Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, well, that source would indeed prove my theory about the 928 being global wrong, if true. No need for a London and US press event for the same phone. Gonna be an interesting 2 weeks :D

hepi

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
This phone should be called the Verizon "Sasquatch" with European and Asian Variants "Nessie" and."Yeti." It's been photographed, many people report to have seen it or have knowledge of it, and the stories associated with it get bigger and bigger...Nokia 928 for Verizon, then Instagram & Temple Run 2 being released in conjunction with this phone, then $25 App offer. Next, everyone who buys this phone will automatically be enrolled in the Windows Phone 8 Enthusiast Program with an update that will include a file explorer and ability to e-mail a PDF. On a side note, I really like my HTC Trophy, it has been very solid, but I really want to upgrade to the 928.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
In case the 3.5 mil jack and the USB end up on top of the phone, this is what you are in for:

http://i.imgur.com/jCOi8cv.jpg

D': I absolutely HATE that the usb is on the top! I was 95% sure I as going to buy this.. now I'm only 60%. I really can't think of a single reason why it was moved to the top.

I already have Bluetooth in my car, but I really don't want to buy ANOTHER $60 wireless charger for my car. :(

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I dont see why that cant be the bottom of the phone.... You cant see the windows/back/search button. It makes a lot more sense for that to be the bottom of the device. The case that its sitting in is designed so u can only see the features they want u to see. No volume camera or power buttons are visible. im willing to bet this is the bottom we are seeing not the top.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
... didn't someone post a rumor that they might both be on top ? That's the only reason I brought it up.

To be honest is not that big of a deal.. I use the FM transmitter on mine for the most part anyway, and even when I use the 3.5 its fine.

@VN801 thanks for the link.. I look into it since my car doesn't have BT for audio stream, just voice.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
... didn't someone post a rumor that they might both be on top ? That's the only reason I brought it up.

To be honest is not that big of a deal.. I use the FM transmitter on mine for the most part anyway, and even when I use the 3.5 its fine.

@VN801 thanks for the link.. I look into it since my car doesn't have BT for audio stream, just voice.

Would you consider upgrading your head unit? They are surprisingly cheap with Bluetooth wma/mp3 cds, aux in, and all the fancy stuff! (unless of course you prefer your oem unit)

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I dont see why that cant be the bottom of the phone.... You cant see the windows/back/search button. It makes a lot more sense for that to be the bottom of the device. The case that its sitting in is designed so u can only see the features they want u to see. No volume camera or power buttons are visible. im willing to bet this is the bottom we are seeing not the top.

If you zoom in on the picture it's relatively clear (to me at least) that the start, back and search buttons are on the opposite side of the phone

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Idk, I can see the Windows Button...

Aviary Photo_130120733884143272.png

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I have this Logitech Bluetooth Receiver in my car. It is made for the house, so I replaced the power cable with one that I had lying around with a 12v plug, but it works great. I have to re-connect it manually each time I get in the car, but that's not a big deal since I put an NFC sticker in the car, and programmed it to open the BT settings. The streaming works great. Better, in fact, than it does to the BT soundbar on my fireplace mantle at home.

devspeed

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Also check out the GOgroove FlexSMART X2 for bt in car. It has a good Fm transmitter and also supports audio in and out and has built in USB port for charging your phone.

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 928 Spotted at Private Nokia Concert

All the commentary about this event has been about the video capabilities, but from the reports elsewhere with the specs of the mic suggest it will have distortion free recording up to 140db it seems this staged event will probably be showing off the low-light video and audio capabilities.

I am coming from android and was already looking forward to this phone. If they have made the ultimate concert device that is even better. I'm not as familiar if the 920 has same tech in mic department if anyone can clarify. I read that the HTC One had some awesome mic technology they got from Nokia but now they have lost a court case and can only use the stock they have for the mic and will have to install a lesser mic once that runs out.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
USB is 100% on top of the phone. In-between a sim-card tray and a mic.

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
From someone with an aging DroidX who's due for an upgrade, who thought maybe it'd be worth looking into a Windows phone and subsequently finding this site online, I say this: DAMN YOU WP Central and all of you WP enthusiasts and Verizon employees who've been posting on these forums on the various threads about the 928 releasing in mid-april/late-april/early-may/mid-may, with announcements due any second, for convincing me this is the phone I MUST HAVE and leaving me in this limbo state of waiting and waiting while I am forced to muster every bit of willpower I have--several times a day--not to throw my DroidX out the window or take a sledgehammer to it.

May you all lose your lumias and have to replace them with low-end Android phones!

:smile:

All kidding aside, I do believe Nokia and Verizon are missing out on a golden opportunity here to earn yet more loyalty and appreciation from those who have been championing their products and platform. There is simply no way they are not aware of the many people who are waiting with baited breath for any official word on when these are coming.

It would seem such a simple, easy thing to just throw them a bone. It doesn't even need to be an official announcement of release date. How bout just an acknowledgment of it's existence, maybe an explanation that things are taking longer than expected to finalize everything and small plea for a bit more patience.

Wouldn't that go a loooooooong way in most of your eyes and foster some goodwill?

As it is, I've seen a lot of really fed up folks who are truly annoyed at this stonewall and posted their thoughts here, or given up hope and purchased a different phone already.

Far be it from me to tell them how to do their jobs, but It seems to me that a very small token of goodwill on the part of Nokia/Verizon would have paid some great dividends in customer patience and appreciation right about now.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
i dont get how a billboard can be up for a phone verizon hasn't confirmed even officially exists yet. but if the ad is real, yea, i was wondering the same where he got may 7th date.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
i dont get how a billboard can be up for a phone verizon hasn't confirmed even officially exists yet. but if the ad is real, yea, i was wondering the same where he got may 7th date.

I was going to say that non Windows users may call Verizon asking about it and if they deny it, it could come across as an unstable platform, unless they officially announce it today...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077