928 Rage :)

smontoya2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Seems like it again. I wish they would just officially announce the device already. Then at least I know what's real & worth holding out for. If not then I can nab another WP8 device in the meantime. Though patience has me waiting for Nokia's Customer Support, Exclusive Apps plus the camera upgrade w/ xenon flash. Hang in there...i know the feeling.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't upgrade and move to Verizon till June, so I'm just hoping it will be out for long enough to see if there are any issues before I can get one.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
They better really hurry for my own situation, the 920 is free right now at the MS store and ATT's network is just as good as Verizon here in OKC.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm eligible for an upgrade the end of April. Hoping for it then, or I will wait a little, but the suspense is killing me too.

Due to network coverage in our area, we are stuck with Verizon it seems, so I hope for a solid flagship WP soon. My wife is jumping ship to iphone (because she uses an ipad for work, and wants the simplicity of sharing things). I just got a Win8 tablet to replace my ipad and am all in with Win8 and WP8, so I hope they can give me something of similar (or better) quality and performance to an iphone 5. I know the 822 and 8X are good, but in my eyes aren't quite there. What has been rumored about the 928 seems like it ticks all the boxes for me.

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
They don't want to announce anything now because of everyone's complaining last year when the phone was announced like 2 months before it came out. I don't blame them, but I'm also really excited to see it too.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else feel like this is the Trophy all over again? The suspense is literally killing me!
No, this is definitely not Trophy all over again. To have a phone leaked and have it look like it's coming within less than two months? No. With Trophy, not only did I wait the 6 or so months before it finally came to Verizon after seeing the Microsoft Employee poster leaked, I actually got to see a prototype device that one of the Microsoft Developer Evangelists had in March 2010, and was dying to get my hands on one after that. I waited more than 14 months for Trophy to finally come to Verizon, so 928 is AWESOME in my book.

I feel your pain, but as Hopmedic reminded us, the Trophy was officially announced, then unannounced, and then another 6-7 months until it came up for sale.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-928/219750-our-own-sub-forum-huzzah.html

Hopefully it's not that painful for the 928. :grincry:
It won't be. It will be awesomeness in only a couple months from the time of the leak. :grin:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
This phone hasn't been officially announced in any way so Verizon technically isn't really making anyone wait. We'll just need to be patient for now

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
And they won't announce it until a week or two before launch. Trophy was announced on 5/19/2011 and launched on 5/26 (if you ignore the announcement that they made to Microsoft employees in November 2010).

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The suspense is literally killing me!

Is it knocking off years from your life the way smoking does, or is it something more urgent like stress buildup causing you to go into cardiac arrest or paralyzing your lungs or something? Either way you should probably consult a physician and try to minimize the damage before it's too late!

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I really hope something Offical comes soon..... I want to know the features and if it will have a MicroSD slot...

It should have a MicroSD. The 720 is both unibody and has a MicroSD slot. I really can't see them not adding it in, but then again phones like the HTC One still don't have one. :\

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
No, this is definitely not Trophy all over again. To have a phone leaked and have it look like it's coming within less than two months? No. With Trophy, not only did I wait the 6 or so months before it finally came to Verizon after seeing the Microsoft Employee poster leaked, I actually got to see a prototype device that one of the Microsoft Developer Evangelists had in March 2010, and was dying to get my hands on one after that. I waited more than 14 months for Trophy to finally come to Verizon, so 928 is AWESOME in my book.

I see your point Except I have been waiting for a WP8 device from Nokia on the same level or higher as the 920 since WP8 was released.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
They better really hurry for my own situation, the 920 is free right now at the MS store and ATT's network is just as good as Verizon here in OKC.

I would wait. What if some other killer feature is in the 928 and you had just gotten the 920. I know I would be pi$$ed. But wait I bet AT&T will have lots of specials to counter Verizon once the 928 comes out and in 3 or 4 months they will be getting ready for a 920 replacement.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I would wait. What if some other killer feature is in the 928 and you had just gotten the 920. I know I would be pi$$ed. But wait I bet AT&T will have lots of specials to counter Verizon once the 928 comes out and in 3 or 4 months they will be getting ready for a 920 replacement.

What other killer feature would there be, they can't make a total radical change atm until the next iteration of their flagship phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I see your point Except I have been waiting for a WP8 device from Nokia on the same level or higher as the 920 since WP8 was released.

As have all of us who were (and still are to a lesser extent) angry about the exclusivity of the 920. But we've had other WP 8 devices to satisfy our need in the mean time, and we didn't have that with Trophy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6