Nokia Lumia 928 with PureView camera and aluminum body

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I know that the designer of that render hasn't seen an actual production model but it was designed to the FCC specs. There is no reason that the phone cant be that sexy. Will it though? I will buy it either way but damn that phone would draw interest in Verizon showrooms!

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
The three things that will make me throw my money at them on launch day: wireless charging, ISIS-ready, and the same image stabilization tech as the 920. If it's a Verizon exclusive, I'm sure it will have wireless charging. If it's a 920 variant, I'm hoping for the same image tech as the 920. The ISIS is a toss-up though... Verizon has 9 ISIS-ready phones, of course all Android-based. Microsoft said they'd be ISIS compliant this year, and I'm hoping that the Microsoft store opening in Salt Lake City so close to the 928 release isn't coincidence (SLC is ISIS beta testing). I'd take any form of mobile payment... but I'd hope that if they're announcing mobile payments, they'll announce it in the form of ISIS.

sullibr01

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I am a basic boring black phone type of guy but if the 928 looks anything like this creation I may have to consider the red!

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/098/2/7/nokia_lumia_928_concept_by_jonas_daehnert-d60w9qn.jpg

I agree that's pretty nice looking. However, I have an 822 and the only thing I don't like about it is the glossy finish. Very slippery phone. I am older, and maybe my skin is drier than some, but it's definetly slippery. I would prefer a Matte finish.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the opposite experience - used a glossy white one that slid everywhere, and then a matte red one that was really great at staying put.

stwall

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat of taking either glossy or matte. Sitting on Sprint with an expired contract and an HTC Arrive, just waiting for this phone to release.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I feel for you buddy.. You really want that micro SD card :).. lets wait and see. All the best. I hope it is there just for you.

Actually micro sd isn't that much of an issue for me as long as it has 32 GB. I am just fanatically following this phone hoping for a little more news every day! Micro sd seems to be a must for many and I hope that they get it. Me.... I am buying day one unless Verizon really screws up this phone!

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The three things that will make me throw my money at them on launch day: wireless charging, ISIS-ready, and the same image stabilization tech as the 920. If it's a Verizon exclusive, I'm sure it will have wireless charging. If it's a 920 variant, I'm hoping for the same image tech as the 920. The ISIS is a toss-up though... Verizon has 9 ISIS-ready phones, of course all Android-based. Microsoft said they'd be ISIS compliant this year, and I'm hoping that the Microsoft store opening in Salt Lake City so close to the 928 release isn't coincidence (SLC is ISIS beta testing). I'd take any form of mobile payment... but I'd hope that if they're announcing mobile payments, they'll announce it in the form of ISIS.

I can confirm OIS and Qi for you :)

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
They're hyping up the camera quite a bit internally. Posting a lot of GS3 vs 928 lowlight images and the such. I can't imagine its too far off.

The camera package will become one of the main differentiators between devices. They are all pretty much maxing out the specs on their relative platforms, there isn't much to be gained from putting more cores and more RAM into them, considering that there is no software to take advantage of all that processing power.

There is the screen of course.. and I suspect they will have to move away from the PPI race and start paying attention to power consumption, sunlight legibility, etc.

So.. camera, sound recording, zoom, flash photography, optical stabilization, pixel sizes, stereo speakers, etc. In other words, more real world convergence, less spec hype.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6