Can't wait anymore.

Ron Penton

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Decided I'm going to spring for the 822 after work today. Anyone want to change my mind and convince me to keep waiting for the 928?

solid1120

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I was in your shoes as well, my upgrade has been up since January and I was just thinking of getting the 822. But I decided to just wait.

Just wait a little longer!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd wait for another 2 weeks at most - i have heard april 14th announcement (somewhere on these forums) - its def coming....just a case of WHEN.
Now - does verizon offer any kind of return policy on phones if you dont like the 822?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been off contract since AUGUST. I have an upgrade to burn. My Trophy is still working like a champ, but the charging port doesn't work anymore. I am going to wait till the end of the week, and if I do't hear SOMETHING, I'm getting an iPhone. :-(

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Decided I'm going to spring for the 822 after work today. Anyone want to change my mind and convince me to keep waiting for the 928?

Several times over the past couple of weeks I almost switched to AT&T for the 920 but I'm holding out a little longer. I just hope it's worth the wait.

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been off contract since AUGUST. I have an upgrade to burn. My Trophy is still working like a champ, but the charging port doesn't work anymore. I am going to wait till the end of the week, and if I do't hear SOMETHING, I'm getting an iPhone. :-(

Really? An iPhone? Isn't that like the old saying "cutting off your nose to spite your face"? Respectfully,and as someone who works with iOS devices and the mac OS X environment every day, don't get an iPhone.
BTW, how are you off contract since August with a Trophy? Didn't that come out in May of 2011?

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I'd wait. I think most sources are agreeing that it's coming out this month. I could upgrade since January, but decided to wait to save money, and because I heard of the laser. Every month I've thought about just upgrading anyways, but it should be here soon. I'm still getting by with a glitchy and slow Kin Onem. Funny thing is if the 928 doesn't come with a microSD, I'll probably go for the 822 anyways.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd wait. I think most sources are agreeing that it's coming out this month. I could upgrade since January, but decided to wait to save money, and because I heard of the laser. Every month I've thought about just upgrading anyways, but it should be here soon. I'm still getting by with a glitchy and slow Kin Onem. Funny thing is if the 928 doesn't come with a microSD, I'll probably go for the 822 anyways.
why don't u just get the 822 off eBay for now they're running roughly $200 or so on there. I'm waiting as well I might just do that til the 928 comes

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Almost all the rumors point to a late April release so it's worth waiting. If Verizon starts delaying things then I would say go with the 822.

All Hallows Eve

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
$200 on ebay you say? I may get one to hold me over. I've never bought a phone from ebay before. Will this mess with my upgrade at all or anything? I'm on a family plan and I have unlimited data currently.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
$200 on ebay you say? I may get one to hold me over. I've never bought a phone from ebay before. Will this mess with my upgrade at all or anything? I'm on a family plan and I have unlimited data currently.

If you buy from eBay it will not affect your upgrade or anything! You would still be available for an upgrade at your usual time.

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I paid full retail at a Verizon store for my 822. The only time I regret it is when I open up Xbox Music because it massively sucks compared to Zune, but that would be the case on any WP8, so yeah I'm happy with my 822 and the fact that I still have unlimited data. If I buy a 928, I'd do the same thing, because unlimited data is worth more to me than the $200 discount I'd get on a 928.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I would just wait at this point. If its not out by the end of the month go with a 822 from eBay.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Ron Penton

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Granted a stay of execution. Went to the VZW store and they had sold out of all of their 822's over the weekend. Have to wait until the 6th for more to come in.

Intl_HTC_HD007

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Man, I can't wait anymore. I want to get the WP8 but not until T-Mobile can figure out how to get me a decently working HD7.5 replacement (that I would then switch over to 7.8). On #6 in 1 1/2 years. Still, I love the phone, and it would be great to have as a backup. I like the minimalist style. I really want the charcoal and black tiles though (I heard its not very easy compared to my bro's HD2). And the power up/power down times is way better than anything years beyond it. If I had 7.8, I bet I could get every tile on without needing to scroll. My phone's a phone. I don't need a million apps. I need my dedicated camera button. I hope the WP8 blows me away.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd wait for another 2 weeks at most - i have heard april 14th announcement (somewhere on these forums) - its def coming....just a case of WHEN.
Now - does verizon offer any kind of return policy on phones if you dont like the 822?

Verizon let's you return a phone within the first 2 weeks. After that you're stuck with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers