Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have an 8x and it's maddening. not sure if you're aware, but if you sign up to Verizon Messages through My Verizon online, you can then manage groups that way. and when you know you've received a group sms, you can launch internet explorer on your phone and go to the Verizon Messages website and participate that way. It's not seamless at all, but it is a workaround...

I have found the "Rooms" option built into Windows Phone to be the best group chat/sharing option. This is not advertised well enough, it is a really powerful feature.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I hate group text. My wife has a friend who is a technotard, who feels he needs to group text jokes to all his friends, who don't know each other, and it's not surprising to get texts from strangers late into the night because they all reply to all rather than replying to the technotard. I guess they'd be technotards as well.......

unfortunately, there is no way to "opt out" of a group sms chat, which can be extremely annoying as well. but you're going to receive the text regardless, at least let it populate into a chat so you know what's going on and can respond to the ones you need to respond to. but I do agree they can be very annoying, and there's no way of leaving a chat, which is a serious flaw

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I have found the "Rooms" option built into Windows Phone to be the best group chat/sharing option. This is not advertised well enough, it is a really powerful feature.

yeah but the other people need to join the group chat and log in with a windows live id via their browser.. so basically, good luck getting them to do that
my parents couldnt even get my sisters to join their room. they thought my mom's phone was hacked and they were being spammed

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I would personally rather have 10 threads but that is irrelevant. This is clearly a feature that people want and one that they have already had on wp7 devices. It should be there so that those who want it can turn it on and the rest of us can turn it off.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think he actually said that he expects Cyan versions of both should be released at the same time as all the other 928s, but he said if that isn't the case the Cyan 928 and Cyan 822 would probably both release around Mother's Day because there's going to be some kind of blue motorola for Mother's Day. The thing is Mother's day is less than a month away so I can't see a reason they'd release this seperately for the holiday other than that it's the 928 we're talking about and forcing people to wait longer and longer to build anticipation seems to be Verizon's favorite marketing method for this device.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Or it could be Verizon is holding it so Nokia can have adequate levels of inventory at launch. I'm sure they don't want another 8X or 920(AT&T) launch were each store only had 2-3 devices to sell, especially if they are going to market it heavily. I'd rather wait to inventory, then release it then have none to sell...

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Will you be using the 928 when it comes out Honestabebread or are you sticking with the 8X?

I can upgrade in July and will be getting it unless somehow the Z10 gets all of the apps I want.

Best case scenario, I get a Z10 as my concession phone and then I can have the 928 as a personal.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Honest Abe, you seem to be saying that if not for the apps, you would go with a BB? What makes. It so compelling for you?

I just like how it functions and the phone is built well. Just minor stuff because I have this need to own every phone that comes out and I have always been a big BlackBerry fan. The app situation is pretty awful. Out of the 35 apps I have on my 8X, the Z10 had THREE of them (Facebook, Twitter, Flixster) and they only had like 2 star ratings. The 50,000 app gap must be every single app I need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12