Nokia Lumia 928 with PureView camera and aluminum body

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Its good to hear that its a nice device. Interested in the comments about it being high profile. I remember reading the articles about it being promoted heavily - but honestly, that has been said before with AT&T ... and it's not been the case. The Lumia 900 and 920 were pushed for a couple of months, but then there was a heavy drop off. I really hope it does well, but it will need to be $99 on contract at most, which I think is likely. If they could get it to free on contract, it would be killer. Microsoft really needs market share right now. It doesn't make sense for Nokia to take a bath on these devices, but Microsoft should work out some way to make the devices more attractive.

Some ideas:

Free xbox live gold for 24 months
Free Office 365 subscription for 24 months

They need to do something to disrupt. Sure, they'd have to book the costs of giving that stuff away for free, but it wouldn't be more than 50 bucks a device based on the volume they expect to sell. If it is a wild success and they sell 10 million, it's only 500 million dollars, and honestly, it'd help Office 365 adoption and the market share gains are VERY important for Microsoft right now.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
They might bring back the free game like they did with the Trophy. They may also do 3-12 months of Xbox Music for free. None of this will be at launch though. This stuff would come after sales have dropped off.

I'll keep on posting stuff like this but I've gotta be tight lipped about the device and the release date. Sorry. It really is a fantastic device though. You will all be happy.

chrisbash

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
They might bring back the free game like they did with the Trophy. They may also do 3-12 months of Xbox Music for free. None of this will be at launch though. This stuff would come after sales have dropped off.

I'll keep on posting stuff like this but I've gotta be tight lipped about the device and the release date. Sorry. It really is a fantastic device though. You will all be happy.

Judging by that last sentence it has 32GB of storage AND a MicroSD slot.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of an SD card, but the quality control on those things seems sketchy at best. I've heard all sorts of stories of issues with bad SD cards. I think 32GB and an SD card makes sense. 32GB is enough for most people, but an SD card may be needed for some.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
This is going to be my wife's first smart phone. She has been complaining about her phone and our point and shoot. Best of both worlds.

I have an upgrade I can use in July and I am not sure how I am going to handle my wife having this before me. I LOVE my 822 but my wife having better tech than me is not cool at all.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I hope this isnt US exclusive :( My GS2 is driving me nuts.
The event on May 15th in London thats supposed to announce Catwalk....makes me think this is US only though - Nokia wouldnt do a global handset (even if it is only an update) then a full whack new phone a month later

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I hope this isnt US exclusive :( My GS2 is driving me nuts.
The event on May 15th in London thats supposed to announce Catwalk....makes me think this is US only though - Nokia wouldnt do a global handset (even if it is only an update) then a full whack new phone a month later

IF nokia announce something at the event in May then it will be the Catwalk, which the majority of blog sites and others commenting on this agree will be a lighter and thinner version of the 920 akin to the 720 but made out of aluminum, which likely means it wont have the xenon flash either because of size/weight constraints...and may not have the Qi wireless charging - again for thickness constraints (i would be surprised if they dont do this).
So, the Catwalk - which might be the 92x will be available outside of the US and then later in the US with TMo.

The EOS - with the Pureview technology adapted from the 808 and OIS from the 92x series devices will be announced later this year - at Nokia World whenever that happens... this is my opinion based on what i have read on sites... but this really is speculation as its too far out yet.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

always a pleasure, sir.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
IF nokia announce something at the event in May then it will be the Catwalk, which the majority of blog sites and others commenting on this agree will be a lighter and thinner version of the 920 akin to the 720 but made out of aluminum, which likely means it wont have the xenon flash either because of size/weight constraints...and may not have the Qi wireless charging - again for thickness constraints (i would be surprised if they dont do this).
So, the Catwalk - which might be the 92x will be available outside of the US and then later in the US with TMo.

The EOS - with the Pureview technology adapted from the 808 and OIS from the 92x series devices will be announced later this year - at Nokia World whenever that happens... this is my opinion based on what i have read on sites... but this really is speculation as its too far out yet.

Still, would make very little business sense for Nokia to put the 928 into production, given a large chunk of the components are unique to the device, then only ship it to the US

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Well the Z10 is out, do we start the offical count down? I am getting so anxious, I just want to know the SD slot yea or nay. Then I'll go 822 *sigh*

I don't think the 928 will have an SD slot, but there is also a return policy, so if you buy the 822 and the 928 gets announced and it has an SD card, you could return your 822 and get the 928.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Judging by that last sentence it has 32GB of storage AND a MicroSD slot.

He's also said that is not the norm with devices, it's 16gb and a MicroSD slot OR a 32gb device but, by that last comment, we should be happy but, I am not getting my hopes up. 32gb and a MicroSD slot would fit my needs, 16gb and a slot does not solve my issue with apps, as we cant install apps to the MicroSD card with Windows Phone 8....

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the 928 will have an SD slot, but there is also a return policy, so if you buy the 822 and the 928 gets announced and it has an SD card, you could return your 822 and get the 928.

True, but I am a patient fellow...anxious and excited, but patient nonetheless, I play with the WP7.8 Trophy in the meantime.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans