Nokia Lumia 928 with PureView camera and aluminum body

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Take everything you hear from Tom Warren with a grain of salt. He is just a Senior editor, so he might know more but, he does not work for Nokia or Verizon, so his info might be the same as ours that we have read on every site... As most editors will post any info that will bring traffic, and if had facts he could publish them, he would of.

and if it looks like this... Dam, that is pretty sexy !

Nokia_Lumia_1001_concept_3.jpg

So, even though he posted some little tidbits, there are no new facts that most of us already know. It will be smaller and lighter, have 4.5" display, will have a metal case of some type, no idea on if it will have a MicroSD slot or not and other info is more rumor than anything else. It is also scheduled to be released or said something about at sometime this month. You might not get it this month but, the facts about the device should be released this month.

Anything else is just a big question mark here till we here offical from Verizon OR Nokia but, I am betting we will hear about it from Verizon before Nokia...

I'm still on the fence, if it has a MicroSD slot, I will buy it off contract day one (praying for a 32gb+ MicroSD), if not, I might wait for 8.5/9 devices.....ugh this waiting is killing me...I have better things to do besides comb all the WP sites every day...

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
i really hope may is wrong. that vzw sales person could have just been trying to make a sale. saying its coming out in May will increase the odds he can sell a phone today

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
i really hope may is wrong. that vzw sales person could have just been trying to make a sale. saying its coming out in May will increase the odds he can sell a phone today

Every other sorce has said it will be unvaled this month... Hmmm... Everyone with Verizon reading this thread should try to talk to a Verizon rep online and see if you get the same info. I would bet 5 people would go, 3 of them would get "no info" and 2 would pester enough to get a little info but, different info from above. A few of the reps might of played with it but, I bet none know an actual date of release or when it will be publicly announced.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree that fully trusting Tom Warren's information isn't something we should do. He has said things in the past that don't seem to mesh up with what he's saying now. I'd be willing to bet he gets his info a lot like how we get ours from Verizon reps. Just he has more of them to ask from Verizon Microsoft and Nokia. Plus the man obviously doesn't understand the meaning of the word soon, Since he told us Verizon subscribers would be happy soon in like January.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Tom Warren is VERY respected by Microsoft, Nokia and likely Verizon. He is considered one of the best in the industry in what he does, and he regularly talks with the PR connections at each company. He probably gets details about things we won't hear about for a year plus, but he is trusted and embargoes that info.

With that said, he also wouldn't go blabbing about tidbits that he gets from MS, Nokia or Verizon, so he likely only shares something if a random source sends it to him and he deems it credible based on what he knows from his actual industry sources.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Tom Warren is VERY respected by Microsoft, Nokia and likely Verizon. He is considered one of the best in the industry in what he does, and he regularly talks with the PR connections at each company. He probably gets details about things we won't hear about for a year plus, but he is trusted and embargoes that info.

With that said, he also wouldn't go blabbing about tidbits that he gets from MS, Nokia or Verizon, so he likely only shares something if a random source sends it to him and he deems it credible based on what he knows from his actual industry sources.

I guess what I am saying is, dont get your hopes up based on what he says. If the phone is not annouced by the end of this month, I personally will question his views...but, still till Verizon or Nokia says something...it's just rumor...

jhnybgood47

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Take everything you hear from Tom Warren with a grain of salt. He is just a Senior editor, so he might know more but, he does not work for Nokia or Verizon, so his info might be the same as ours that we have read on every site... As most editors will post any info that will bring traffic, and if had facts he could publish them, he would of.

and if it looks like this... Dam, that is pretty sexy !

View attachment 31741

So, even though he posted some little tidbits, there are no new facts that most of us already know. It will be smaller and lighter, have 4.5" display, will have a metal case of some type, no idea on if it will have a MicroSD slot or not and other info is more rumor than anything else. It is also scheduled to be released or said something about at sometime this month. You might not get it this month but, the facts about the device should be released this month.

Anything else is just a big question mark here till we here offical from Verizon OR Nokia but, I am betting we will hear about it from Verizon before Nokia...

I'm still on the fence, if it has a MicroSD slot, I will buy it off contract day one (praying for a 32gb+ MicroSD), if not, I might wait for 8.5/9 devices.....ugh this waiting is killing me...I have better things to do besides comb all the WP sites every day...

I was shopping today and I saw a Verizon employee (don't know if it was a manager or what) carrying a phone that looked exactly like this...windows button and all.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Well EV Leaks has outed some press photos. Looks like the 920 except with a Xenon flash and its a bit narrower. You can also see that its more curved like the 720.

Told ya so ;-)

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a polycarbonate body. I'm ok with that though because it was never about aluminum bodies for me, it was just about a Nokia flagship with pureview tech on Verizon. I could be wrong about the material though.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This needs to come out very soon so I can figure what to do. I pretty much like my 822 experience, but dropping the red color, makes me rethink using my upgrade on a new one, as opposed to keeping my used white one and then getting a 928. Colors and pricing will be key, especially if a cyan 822 comes out as Honestabebread stated. Come on Verizon...hurry up and out this thing!

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope it releases with all colors available like the 920. I can't tell you how sexy this red 920 that I have in my possession is. It's soooo gorgeous.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well EV Leaks has outed some press photos. Looks like the 920 except with a Xenon flash and its a bit narrower. You can also see that its more curved like the 720.

Told ya so ;-)

Looks like there's also a little mic hole at the bottom, a speaker(?) grill on the back and the Nokia logo is on the wrong side!

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just compared the dimensions from the leaked photo to the dimensions from the FCC filings and they pretty much match up! I had to crop and and then scale the image to verify this.

untitled121.jpg

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
It will be a nice lil touch if and when Nokia/MS get rid of those corny carrier logo's. They kill a good design with all that branding.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
It will be a nice lil touch if and when Nokia/MS get rid of those corny carrier logo's. They kill a good design with all that branding.

Never going to happen. Especially with Verizon as they seem to be getting worse about it (have a look at the Note 2). They want everyone to know from every angle that you're using a phone on Verizon's network.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss