Nokia Lumia 928 with PureView camera and aluminum body

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure it's a good idea for me to post the pic here, but I have a buddy who works as an RF Engineer for Verizon in Chicago. He posted a picture on Facebook of him and other Engineers in a meeting, and one of the Engineers has a white Lumia 928 in his hand (I assume it is, it looks very similar to the 920, but of course Verizon doesn't have that).

I can't wait.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
it will be a slightly slimmer, slightly lighter aluminum 920 with MAYBE a 12mp camera. That is all

Any idea on the MicroSD thing ? This will be the deciding factor for me, No MicroSD, I wait till 8.5/9 devices, yes, I buy posably on day one off contract...

Not willing to give up my unlimited data....(6 years out of contract still have a New every 2 $100 credit on my account)

Not sure it's a good idea for me to post the pic here, but I have a buddy who works as an RF Engineer for Verizon in Chicago. He posted a picture on Facebook of him and other Engineers in a meeting, and one of the Engineers has a white Lumia 928 in his hand (I assume it is, it looks very similar to the 920, but of course Verizon doesn't have that).

I can't wait.

Would you be willing to send me a PM or email it to me ? (My user name @ hotmail.com) I just want to see what this dam thing looks like right now...

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Any idea on the MicroSD thing ? This will be the deciding factor for me, No MicroSD, I wait till 8.5/9 devices, yes, I buy posably on day one off contract...

Not willing to give up my unlimited data....(6 years out of contract still have a New every 2 $100 credit on my account)

Would you be willing to send me a PM or email it to me ? (My user name @ hotmail.com) I just want to see what this dam thing looks like right now...
It's not a close look at it. The guy holding it is sitting across the table. Don't want anyone getting fired for "leaking" pics.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that you can't tell the difference from a distance.

Come on. Nokia never makes devices that are similar looking to each other!

All-Nokia-phones.jpg

nokia920-1346862728.jpg

nokia-lumia-920-nokia-lumia-900-review-05.png

Nokia-Lumia-920-vs-Lumia-900-vs-Lumia-800.jpg

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm really doubting ill have my hands on this device this month. Verizon is losing my interest really, If Sprint officially announces a WP8 device before the "928" is announced i probably wont switch.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This page has been a bit mixed bag.
So does it have N9/Lumaa800/Lumia 920 design or aluminium design? If it follows the aluminium build you would expect the design change. We would not see the deep colors and the poly design doesn't make much sense if you are making the phone from aluminium.

12MP camera and aluminium build would be way more than i have expected, Still waiting it to be exact Lumia 920 copy.

theovog

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the current matte finish design is the best thing that ever came out of the head of their design team. The only problem with 920 is its thinkness (not size). So for 928, if they can keep the same specs and may it thicker it will be just great. Now, every other improvement is welcome (e.g. even better camera) but personally I believe they will keep the camera upgrade for their next flagship phone (940 or 950) when we will probably have Windows Phone GR2 Update (or as I believe WP8.1) with a new processor (probably a dual core Snapdragon 800 as I believe it will be next CPU chip to be supported by WP).

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The suspense is driving me crazy. I read these boards daily just hoping for some new info. Our Verizon sources are pretty certain that this will be slightly thinner and lighter than the 920. That in addition to the aluminum body and possible 12 mp camera make the 928 the best phone on the market in my humble opinion! I cant get mine soon enough.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really hope it doesn't have a 12MP camera - that's such a step in the wrong direction. Low light and image quality will suffer yet again at the hands of the marketers that just don't know when to stop beating a dead horse.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The suspense is driving me crazy. I read these boards daily just hoping for some new info. Our Verizon sources are pretty certain that this will be slightly thinner and lighter than the 920. That in addition to the aluminum body and possible 12 mp camera make the 928 the best phone on the market in my humble opinion! I cant get mine soon enough.

It's driving me crazy too, Something has to leak on this....SOON ! I am one who knows that MP is just a number, it's a image size but, means nothing when it comes to quality of images. If they use the same tech as the 920 but, make it better to give a 12mp rating, I'm ok with it. If it's better than the 920, then it will be the best camera phone ever to date. For Nokia to make a high end phone with a 12mp, I am sure we wont be disapointed, as for phone camera tech, Nokia is the best.

This will blow your mind a little but, think about it. This phone is scheduled for a release this month sometime, according to all the rumors. Know what that means ? Someplace in the world, there is a bunch of pallets loaded with the Lumia 928 in brand new boxes ready to ship. There are hundreds if not thousands of them waiting to ship, if not already in Verizon's warehouses....<mind blown>

And we still dont know anything about this phone yet...ugh

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This kind of thinking can be applied on so many levels in so many other fields.

The other thing is that with Just In Time processes and capabilities, this may NOT always be the case. Some industries only keep 24 hours worth of materials on hand to reduce the amount of storage space on the production site. Space=money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro