Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to decide if I would pull the trigger on a black or white 928 if they don't offer red on day 1. Very tough choice. Need to move to Verizon and upgrade my phone but DAMN that Red looks sweet.

Not as worried about the color as much as "BMC77" said it has "32gb and expandable memory."

Crossing my finger this is true, as it would be epic.... Just think...96gb of space on a phone (can a modern phone take a 128gb MicroSDXC card ?)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Guys. I am so excited for you. I don't mind leaking rumors and stuff but I signed my NDA for the 928 a week ago. I love you guys but Verizon has been very good to me so I gotta respect that.

This phone is the **** though.

How long before you will be allowed to talk about the phone? :wink:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
How long before you will be allowed to talk about the phone? :wink:

I would bet after release or public annoucement (I've been under a ton of NDA's before) and by then all the info would be public....

I am trying to decide if I would pull the trigger on a black or white 928 if they don't offer red on day 1. Very tough choice. Need to move to Verizon and upgrade my phone but DAMN that Red looks sweet.

I'm leaning towards a white one myself but, the red does look sweet.... I wont get it day one, maybe a few days to a week later.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would bet after release or public annoucement (I've been under a ton of NDA's before) and by then all the info would be public....

Ummm...... Yeah. I know that. I've been under NDA, as well - and with Windows Phone. The question was more one of "when" will he be able to discuss the phone? As in a date. A round-about way of asking when it will launch.....

Never mind.....

*facepalm*

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys. I am so excited for you. I don't mind leaking rumors and stuff but I signed my NDA for the 928 a week ago. I love you guys but Verizon has been very good to me so I gotta respect that.

This phone is the **** though.

this is killing me.. i just ordered the 822 because i cant wait any longer.. i hope it is released within 14 days of 4/24, otherwise i am f'd

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I wonder when cases will be available. I know a lot of people say you don't need them, but I am paranoid. I want a case and a screen protector. Might mean I have to wait a little longer to get the phone.

flubbo

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I post on another forum but I keep tabs on this sub forum because I was told there were "Verizon Insiders" that knew of devices that might be coming out for Verizon. After keeping tabs here for about the last 5 months I really have call BS on most of the things these "insiders" talk about. These guys are just stringing along the rest of the posters here with their fake rumors and most of the guys here keep falling for it.

Remember back last year when the 920 came out? One of the alleged insiders here said that a Nokia Lumia 922 was about to come out for Verizon. According to his knowledge it was supposed to have a quad core processor and more beefy camera. First it was supposed to be announced around Black Friday, then around Christmas, then after new years.... until it never came out and that guy stopped posting as much for a while. Funny how the 922 never existed but these "insiders" were so sure of it.

Then none of them mentioned anything about the 822 until real insiders leaked the information on other websites.

None of the "insiders" here mentioned anything about the 928 until Verge and other sites started talking about rumors of the Catwalk and EOS. If you go back and read old threads after those rumors came out you will see these "insiders" talking about the catwalk coming out for Verizon. It turns out that the Catwalk and 928 are different devices. Just taking wild guesses again.

They also said that the 928 would have an aluminum unibody... false again. Once evleaks showed off a white 928 then the "insider" started talking about how the 928 would have different colors. They also kept saying that the new Verizon phone would be an upgrade to the 920 (better camera, better screen, gpu, etc) but the specs were leaked and now they are saying that it was a 920 redesign all along.

If you don't believe me go back and read their false rumors and you will see that most of them never come true and they always say things like, "well this MAY be included" or "it MIGHT have this feature"... Well duh, a phone coming out 6 months after another phone has better specs than the old one. Who would have thought that would happen? Way to go out on a limb "insiders". Truth is if you pay attention to their lies you will see that they don't have inside knowledge but instead they are just faking it and taking wild guesses. Real insiders give real info and don't play guessing games. I haven't seen a single thing from them that they announced before everyone else that turned out to be true. Don't fall for the BS.

Now that posters are asking the "insider" for info on an SD card he hides behind the good old NDA argument. If you were worried about your job you would not have told people you had inside information in the first place. Face it this guy has no clue on whether or not the phone has an sd card slot and he just used the NDA excuse to cover his **** in case he turns out to be wrong.

Don't believe everything you read online. This guy might work for Verizon but I doubt he has any real information. It is actually quite fun to read old threads to see how many times these guys mentioned "hearing things" that turned out to be wrong or never happened. They make up so much that they often contradict themselves too.

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
@flubbo

You don't need to be so condescending, but I do agree that there are some few people who believe internet sources without doing some more checking out. I'm sure it's partly due to excitement/nervousness though.

ON another note, I think it is pretty easy to tell which rumours were more likely/less likely. For example, I didn't believe in the aluminum body rumor (which only SOME news sources, mostly small 3rd party new sources, reported). It was pretty obvious people were getting the laser/928 and catwalk mixed up. I'm not really sure where you're going with your post. Like you said, they're rumors. Nobody ever claimed anything.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Flubbo, you mad bro?

There is at least one person on here who has inside info, and he has hinted stuff along the way, but is under an NDA now, so no more talking until we hit the official announcement.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I hate to break it to you man but things change all the time in this industry. I know some things MacPhisto posted have not come to pass but he has never claimed to represent 100% information, just some interesting speculation from his friend in the company.

I have a pretty good track record though. I told everyone about the Share Everything plans a while before they went public or even leaked. I also talked about the 8X well before anyone even knew what Wp8 would entail.

All of this said. I have been wrong a few times but I just kind of report what I hear

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Verizon was set to get a Lumia-900 type device January 2012, but backed out REALLY last minute because it was not LTE. I believe it was called Phi, and I heard about it late 2011. I waited patiently for it, and then heard that holiday season that it was cancelled.

As honestabebread said, things change in this industry a lot. I used to do comms in this industry, so I can speak to that.

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon was set to get a Lumia-900 type device January 2012, but backed out REALLY last minute because it was not LTE. I believe it was called Phi, and I heard about it late 2011. I waited patiently for it, and then heard that holiday season that it was cancelled.

As honestabebread said, things change in this industry a lot. I used to do comms in this industry, so I can speak to that.

Such crap logic too! Did they say no to the iPhone?....

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Looks like it might be May after all gentlemen :(

.Nokia Is Said to Strike Deal With Verizon for New Smartphone
By Adam Ewing & Scott Moritz - Apr 23, 2013 7:10 AM ET
.Nokia Is Said to Strike Deal With Verizon for New Smartphone
By Adam Ewing & Scott Moritz - Apr 23, 2013 7:10 AM ET ..Facebook Share LinkedIn Google +1 0 Comments
Print QUEUEQ..
Nokia Oyj (NOK1V), the Finnish mobile-phone maker trying to win back users from Apple Inc. (AAPL) and Samsung Electronics Co., struck a deal to get Verizon Wireless (VZ) to sell its new smartphone, said two people familiar with the plan.
The largest U.S. wireless carrier is set to unveil a plan next month to offer Nokia’s Lumia 928, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the deal hasn’t been made public. The phone has a metal body, 4.5-inch touch screen, 8- megapixel camera and wireless charging, said one of the people. It runs on Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)’s Windows software like other Lumias.
The device marks the first time a high-end Lumia will be sold by Basking Ridge, New Jersey-based Verizon Wireless, which has about 100 million customers. Nokia, based in Espoo, Finland, has struggled to turn around its plunging smartphone market share in the U.S. since it peaked in 2001. \
Nokia shares gained as much as 2 percent, erasing earlier losses, and were little changed at 2.39 euros at 2:08 p.m. in Helsinki. They have tumbled 19 percent this year, headed for the sixth straight annual drop.
James Etheridge, a Nokia spokesman, and Brenda Raney, a Verizon Wireless spokeswoman, declined to comment.
Microsoft Bet
Phone shipments to North America fell 33 percent to 400,000 devices in the first quarter, Nokia said April 18. AT&T Inc. (T), the No. 2 U.S. wireless carrier, added Nokia’s flagship Lumia 920 to its portfolio last year and sells it for $99.99 with a 2- year plan, and Verizon Wireless currently offers the Lumia 822.
Lumia sales globally rose to 5.6 million units from 4.4 million in the fourth quarter as Nokia added versions, and the company predicted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99