Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i saw the "actual nokia..." text below the image too. by that do they mean the image on the screen of the phone was actually taken by the lumia 928's camera? or do they mean the product images you see are of the actual lumia 928 and not renders?

well, they mean the photo shown on the phone was taken by a Lumia 928.
Usually you will see some text somewhere in an ad that says that photos were simulated etc... keep an eye out - you'll see the text in both static ads and video ads...all companies usually say this - unusual for Nokia to say it was actually taken by the 928 though...

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
well, they mean the photo shown on the phone was taken by a Lumia 928.
Usually you will see some text somewhere in an ad that says that photos were simulated etc... keep an eye out - you'll see the text in both static ads and video ads...all companies usually say this - unusual for Nokia to say it was actually taken by the 928 though...

It wasn't. The photo was taken with the 808. The person who took the photo chimed in and confirmed the photo was taken with his 808 zoomed in a bit.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't. The photo was taken with the 808. The person who took the photo chimed in and confirmed the photo was taken with his 808 zoomed in a bit.

I think he meant that the photo that is on the screen of the Lumia 928 shown in the billboard was actually taken by a Lumia 928. The picture of the billboard itself was taken by an 808, yes.

Last edited:

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Blackberries are famous for reboots and freezes, and the new devices are not any different than the old ones. You would of thought that would have been BB's main focus with 10.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The blog doesn't say that May 7th is a Blackberry launch event. The blog is her review of the Z10, but the last paragraph just states that she is attending a Verizon launch event on May 7th. What it doesn't state is what the event is for. I am hoping that it is for the 928, because it is getting difficult without a working phone, but unfortunately the event could be for anything. Could be for the 928, Blackberry Q10, or the multitude of different Android phones that get released by the day. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The other thing to look at is RIM, or whatever they call themselves these days, is holding Blackberry Live in Orlando May 14th - 16th. I am not familiar with this event, that evidently is held every year. But why would Verizon and RIM announce the Q10 on May 7th in New York, when in a week they have a 3 day event in Orlando. I obviously could be way off, but if Verizon was jumping on the Q10 then I would expect RIM to want to promote it at their event in Orlando.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The phone looks great. From the little we can see of the back it has either an aluminum or grey look to it. I was thinking that this could be the catwalk version but... That's the same pic in the Vogue ad which has Verizon branding on it.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Why doesn't it show the Verizon logo? Not that I won't the logo, but the Lumia 928 is exclusive to Verizon, right?
lumia928vanityfaire620wm_620x340.jpg

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
If this billboard slipped out, expect to see print ads in magazines. Magazines print 2-3 weeks before they hit mailboxes. If a billboard went up, I imagine we'll see other print ads Imminently.

this is all contingent on Microsoft buying magazine media.

REP this man... BINGO BANGO BONGO!

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Looking good. I like the symmetry on the front.. much better than the 920

NUSA-CP-Lumia-928-Hero-v2-jpg.jpg

^ and.. if I have to be picky, that "capture the highlights" slogan doesn't go well with that particular picture.. all I see is burned highlights (the white sections in the water) .. or in other words.. "capture the clipped highlights"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb