Nokia Lumia 928 with PureView camera and aluminum body

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This site says it won't have a micro sd slot. I'm pretty sad about that because it would be cool to save space on the phone for all the apps from the android market which this article also claims the phone will have.

I hope that's not true... It will be a MAJOR disapointment... That would make me on the fence on getting this phone. No MicroSD leaves me with the same limits I have with my 8X, sure there is more memory but, There is no way I will be able to fit 20gb of music with 16+gb of apps and still have room for podcasts and other media.... I want a phone to be my MP3 player, my media device AND a phone, this would give too many limits... A new, high end phone needs 32gb + MicroSD or a 64gb option.

For some people, 16gb ot 32gb is enough but, for me, it does not meet my needs...

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am still skeptical of 32gb and micro sd but don't get down based on that sites report. If I were a betting man it would still be 16 GB and micro sd.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I hope that's not true... It will be a MAJOR disapointment

I think he's speaking in jest. Don't trust what the site says. It says no SD slot, but it also says the phone "features" the Google Android Market.

The "review" doesn't really make any sense. "...and other features are Facebook, Youtube, Google Android Market..." Facebook and Youtube are features?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think he's speaking in jest. Don't trust what the site says. It says no SD slot, but it also says the phone "features" the Google Android Market.

The "review" doesn't really make any sense. "...and other features are Facebook, Youtube, Google Android Market..." Facebook and Youtube are features?

Yea, I noticed that after it all. Oh, well, this waiting is killing me. Just want to know for sure.... It still will be a disapointment if there is no MicroSD slot in it, I might even skip it and wait for 8.5/9 devices for release....or find one used in a month or 2... To buy on release day it will have to have a MicroSD slot...

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
a large "chunk" of the components as you call it,will be re-used...from the 920.
Why wouldnt they do that? That is the business model they want to follow - design around components you know you can reuse.
Screen, SOC, antenna components, memory, battery perhaps....

This is true of "variants" but all signs point to this phone being a completely new device and not a simple variant. SOC/Memory may be the same but we already know antennas (920 is not on veriszon CDMA), and screen (LCD vs AMOLED) will be different.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
OK, i'll bite... :) In good humor though...
With 16GB to begin with , lets assume you get 12GB on device when you receive it AND it comes with the fabled SD card...
Just how many apps do you plan on installing to the mass memory? What is the average downloaded and then installed size of apps?
How many will you fit into 10GB+ ?
again, in good humor, but a question to you, how many apps do you really use and need?

I agree completely! I have been using the 920 for quite a while now and find that I have never needed extra space. Maybe the way I am using my device is evolving over the years but now I am perfectly content with 16 or 32Gb. Most of my music is streamed or in the cloud (pandora, Xbox music, nokia music, spotify). When I need playlists offline I have the option to download them to my device (spotify, xbox music, nokia music)....I always keep a few full length movies available for long flights, etc. This is not a deal breaker feature for me at all anymore (though I would have said it was 2 yrs ago).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos