Nokia Lumia 928 with PureView camera and aluminum body

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
One of the biggest rumors/news going around is about the L928. As more details emerge I want to start the discussion. Here is what we think we know so far.

Details emerge on Verizon

What does this community this about the 928? What will we be seeing and when will we be able to get our hands on this device?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
LOL at the rate technology is moving, you will never be completely satisfy with your device.
I am still using Lumia 900 and waiting for Nokia to announce high-end smartphone.

I will when they make a 3.8inch 720p clearblack dual core wireless charging nfc bluetooth4.0 pureview beats audio 32gig windows phone 8!

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Now that rumors has been heating up, I'm catching up on the issues with the 920, one of which is the dust on the front facing camera. I'm hoping Nokia saw this problem and rectified it for the 928.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I will when they make a 3.8inch 720p clearblack dual core wireless charging nfc bluetooth4.0 pureview beats audio 32gig windows phone 8!

Haha. Remove clearback and beats and that's a phone I'd plunk $500 for tomorrow (the lack of such a phone for so long would make me overpay.) I mean, I'm not opposed to clearback or beats, just don't care.

Give me 4" or less, fantastic lowlight camera, WP8 and modern internals. All I want.

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Looking to jump ship from 'ole T-Mo in April or May. We've been favoring AT&T because of their support of Windows Phone, but this could shift the balance to Verizon. Both have about the same coverage out here in Phoenix, so it may just come down to who has the best phone deal in the next 6-10 weeks.

I surely hope they wouldn't downgrade it to only 16GB internal memory from the 920's 32. My wife and I are still using our T-Mo HD7's (7.8), but at 2 years old, they are starting to freeze up on a weekly basis. They've been great phones though. Just hate the data performance on T-Mo.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping that they will be using the camera package from the Nokia N8.. a xenon flash requires a mechanical shutter, so it will be easier to use something they already have, and that has been tested by users for years.

I am also very excited to see how they managed to make that Xenon flash work on Windows NT.. that would be a first for the kernel :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
LOL at the rate technology is moving, you will never be completely satisfy with your device.
I am still using Lumia 900 and waiting for Nokia to announce high-end smartphone.
I'm staying with AT&T and also am still using a Lumia 900. I'm hoping to see something more high end than the Lumia 920 by the time I'm eligible for an upgrade this fall/winter.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm anxious to see the real specs of this phone. If it has only 16GB, I'll be disappointed. If it has no SD slot, I'll be disappointed. But why in the world downgrade the sensor? Doesn't 920 have 8.7MP, and this one leaked with only 8? That won't be a deal breaker for me, but it would be a letdown.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Macphisto stated in the "Verge reports..." thread to not trust them. He is hearing 16 gig/Micro SD and 12 MP sensor.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you on that, but if I had to put money down, I would go with our two resident Verizon employees.

Exactly, that's why im confused who to believe. Either way I will be very happy, even happier if MacPhisto is correct! 16gb is enough for apps for me, as long as I have a micro sd for music, videos and pictures!

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I'm actually less concerned with the specs as I am with the issues associated with the 920. mainly the dust accumulation in the front facing camera. That would annoy me to no end.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For me, 16GB won't be something I'd really want to embrace, unless they completely fix the "Other" storage issue. I've reached a point where I am concerned about reaching the end, because that 64GB card I have in there won't do a bit of good if I'm wanting to install an app. I did already have to uninstall a few games to install something else once. Games aren't all that important to me, but since I do let the grandkids play in Kid's Corner, I don't want to have to go uninstalling...

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So would it force you to pass on the 928? Macphisto, alluded that the Catwalk might hit Verizon first, so there is that possibility if you want to forego the 928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills