Nokia Lumia 928 with PureView camera and aluminum body

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am very impatient and want this phone now! I will have much more free time when I don't have to check these boards every hour for new rumors!

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
If they get the pricing and promotion right, it could be big. The competition is extremely tough though:

iphone 5 or 5s - will do well no matter what, and a cheaper iphone will do extremely well.
Galaxy S4 - will also do well no matter what
HTC one - will be the best device that not enough people buy because they are busy buying an S4 or an iPhone
Lumia 928 - really needs to go after a different buyer - one that doesn't want to spend as much upfront and will make some compromises. Nearly all the concerns I have with the 928's success are WP8 related. A good friend is looking for a new smartphone, and I just can't recommend Windows phone - I know they will not be happy.

Anyway - solid pricing and good promotion will be the key here in the USA. $99 or below is critical.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Still, would make very little business sense for Nokia to put the 928 into production, given a large chunk of the components are unique to the device, then only ship it to the US
a large "chunk" of the components as you call it,will be re-used...from the 920.
Why wouldnt they do that? That is the business model they want to follow - design around components you know you can reuse.
Screen, SOC, antenna components, memory, battery perhaps....

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
He's also said that is not the norm with devices, it's 16gb and a MicroSD slot OR a 32gb device but, by that last comment, we should be happy but, I am not getting my hopes up. 32gb and a MicroSD slot would fit my needs, 16gb and a slot does not solve my issue with apps, as we cant install apps to the MicroSD card with Windows Phone 8....

OK, i'll bite... :) In good humor though...
With 16GB to begin with , lets assume you get 12GB on device when you receive it AND it comes with the fabled SD card...
Just how many apps do you plan on installing to the mass memory? What is the average downloaded and then installed size of apps?
How many will you fit into 10GB+ ?
again, in good humor, but a question to you, how many apps do you really use and need?

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
He's also said that is not the norm with devices, it's 16gb and a MicroSD slot OR a 32gb device but, by that last comment, we should be happy but, I am not getting my hopes up. 32gb and a MicroSD slot would fit my needs, 16gb and a slot does not solve my issue with apps, as we cant install apps to the MicroSD card with Windows Phone 8....

I'm sure its more a general statement that we'd be happy. Not that specifically those of us wanting SD were going to be happy.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an upgrade I can use in July and I am not sure how I am going to handle my wife having this before me. I LOVE my 822 but my wife having better tech than me is not cool at all.

Well, if your wife is happy then you are going to be at peace. It is worth more than anything:). Let her have all the tech, you have peace..:)

alGaddafi

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure its more a general statement that we'd be happy. Not that specifically those of us wanting SD were going to be happy.

I speculate that since he said that we would all be happy that it would include a SD slot. There has been lots of talk about SD slots for this phone, so I believe that there is one.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The fact that he is saying this is a beauty makes me think that Verizon hasn't screwed this up. What is really exciting is that if he has seen it then we are probably a week or two away. I think we may be reading into what he said but this is a rumor board and that's what we do. I do think that it was a subtle message to the sd crowd but we shall see!

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Boom protein everywhere
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-nokia-lumia-928-lcd-screen-and-digitizer-assembly.html[/FONT]

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I was taking it with a grain of salt. I don't actually expect a Lumia to come loaded with the android marketplace lol. I just forgot to use my sarcasm font.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo