verizon employee (don't know if it was a manager or what) carrying a phone that looked exactly like this...windows button and all.
    04-05-2013 04:01 PM
    I was shopping today and I saw a Verizon employee (don't know if it was a manager or what) carrying a phone that looked exactly like this...windows button and all.
    don't tease them. They're easily excited :)
    Gungzwei likes this.
    04-05-2013 06:42 PM
    Well EV Leaks has outed some press photos. Looks like the 920 except with a Xenon flash and its a bit narrower. You can also see that its more curved like the 720.

Told ya so ;-)
    alGaddafi and jmajid like this.
    04-05-2013 10:05 PM
    Looks like a polycarbonate body. I'm ok with that though because it was never about aluminum bodies for me, it was just about a Nokia flagship with pureview tech on Verizon. I could be wrong about the material though.
    04-05-2013 10:21 PM
269 ... 45678 ...