05-10-2013 12:48 PM
614 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    You do know they just shopped a 920 in the 928 case just to show it with a phone in it.
    yes :)
    But, you do realise he was referring to the case and NOT the phone ? :)
    04-26-2013 08:04 PM
    Wife got an 822 last night and I asked them about the 928. Either they are playing dumb, or really are, but they were baffled by what I was asking.

Also told us that her current Trophy didn't have a capacitive touchscreen and that you had to push the screen in to work it, which clearly is wrong. Im wondering if he was confusing the regular capacitive touchscreen with the super sensitive screen. It just shows that they are not trained well on the windows phones. They kept trying to push the Z10 or preordering a GS4.
    Sales associates don't really care about device rumors.
    04-27-2013 06:21 AM
    yes :)
    But, you do realise he was referring to the case and NOT the phone ? :)
    No he was definitely referring to the phone. He even says the phone looks like a 920. Did you even read the post?

928 case being sold on Amazon. Phone looks like a 920 (Nokia logo position on front and size of flash on back, but the flash opening is large enough for the zenon flash and has an opening for the rear speaker). http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41f73FWU1vL.jpg
    04-27-2013 10:08 AM
    What if you are all wrong and the 928 is the refresher to the 920 and available to ATT. The Verizon phone everyone is waiting for will be announced in London as a world phone and shortly after Verizon will announce that it is receiving this new "hero" phone. Wishful?
    04-27-2013 10:26 AM
    No he was definitely referring to the phone. He even says the phone looks like a 920. Did you even read the post?
    i DO read posts - and his post was ABOUT the case...read the first couple of words...
    did you read my post? :)
    keep the humor :)
    04-27-2013 10:41 AM
    What if you are all wrong and the 928 is the refresher to the 920 and available to ATT. The Verizon phone everyone is waiting for will be announced in London as a world phone and shortly after Verizon will announce that it is receiving this new "hero" phone. Wishful?
    I thought that as well. But that is wishful thinking.
    04-27-2013 12:10 PM
    i DO read posts - and his post was ABOUT the case...read the first couple of words...
    did you read my post? :)
    keep the humor :)
    Did you read after he said the case. Clearly he calls out the "Phone looks like the 920" but then goes on to speak about the case. Very unorganized so it seems to confuse me as if he is talking about the case and the phone. He makes it three sentences.
    04-27-2013 04:09 PM
    I just got to hold a 928 : windowsphone

I almost flipped out when I saw it. He said I could check it out if I didn't take any pictures or remember the serial number. Guys it is amazing!! The screen is beautiful and it is noticeably lighter than the 920. I am so glad I held out on Verizon so that I can get that phone.
    Last edited by Prodigy11; 04-28-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    04-28-2013 04:27 AM
    I just got to hold a 928 : windowsphone

I almost flipped out when I saw it. He said I could check it out if I didn't take any pictures or remember the serial number. Guys it is amazing!! The screen is beautiful and it is noticeably lighter than the 920. I am so glad I held out on Verizon so that I can get that phone.
    Interesting, so the renderings look pretty close to true. According to the threads, he didn't ask about the MicroSD card or anything else, just about the phone, it's size and weight.
    04-28-2013 11:20 AM
    I'm hearing no microSD card, but 32gb... So whichever poster said they won't buy it without microSD should move along now.
    jmajid and hopmedic like this.
    04-28-2013 01:28 PM
    I'm hearing no microSD card, but 32gb... So whichever poster said they won't buy it without microSD should move along now.
    Guess that isn't surprising - just like the 920.
    04-28-2013 01:45 PM
    Source ? Unless we have proof, it's more rumors.
    04-28-2013 02:55 PM
    :D
    obviously that poster didnt get your sarcasm :)
    04-28-2013 03:30 PM
    I hope it releases soon. The wait is making the 8X look more and more inviting for me, even though I'd rather have the benefit of Nokia's support.
    04-28-2013 04:17 PM
    I don't get why people are getting phones they don't want when the phone they want is so close.
    hopmedic and Candide yams like this.
    04-28-2013 05:25 PM
    I do not think that they will announce the 928 at the event on may 14th, due to the fact that it is 6 hours long. At least it wont be the main focus of the event. So I have two options for the announcement in my opinion.

First, is that they'll announce it on May 14th, but only as a precursor to some other big announcement. Unless the 928 is the successor to the 920 and will be available worldwide, but it seems that it is more a 920 variation specifically for Verizon. Why would they do the announcement in London if the phone is US exclusive?

Secondly, if the conference on May 14th is to showcase their next generation hardware, it would be lame for Verizon to announce the 928 after this seeing as it will look dated compared to the new devices. (This is if the announcement is the new generation of phone hardware, who knows what it could be...). So for this reason I believe that they will release the 928 within the next couple of weeks before the 14th of May. It wouldn't make sense to do it after the 14th May and unless it's the focus of the announcement.
    aximtreo likes this.
    04-28-2013 05:44 PM
    I don't get why people are getting phones they don't want when the phone they want is so close.
    People who are ridiculously impatient.
    04-28-2013 06:08 PM
    I have been wrong on this one before but I am feeling an announcement and release on May 9th. I think that all of this extra testing has thrown off the schedule and if they are going to hit the window they need it will be a May 9th release similar to the Pantech. BTW I am one of those ridiculously impatient people!
    04-28-2013 07:23 PM
    Large number of 3rd party Nokia Lumia 928 accessories show up online | WMPoweruser

More accessories leaking around the web. Getting closer no doubt.
    04-28-2013 07:25 PM
    I do not think that they will announce the 928 at the event on may 14th, due to the fact that it is 6 hours long. At least it wont be the main focus of the event. So I have two options for the announcement in my opinion.

First, is that they'll announce it on May 14th, but only as a precursor to some other big announcement. Unless the 928 is the successor to the 920 and will be available worldwide, but it seems that it is more a 920 variation specifically for Verizon. Why would they do the announcement in London if the phone is US exclusive?

Secondly, if the conference on May 14th is to showcase their next generation hardware, it would be lame for Verizon to announce the 928 after this seeing as it will look dated compared to the new devices. (This is if the announcement is the new generation of phone hardware, who knows what it could be...). So for this reason I believe that they will release the 928 within the next couple of weeks before the 14th of May. It wouldn't make sense to do it after the 14th May and unless it's the focus of the announcement.
    Its not like the new phones will have much of an improvement anyway. New build materials and maybe some other new tech but until Microsoft updates the chasis spec it doesn't really matter. Maybe Microsoft will announce some new stuff as well?
    04-28-2013 07:31 PM
    Honestabebread are you saying that we are wrong to think this is imminent? Or are you just saying that our reasoning that it will be trumped by new hardware is flawed? We are just looking for a reason to believe!
    04-28-2013 08:27 PM
    Announced on Tuesday the 30th, and released on Thursday the 2nd.

I know the pieces fit 'Cause I watched them fall away.
    04-28-2013 09:06 PM
    They should stick 64gb of memory in there if they are not including an SD card slot...
    04-28-2013 10:45 PM
    Honestabebread are you saying that we are wrong to think this is imminent? Or are you just saying that our reasoning that it will be trumped by new hardware is flawed? We are just looking for a reason to believe!
    Im just saying its a nice phone and who cares what comes out later or what might happen in the future. This is going to be a sick phone.
    jmajid and ryan.kruger like this.
    04-28-2013 11:18 PM
    It sounds like many are dismissing the possibility of the 928 being announced on May 14th simply because it's an event being held in London and that a US-only phone could only possibly be revealed at a US based event. But why couldn't they or shouldn't they announce in London along with other upcoming phones that will surely not be US-only variants. It sounds like the perfect time to put the focus on an increased variety of offerings now that the full range of Lumia products has been established (as Elop stated back at MWC) from the top of the line 920 down to the low priced but still effective 520.

Based on what we've seen from leaks so far on Laser, Catwalk, and EOS, perhaps the next focus (with the previous having been on rounding out the full 520 to 920 line-up) will be on expanding the variety of devices at each tier of the Lumia brand to better cater to differences in what consumers are looking for in their mobile devices and probably to continue to provide carriers with their own unique offerings which helps with differentiating via marketing.

If, for instance, we assume that the EOS is the Windows Phone successor to the 808 then we could also assume that it would likely have some chunkiness to it to allow for the focus on photography. That's great, but not for everyone. While many may find such a device incredibly attractive and relevant to their interests not everyone will appreciate the compromise required for the larger camera hardware and will instead opt for something that still offers a PureView experience but in a much slimmer form factor.

Personally, I won't be getting a Windows Phone created by Samsung nor HTC as I don't feel that they stand behind their products the way Nokia does with their great mapping, music, and application efforts. Just waiting for a Verizon flagship so I can finally move on from my aging iPhone 4. :O
    04-29-2013 02:03 AM
614 ... 1213141516 ...