Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

icyrock1

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't get the want for aluminum. Most people put there phones in plastic cases, anyway (at least, most people I know). It's not like your going to feel it all the time. Plus, this is what happened to the HTC One's aluminum body (@2:08, @3:49, @5:15, and if you drop it on it's face see @6:21).

Plastic is fine. I think the reason people have a problem with it is because samsung makes it feel cheap (see the "sparkling" effect they tried to add to the S4, it just seems like a cheap version of the back of the Nexus 4 IMO).

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
lol I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's exactly what everyone is doing in the comments for the leaked image article!
For sure. If the phone styles were flipped they would of said it's too chunky, heavy, ect.... lol. Jealousy is a weak emotion and it seems to be everywhere on the internet. People feel they have tu justify their purchase and what not. The 920 is an awesome phone, but the 928 is clearly better.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I like it and will be getting this phone

I still say, SO FAR, it looks almost like a HTC 8x...Hmmm... Still waiting on the specs, If it's got a MicroSDXC slot, I will get it. If not, I will be waiting for 8.5/9 devices. It looks nice so far but, like my HTC 8X I worry about being out of space. I am always deleting stuff to add new stuff on my 8X...(that is for sale)

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Lol. The phone is ugly. My opinion. Saying a phone is ugly doesn't make my comments an ugly comment or inappropriate. You claim opinions are subjective, but then want anyone making a negative one to shut up? Double standard much? Do you know what the word subjective means?

It's just some people are so obsessed with their phones and their brand loyalty, any sort of negativity or criticism is seen as a threat. Making up lame assumptions and generalizations, like critics are just jealous 920 owners, is really juvenile.

I love the high moral ground some people are claiming.

No I don't and yes I do.

First, I'm not like that. I've never even owned a nokia or windows phone. I'm open to constructive criticism.
Most of the comments I see on phones being ugly (not just the lumia 928, or nokia phones, but all phones) are pretty useless and really doesn't do anything to add to a discussion. I think it's rather superficial and dumb when you see comments like "that's so ugly. not buying," which are pretty common.

Thanks for judging my character based on one forum post, insinuating that I believe I'm on a higher moral ground and my intelligence. I appreciate it.

*By "ugly comments," I don't mean ugly or inappropriate. I mean comments just stating they're ugly.

Last edited:

icyrock1

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
As far as specs go, we're expecting the phone to have the same 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 32GB of storage, and 1GB of RAM as the 920. However, it should be a little thinner — , at 10.2 millimeters compared to the 920's 10.7, and should feel lighter, as well. It should also ditch the 920's LCD display for a 4.5-inch OLED one, and support simultaneous voice and data over LTE. While Nokia CEO Steven Elop might not have wanted to answer questions about the phone on Finnish TV last month, electing to throw the host's iPhone across the room instead, we should have answers soon — we're expecting the Lumia 928 to be released later this month.

Update: The Verge can confirm that the image is in fact genuine. We understand that Verizon is still planning to unveil the handset this month, but that the company will not be using an aluminum frame for this particular device as originally reported. Nokia is said to be using a thinner polycarbonate on the Lumia 928, reserving its aluminum frames for future Lumia devices including the EOS and Catwalk. The Lumia 928 will be slightly thinner than the Lumia 920, measuring 10.2mm at its thinnest point and 11.2mm at its thickest with a slightly curved back. The Lumia 928 also sports a 4.5-inch OLED display and support for simultaneous voice and LTE (SVLTE).
Nokia Lumia 928 for Verizon pictured in leaked image | The Verge
Question: does anyone know how OLED's stack up against LCD's in color accuracy, Contrast ratio, and black levels?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Lol. The phone is ugly. My opinion. Saying a phone is ugly doesn't make my comments an ugly comment or inappropriate. You claim opinions are subjective, but then want anyone making a negative one to shut up? Double standard much? Do you know what the word subjective means?

It's just some people are so obsessed with their phones and their brand loyalty, any sort of negativity or criticism is seen as a threat. Making up lame assumptions and generalizations, like critics are just jealous 920 owners, is really juvenile.

I love the high moral ground some people are claiming.

The funny part of all this is, This image is quoted as being a "markup" and is very much subject to change before release. I'm sure it will be close but, might not be exact...

And everyone is giving an opinion of being a final product...

richard_rsp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yay! Now for a release date.... I tried a HTC 8x before returning it for an iPhone 5... I loved it, but battery life was a deal killer. Trying a Blackberry Z10 now and hoping this is released before my 30 Day return policy is up. If so, the BB might be going back. :)

originaldobo

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm using a 8X and the battery life is less than stellar. I like the OS and like to see it through but...... If the phone can't make it 12 hours than what's the good

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Wait, the girl-in-the-amusement-park-with-a-white-928 images we saw a couple of weeks back showed a phone with a camera on the top left (mirrored) corner.

These images have it back in the center.

So what was that all about?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm using a 8X and the battery life is less than stellar. I like the OS and like to see it through but...... If the phone can't make it 12 hours than what's the good

My 8X was at 65% after 15 hours yesterday. Took it off the charge at 8AM, laid it on the pad at 11PM. Weather Flow syncing every hour, WPCentral, Weave and Engadget all syncing at whatever stock interval, Gmail and Hotmail set to push.

Anyway, I really want this phone. I wanted a Nokia but I really hate the 822 and I think the 920/900 are huge and ugly. This appears to be a slightly bigger, high end version of the 720, which is fine with me.
EDIT: Just did an image search for the 720. The back contour looks exactly the same. Stoked for this!

Hopefully VZW launches the Nokia Qi car charger at the same time.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Wait, the girl-in-the-amusement-park-with-a-white-928 images we saw a couple of weeks back showed a phone with a camera on the top left (mirrored) corner.

These images have it back in the center.

So what was that all about?

3 options:
1) fake
2) different exterior in order to keep final design secret whilst allowing public testing
3) not the 928

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

You really have something funky going on there. My 8X went about 18 hours yesterday, push mail all day on 2 accounts and a few apps running in the background. Moderate usage during the day, a few calls and a few quick games, When I put it on the charger, I still had almost 55% left...

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Nokia wouldn't place the speakers at the rear and no nokia branding near the camera and the camera is lifted up a little higher, cant be true..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05