Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I do not think that they will announce the 928 at the event on may 14th, due to the fact that it is 6 hours long. At least it wont be the main focus of the event. So I have two options for the announcement in my opinion.

First, is that they'll announce it on May 14th, but only as a precursor to some other big announcement. Unless the 928 is the successor to the 920 and will be available worldwide, but it seems that it is more a 920 variation specifically for Verizon. Why would they do the announcement in London if the phone is US exclusive?

Secondly, if the conference on May 14th is to showcase their next generation hardware, it would be lame for Verizon to announce the 928 after this seeing as it will look dated compared to the new devices. (This is if the announcement is the new generation of phone hardware, who knows what it could be...). So for this reason I believe that they will release the 928 within the next couple of weeks before the 14th of May. It wouldn't make sense to do it after the 14th May and unless it's the focus of the announcement.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been wrong on this one before but I am feeling an announcement and release on May 9th. I think that all of this extra testing has thrown off the schedule and if they are going to hit the window they need it will be a May 9th release similar to the Pantech. BTW I am one of those ridiculously impatient people!

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I do not think that they will announce the 928 at the event on may 14th, due to the fact that it is 6 hours long. At least it wont be the main focus of the event. So I have two options for the announcement in my opinion.

First, is that they'll announce it on May 14th, but only as a precursor to some other big announcement. Unless the 928 is the successor to the 920 and will be available worldwide, but it seems that it is more a 920 variation specifically for Verizon. Why would they do the announcement in London if the phone is US exclusive?

Secondly, if the conference on May 14th is to showcase their next generation hardware, it would be lame for Verizon to announce the 928 after this seeing as it will look dated compared to the new devices. (This is if the announcement is the new generation of phone hardware, who knows what it could be...). So for this reason I believe that they will release the 928 within the next couple of weeks before the 14th of May. It wouldn't make sense to do it after the 14th May and unless it's the focus of the announcement.

Its not like the new phones will have much of an improvement anyway. New build materials and maybe some other new tech but until Microsoft updates the chasis spec it doesn't really matter. Maybe Microsoft will announce some new stuff as well?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestabebread are you saying that we are wrong to think this is imminent? Or are you just saying that our reasoning that it will be trumped by new hardware is flawed? We are just looking for a reason to believe!

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Honestabebread are you saying that we are wrong to think this is imminent? Or are you just saying that our reasoning that it will be trumped by new hardware is flawed? We are just looking for a reason to believe!
Im just saying its a nice phone and who cares what comes out later or what might happen in the future. This is going to be a sick phone.

cmwys

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like many are dismissing the possibility of the 928 being announced on May 14th simply because it's an event being held in London and that a US-only phone could only possibly be revealed at a US based event. But why couldn't they or shouldn't they announce in London along with other upcoming phones that will surely not be US-only variants. It sounds like the perfect time to put the focus on an increased variety of offerings now that the full range of Lumia products has been established (as Elop stated back at MWC) from the top of the line 920 down to the low priced but still effective 520.

Based on what we've seen from leaks so far on Laser, Catwalk, and EOS, perhaps the next focus (with the previous having been on rounding out the full 520 to 920 line-up) will be on expanding the variety of devices at each tier of the Lumia brand to better cater to differences in what consumers are looking for in their mobile devices and probably to continue to provide carriers with their own unique offerings which helps with differentiating via marketing.

If, for instance, we assume that the EOS is the Windows Phone successor to the 808 then we could also assume that it would likely have some chunkiness to it to allow for the focus on photography. That's great, but not for everyone. While many may find such a device incredibly attractive and relevant to their interests not everyone will appreciate the compromise required for the larger camera hardware and will instead opt for something that still offers a PureView experience but in a much slimmer form factor.

Personally, I won't be getting a Windows Phone created by Samsung nor HTC as I don't feel that they stand behind their products the way Nokia does with their great mapping, music, and application efforts. Just waiting for a Verizon flagship so I can finally move on from my aging iPhone 4. :O

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Has everyone read the twitter person's account of spotting the 928 in the wild?? Not sure if others caught this, but he stated the screen went all the way to the edges... Unless he meant the glass goes all the way to the edges, the interface clearly does not.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Has everyone read the twitter person's account of spotting the 928 in the wild?? Not sure if others caught this, but he stated the screen went all the way to the edges... Unless he meant the glass goes all the way to the edges, the interface clearly does not.

yes, he posted on redditt, and supposedly works for verizon...
I think since the sides of the 928 are flat and not like the 920, the screen may give the impression of going to the edges...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea. I saw it too. Too bad he didn't ask any questions like memory, card slot, etc. He just looked at the phone and it's weight and size....

Prodigy11

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The other guy that was spreading information regarding the 928 today (at Reddit also) said that there will be 32GB but no SD-card... But then again, it may be just a troll.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

At this point, until I see something official from Verizon, I'm pretty much just going to ignore anything related to a date or features and not waste any other time on conjecture and rumor mills. A random tweet from some guy isn't helping any.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
MobileVortex said:
Announced on Tuesday the 30th, and released on Thursday the 2nd.

This would make the most strategic and business sense. The longer the phone is delayed the less they will sell of it with GS4 looming, not to mention EOS and Catwalk. They need to get the 928 out and market it ASAP. If it is not available for purchase in stores by May 9 latest it will be a missed opportunity.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
At this point, until I see something official from Verizon, I'm pretty much just going to ignore anything related to a date or features and not waste any other time on conjecture and rumor mills. A random tweet from some guy isn't helping any.

personally I will continue to read every rumor on the se boards obsessively! I have already admitted to my impatience and the days without rumors or speculation are unbearable. Until this baby is released the rumors are all I've got!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
personally I will continue to read every rumor on the se boards obsessively! I have already admitted to my impatience and the days without rumors or speculation are unbearable. Until this baby is released the rumors are all I've got!

Right there with ya!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo