Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't AT&T have exclusivity to the 820 as well and we had the 810 and the 822 at almost if not exactly the same time. There's about as much difference between those devices and what we know about the 928. Different bodies maybe some memory differences and removable casings. The guts are very similar. So why is it that similar guts would hold back the 928.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Why risk it and it isn't completely different.
But how different does it have to be in order to not violate the terms and conditions of the contract? None of us knows....

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't AT&T have exclusivity to the 820 as well and we had the 810 and the 822 at almost if not exactly the same time. There's about as much difference between those devices and what we know about the 928. Different bodies maybe some memory differences and removable casings. The guts are very similar. So why is it that similar guts would hold back the 928.
Actually, ATT did not have exclusivity. Initially the tech press reported it so, but that turned out not to be true.

stwall

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
It will be weird when this finally releases. I won't be able to kill so much time trawling the boards and the Internet for release information.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
It will be weird when this finally releases. I won't be able to kill so much time trawling the boards and the Internet for release information.

Don't worry, people will debate the quality of the pics it takes and for all the wait they could be better pics. ;-) :p

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Honestly it is kind of ironic though that you talk about bloatware and then buy an Android, whose phones traditionally have 10x the bloatware of Windows Phones, as well as tons of viruses and spyware.

That is not to denigrate your preference, just a bit of irony in the wording of it.

I guess it's ironic in the same way it's ironic that there are lots of Packers fans in Wisconsin.
Maybe google (or more appropriately 'bing') 'Nexus 4 bloatware'.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ehh, it could be true. Isn't MS doing a developer event in London the following day? Wouldn't be surprised if it was announced simultaneously and devs got a special edition 928. Don't get excited, just add it to the pile of theories.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Canada and shouldn't even care about the 928 on Verizon, but this wait is brutal. Going way back to the "Nokia doing exciting things with Verizon" around Christmas time, this has been so painful to wait for. I really want to see the 928 be a huge hit on Verizon (give the finger to AT&T), but the thought of it being repackaged 6 month old hardware (other than the screen) is cause for concern with the "spec-based customer" market.

I really hope that Mr. Elop & Nokia will reconsider doing these painful 6-month exclusives for future flagships. I've said it many times, I would have been a day 1 buyer of the 920 if it weren't exclusive to Rogers here in Canada. At least sell unlocked flagships at full price through the Microsoft store. Nokia is limiting sales through the use of carrier exclusives. I'm gonna see what is said on the 14th, but I may just finally settle for a 520 and ride it out until the Fall 2013 "next gen" flagships.

In place of carrier exclusives, a phone could be exclusively less expensive at a specific carrier, but it should be available to every potential customer in North America no matter their carrier.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
There are so many rumors between the 928, EOS, Catwalk that these tech sites and blogs are getting all the rumors mixed together. No one is able to keep this straight.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
In case the 3.5 mil jack and the USB end up on top of the phone, this is what you are in for:

jCOi8cv.jpg

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

VN801

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
"Now, our sources have hinted a very near future announcement (No dates though) followed by a stock availability by 3rd week of May. They also mention that Nokia and Verizon may send invites for a “press event” in US very soon, where Lumia 928 will be unveiled. The promotional offers, on-contract and off-contract prices have been decided and it will be very competitive on the lines of Lumia 920 on AT&T. They also mention that the $25 credit offer news posted by @evleaks is correct and many more such offers will be sponsored by Microsoft to give serious boost to Lumia 928 chances."

Via So, where exactly is Lumia 928!! Sources say imminent :). | Nokiapoweruser

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb