04-15-2013 02:20 PM
269 ... 7891011
tools
    They're hyping up the camera quite a bit internally. Posting a lot of GS3 vs 928 lowlight images and the such. I can't imagine its too far off.
    Posting GS3 vs 928 images where? Store displays?
    04-11-2013 10:07 PM
    They're hyping up the camera quite a bit internally. Posting a lot of GS3 vs 928 lowlight images and the such. I can't imagine its too far off.
    Do you think the camera will be enough to sell it to a more casual consumer?
    04-11-2013 11:11 PM
    Agree with alot that has been said above, the images are likely just being sent around internally to verizon - I would be surprised if verizon had posters, but that would make an impact statement - you know what they say about pictures....
    Now that Honestabebread is giving more details (not that he hasnt already...but it appears he is confirming specs now, this means an announcement next week, perhaps Thursday. I had heard previously that they like to announce on a Thursday...only another week perhaps?
    04-12-2013 08:06 AM
    I'm really looking to ditch my iPhone 5 due to sheer boredom and have no desire whatsoever to pick up a non-Nexus Android device on Verizon due to lack of software updates, so I'd really love to see the 928 released by the end of the month. It'd be nice to have a phone running a similar OS to my Windows 8 laptop.
    04-12-2013 08:21 AM
    I can confirm OIS and Qi for you :)
    I've been combing these threads for weeks now waiting for this phone to drop. I may be a little out of loop on this but is 'Qi' the new ultra low power high res screen tech Pixel Qi? Wow if that is true. Does any other phone have this?

Thanks.
    04-12-2013 09:44 AM
    I believe the Qi he is referring to is the Wireless Charging standard that is currently in the other Lumia's (and the Verizon 8x, for that matter)
    04-12-2013 09:48 AM
    I believe the Qi he is referring to is the Wireless Charging standard that is currently in the other Lumia's (and the Verizon 8x, for that matter)
    This.
    04-12-2013 10:01 AM
    With the Z10 turning out to be a major flop in the US now would be a perfect time for Nokia to get their new phones on to the market.
    04-12-2013 11:16 AM
    If only it were that easy :/

This has been the most agonizing wait I've ever had for a phone - and I've had tons of phones.
    No - Trophy was FAR more agonizing. Using a Windows Mobile phone while everyone else was playing with new Windows Phones, switching to Sprint and later ATT only to learn that they both have inadequate reception in my area, trying to develop an app without having a device..... This is nothing!
    elpedrogrande and dnlbntl like this.
    04-12-2013 12:04 PM
    Z10 flopped? I Hadn't heard this. Has there been any data released?
    04-12-2013 12:21 PM
    there is an article out there that the z10 is selling very poorly after its initial launch.. and now the stores are seeing more returns than purchases is some cases

RIM is denying its the case
    04-12-2013 01:54 PM
    there is an article out there that the z10 is selling very poorly after its initial launch.. and now the stores are seeing more returns than purchases is some cases

RIM is denying its the case
    Verizon denied it too. Return rate is very low on the Z10. And while sales aren't crazy good, it's doing about like everyone expected.
    04-12-2013 06:20 PM
    I've played with the Z10 a bit and while I prefer a WP experience, they built a pretty good device. Feels fantastic in the hand and has a pretty smooth response to the software.
    04-12-2013 06:33 PM
    I tried the Z10 out for a couple days. It's a nice phone and nice OS, but the apps are the worst BY FAR of any mobile phone on the market. For one, they don't have any...secondly, the ones they have are horrible...slow, choppy and overall just inconsistent. The whole ordeal of porting Android apps is another issue that is killing them. And of course Verizon and BB would say that the reports are false...would you expect them to confirm that their phone is tanking? That will be confirmed when official numbers are released.
    04-12-2013 07:09 PM
    Verizon denied it too. Return rate is very low on the Z10. And while sales aren't crazy good, it's doing about like everyone expected.
    Good to know. I think I'm going to pick up a Z10 off contract, even though my upgrade is May 20th. Then I can use my upgrade when the next gen WP gets released. I'm sick of waiting and my Trophy feels like chopped liver next to my GFs Z10 and buddies 8x. lol
    04-12-2013 07:31 PM
    I tried the Z10 out for a couple days. It's a nice phone and nice OS, but the apps are the worst BY FAR of any mobile phone on the market. For one, they don't have any...secondly, the ones they have are horrible...slow, choppy and overall just inconsistent. The whole ordeal of porting Android apps is another issue that is killing them. And of course Verizon and BB would say that the reports are false...would you expect them to confirm that their phone is tanking? That will be confirmed when official numbers are released.
    Verizon wouldn't care unless it was false. HTC is tanking but you haven't heard Verizon say anything about it because its all true.
    elpedrogrande likes this.
    04-12-2013 08:04 PM
    Did u guys read about the device payment plan launching on the 21st just in time for the 928 no contracts

From Engadget

Look: we know many on Verizon aren't happy that the carrier has revealed plans to lengthen its upgrade intervals right as smartphone update season is hitting full stride. However, there may be a consolation prize. As of April 21st, "some devices" in its smartphone range, not just the existing tablets, will qualify for a Device Payment Plan that spreads out the full costs over the course of a year, letting those who crave the latest mobile hardware (presumably, you) upgrade without either having to sign a contract or pay everything up front. Sounds like a very UnCarrier thing to do, doesn't it? Not quite, unfortunately. The carrier tells us that these payments sit on top of existing service plans, not inside them -- the base service rate won't go down in year two. T-Mobile will remain the better bargain for anyone constantly replacing handsets, then, but those on Verizon will at least have a degree of freedom.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/12/v...share_facebook
    elpedrogrande likes this.
    04-12-2013 09:19 PM
    Expect a fundamental shift from Verizon soon. It will be similar to what T Mobile did except it will still cost more (but the network will be better obviously). Verizon's been talking about going contract free since late 2011 and I think we're getting very close since 100% LTE overlap will be done by July and then VoLTE will roll out at a rapid pace. Our new prepaid plans are very competitive. $60 a month for unlimited talk and text and 500MB is a good deal if you throw an astoundingly good LTE network into the mix.

This whole 24 months/payment plan thing is a way to condition customers. Verizon has the largest basic phone user base out of any carrier and those people will flip their lids if they have to pay $300 for a basic phone.

It's coming but I don't know when. Probably Q3 or 4.
    04-13-2013 12:09 PM
    I sent a facebook message to Nokia News and asked about the release of the Lumia 928 and received a response that "Will be announced soon".

Is this an official Nokia site ? Anyone know ? Thanks...
    04-13-2013 02:55 PM
    @honestabebread.. any chance that the lumia 928 release lines up with the loss of NE2 date (april 15th i think?), or lines up with paying for your phone in increments (april 21st)?
    i feel liek in the past, they would line up big changes with big phone releases.. although, i would guess these big changes would be aimed more as the GS4
    04-13-2013 04:14 PM
    I have no idea when it comes out but I've finally seen the phone at least. Its a beauty
    jmajid, Twice Born and Rick2340 like this.
    04-13-2013 05:07 PM
    I have no idea when it comes out but I've finally seen the phone at least. Its a beauty
    04-13-2013 05:25 PM
    I probably won't be saying a whole lot because this is going to be high profile. I hope you guys understand
    jmajid, antsin3d and jleebiker like this.
    04-13-2013 05:37 PM
    I probably won't be saying a whole lot because this is going to be high profile. I hope you guys understand
    you've contributed more than your fair share to the WPC community. Have an awesome weekend!
    04-13-2013 05:59 PM
    so honestabebread.. what are your opinions on how reliable evleaks is? hahah jk
    04-13-2013 05:59 PM
269 ... 7891011