Can't wait anymore.

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind a lower resolution screen, the 822 is basically the same as the 8X.
I would be the same as a lower resolution 8X, if the 8X had a micro SDXC slot and a replaceable battery. :p

Oh and I'll take superior battery life over quantity of available apps any day of the week. A smartphone with a dead battery is useless no matter how many apps it's got on it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I would be the same as a lower resolution 8X, if the 8X had a micro SDXC slot and a replaceable battery. :p

Oh and I'll take superior battery life over quantity of available apps any day of the week. A smartphone with a dead battery is useless no matter how many apps it's got on it.

Minus built in wireless charging, better camera (front and rear), audio amplifier, thinner, and lighter. But yeh, other than that.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind a lower resolution screen, the 822 is better than the 8X, as it has microSD and a removable back and removable battery. But I suggest waiting for the 928.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Odd. A W8 tablet has a significantly larger app pool than iOS. I guess we are just selective in our facts.

Yea, I can play Black Ops 2 on it with a Xbox 360 controller but, you can't do that on any phone or even a iPhone, I guess it's all about what you want and are willing to pay for. As a W8 device is NOT a phone and wont fit in your pocket.

A year ago, I was in the same battle with the App thing, iOS/Android has more and better apps blah, blah, blah but, after WP8 been out for a while, I think it's almost Null here. Unless you want a certin app, there should be everything in the WP marketplace to fit your needs, even if it is a 3rd party app of a program you want. This was a old bash on WP, and by now I think it's a pretty much dead bash but, still iSheep and Fandriods use this all the time to bash WP. As there is nothing else they can really bash (some odd ball features but, most of them are there).

it is what it is.....I guess suggest dont feed the trolls when it comes to WP bashing (nothing directed at anyone in this thread)

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, is there an app in the Store that will let you pull up a USGS topo map, let you track your location on said map and then also store tracks and waypoints. Then also download your tracks as a .KML or .GPX file?
It would be helpful if the app could run in the background so as to be able to record your complete track.

Any suggestions?

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Try "Outdoor Navigation" I am pretty sure it does what you need and the interface looks pretty nice. I have been pretty amazed at the selection of quality niche apps I have found when I go searching in the WP8 store.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Try "Outdoor Navigation" I am pretty sure it does what you need and the interface looks pretty nice. I have been pretty amazed at the selection of quality niche apps I have found when I go searching in the WP8 store.

I tried that. Nice app, but it takes FOREVER to download the maps. I'm talking it would take WEEKS to download all the maps I need and if I navigated away from the the app, the download would stop. This is one of the things that I'm talking about that is frustrating with WP. It should NOT be like this.

I also tried the MSR app, but the servers that support that one are shut down (Why still have it in the Store???)

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
What is more mature about the iOS ecosystem to the Windows one? Other then non-essential apps like instagram. What does iOS have that Windows Phone doesn't? Just curious...
Better Polish , App Selection (Youtube , Gmail ,G+,Currents,Chrome anyone ? or Apple set of apps like iPhoto , garageband , iMovie which are very good along with iWork which can beautifully create docs and convert it to ppt , word etc. and lots of games and apps made by , Corporations , Banks , Companies And OS Integration with cars like Chevorlet , BMW , Audi etc. and even Siri integration is getting started and more cars will have it by end of this year) and ofc Re-sale value of iOS devices is always way higher than any other eco system devices.Not to mention so many accessories like speakers , sound systems , cases , covers , camera lenses etc.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Better Polish , App Selection (Youtube , Gmail ,G+,Currents,Chrome anyone ? or Apple set of apps like iPhoto , garageband , iMovie which are very good along with iWork which can beautifully create docs and convert it to ppt , word etc. and lots of games and apps made by , Corporations , Banks , Companies And OS Integration with cars like Chevorlet , BMW , Audi etc. and even Siri integration is getting started and more cars will have it by end of this year) and ofc Re-sale value of iOS devices is always way higher than any other eco system devices.Not to mention so many accessories like speakers , sound systems , cases , covers , camera lenses etc.
I would rather use a can and string than an iphone. Stale garbage.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Minus built in wireless charging, better camera (front and rear), audio amplifier, thinner, and lighter. But yeh, other than that.
Yup. My girlfriend broke her screen on her 822 and they replaced it with the 8x. The 8x battery isn't removable but same mah. I like the 8x better than 822, especially now that here maps is here.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well they need to put something out on the Lumia 928 soon. I beloved HTC 8x fell out of its clip yesterday and landed on the concrete sidewalk. And as my luck, it landed perfectly on the corner so that the screen could crack making the phone useless to me. Now I have to figure out what to do to replace it. Wait to see if the Lumia 928 comes out soon or get another 8x. I cant go very long without a phone.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Well they need to put something out on the Lumia 928 soon. I beloved HTC 8x fell out of its clip yesterday and landed on the concrete sidewalk. And as my luck, it landed perfectly on the corner so that the screen could crack making the phone useless to me. Now I have to figure out what to do to replace it. Wait to see if the Lumia 928 comes out soon or get another 8x. I cant go very long without a phone.

Ugh. That sucks.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I've decided to wait until the end of April. If the 928 isn't announced by then I think I will wait for the EOS on ATT. ATT has good coverage in my area but not as good as Verizon but I don't understand why Verizon and Nokia are waiting so long to announce the 928 and if the 928 is basically a 920 with the Verizon V on it, I might as well wait and get a true next generation Nokia flagship, which only ATT seems to be able to get their hands on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise