05-10-2013 12:48 PM
614 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    They are also reporting the 928 will be released May 14th.
    Not true!
    05-02-2013 07:25 PM
    Ehh, it could be true. Isn't MS doing a developer event in London the following day? Wouldn't be surprised if it was announced simultaneously and devs got a special edition 928. Don't get excited, just add it to the pile of theories.
    05-02-2013 07:31 PM
    I'm in Canada and shouldn't even care about the 928 on Verizon, but this wait is brutal. Going way back to the "Nokia doing exciting things with Verizon" around Christmas time, this has been so painful to wait for. I really want to see the 928 be a huge hit on Verizon (give the finger to AT&T), but the thought of it being repackaged 6 month old hardware (other than the screen) is cause for concern with the "spec-based customer" market.

I really hope that Mr. Elop & Nokia will reconsider doing these painful 6-month exclusives for future flagships. I've said it many times, I would have been a day 1 buyer of the 920 if it weren't exclusive to Rogers here in Canada. At least sell unlocked flagships at full price through the Microsoft store. Nokia is limiting sales through the use of carrier exclusives. I'm gonna see what is said on the 14th, but I may just finally settle for a 520 and ride it out until the Fall 2013 "next gen" flagships.

In place of carrier exclusives, a phone could be exclusively less expensive at a specific carrier, but it should be available to every potential customer in North America no matter their carrier.
    05-02-2013 08:25 PM
    I guess it's ironic in the same way it's ironic that there are lots of Packers fans in Wisconsin.
    Maybe google (or more appropriately 'bing') 'Nexus 4 bloatware'.
    Heck, there are a lot of Packers fans in Minnesota. haha
    05-02-2013 08:30 PM
    There are so many rumors between the 928, EOS, Catwalk that these tech sites and blogs are getting all the rumors mixed together. No one is able to keep this straight.
    05-02-2013 08:51 PM
    Plenty of packer backers in Illinois too.
    05-02-2013 10:02 PM
    In case the 3.5 mil jack and the USB end up on top of the phone, this is what you are in for:

05-03-2013 01:30 AM
    In case the 3.5 mil jack and the USB end up on top of the phone, this is what you are in for:
    Wireless charging and bluetooth audio solve those problems! :D
    05-03-2013 04:56 AM

http://i.imgur.com/jCOi8cv.jpg
    No, I'll have wireless charging, and I already have bluetooth. For those like me whose cars don't have bluetooth A2DP, here's a BT receiver that I'm very happy with:
    Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices (980-000540): Electronics
    05-03-2013 06:54 AM
    "Now, our sources have hinted a very near future announcement (No dates though) followed by a stock availability by 3rd week of May. They also mention that Nokia and Verizon may send invites for a “press event” in US very soon, where Lumia 928 will be unveiled. The promotional offers, on-contract and off-contract prices have been decided and it will be very competitive on the lines of Lumia 920 on AT&T. They also mention that the $25 credit offer news posted by @evleaks is correct and many more such offers will be sponsored by Microsoft to give serious boost to Lumia 928 chances."

Via So, where exactly is Lumia 928!! Sources say imminent :). | Nokiapoweruser
    05-03-2013 07:32 AM
    Hmm, well, that source would indeed prove my theory about the 928 being global wrong, if true. No need for a London and US press event for the same phone. Gonna be an interesting 2 weeks :D
    05-03-2013 07:55 AM
    Some, but i would not say a lot :)
    05-03-2013 08:01 AM
    This phone should be called the Verizon "Sasquatch" with European and Asian Variants "Nessie" and."Yeti." It's been photographed, many people report to have seen it or have knowledge of it, and the stories associated with it get bigger and bigger...Nokia 928 for Verizon, then Instagram & Temple Run 2 being released in conjunction with this phone, then $25 App offer. Next, everyone who buys this phone will automatically be enrolled in the Windows Phone 8 Enthusiast Program with an update that will include a file explorer and ability to e-mail a PDF. On a side note, I really like my HTC Trophy, it has been very solid, but I really want to upgrade to the 928.
    Vallos, hopmedic, dakranii and 4 others like this.
    05-03-2013 09:02 AM
    My boss calls it the "Not Yet". He makes jokes because I refuse to just get a phone that is available.
    05-03-2013 10:25 AM

http://i.imgur.com/jCOi8cv.jpg
    D': I absolutely HATE that the usb is on the top! I was 95% sure I as going to buy this.. now I'm only 60%. I really can't think of a single reason why it was moved to the top.

I already have Bluetooth in my car, but I really don't want to buy ANOTHER $60 wireless charger for my car. :(
    05-03-2013 10:34 AM
    I dont see why that cant be the bottom of the phone.... You cant see the windows/back/search button. It makes a lot more sense for that to be the bottom of the device. The case that its sitting in is designed so u can only see the features they want u to see. No volume camera or power buttons are visible. im willing to bet this is the bottom we are seeing not the top.
    05-03-2013 10:58 AM
    ... didn't someone post a rumor that they might both be on top ? That's the only reason I brought it up.

To be honest is not that big of a deal.. I use the FM transmitter on mine for the most part anyway, and even when I use the 3.5 its fine.

@VN801 thanks for the link.. I look into it since my car doesn't have BT for audio stream, just voice.
    05-03-2013 11:26 AM
    ... didn't someone post a rumor that they might both be on top ? That's the only reason I brought it up.

To be honest is not that big of a deal.. I use the FM transmitter on mine for the most part anyway, and even when I use the 3.5 its fine.

@VN801 thanks for the link.. I look into it since my car doesn't have BT for audio stream, just voice.
    Would you consider upgrading your head unit? They are surprisingly cheap with Bluetooth wma/mp3 cds, aux in, and all the fancy stuff! (unless of course you prefer your oem unit)
    05-03-2013 11:35 AM
    I dont see why that cant be the bottom of the phone.... You cant see the windows/back/search button. It makes a lot more sense for that to be the bottom of the device. The case that its sitting in is designed so u can only see the features they want u to see. No volume camera or power buttons are visible. im willing to bet this is the bottom we are seeing not the top.
    If you zoom in on the picture it's relatively clear (to me at least) that the start, back and search buttons are on the opposite side of the phone
    05-03-2013 11:50 AM
    Idk, I can see the Windows Button...

aviary-photo_130120733884143272.png
    05-03-2013 11:51 AM

I have this Logitech Bluetooth Receiver in my car. It is made for the house, so I replaced the power cable with one that I had lying around with a 12v plug, but it works great. I have to re-connect it manually each time I get in the car, but that's not a big deal since I put an NFC sticker in the car, and programmed it to open the BT settings. The streaming works great. Better, in fact, than it does to the BT soundbar on my fireplace mantle at home.
    05-03-2013 12:15 PM
    Also check out the GOgroove FlexSMART X2 for bt in car. It has a good Fm transmitter and also supports audio in and out and has built in USB port for charging your phone.
    05-03-2013 12:43 PM
    Nokia Lumia 928 Spotted at Private Nokia Concert

All the commentary about this event has been about the video capabilities, but from the reports elsewhere with the specs of the mic suggest it will have distortion free recording up to 140db it seems this staged event will probably be showing off the low-light video [I]and[I] audio capabilities.

I am coming from android and was already looking forward to this phone. If they have made the ultimate concert device that is even better. I'm not as familiar if the 920 has same tech in mic department if anyone can clarify. I read that the HTC One had some awesome mic technology they got from Nokia but now they have lost a court case and can only use the stock they have for the mic and will have to install a lesser mic once that runs out.
    05-03-2013 01:03 PM
    What interests me about the Nokia concert is that it appears like they probably are shooting a promo video for the phone.
    05-03-2013 03:33 PM
    USB is 100% on top of the phone. In-between a sim-card tray and a mic.

05-03-2013 03:47 PM
614 ... 1718192021 ...