Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree that the phone appears aluminum in the Nokia ads, but I would much rather prefer a Red Polycarbonate, or better yet, ORANGE!!!! My upgrade date is the 27th, so I'm fine with any release date this month, but I would love for it to release tomorrow so I can go drool at it in my local VZW store.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It will miss the event on the 14th because it was never intended to be there. May 14th has been speculation since day one. But the 928 is a U.S. only phone. Nokia and certainly not Verizon are going to announce a U.S. phone in London.

Look at all the public photos officially from Nokia. The Verizon branding is nowhere to be found. However, the Phone tile on the home screen clearly says Verizon Wireless. That means that they did not remove the branding in the image to try and hide carrier information. There is a reason that the Verizon branding is missing in the images and my guess is that Verizon is not the only carrier with the rights to this handset.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Global Lumia phones are typically xx0. They always end in zero. When they end in a different number they are typically carrier exclusive!

Yeah your not quite getting my point mate. 928 is for verizon. Done. But, what about this 925? We dont KNOW that its catwalk (ali phone leaked a month ago). It could be the global 928. Now if thats the case, it would make sense for Nokia to announce them all at once, a GLOBAL announcement. If Verizon do a small announcement on their own before the global announcement, all the media fire gets focused on that, and all the people reading the articles see "US Verizon phone". If its announced with the global, the world sees the phone is coming, and all the US people see that they are getting a 928 not a 925.

I really cant make it clearer so I hope you finally understand my point this time :D

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Look at all the public photos officially from Nokia. The Verizon branding is nowhere to be found. However, the Phone tile on the home screen clearly says Verizon Wireless. That means that they did not remove the branding in the image to try and hide carrier information. There is a reason that the Verizon branding is missing in the images and my guess is that Verizon is not the only carrier with the rights to this handset.

Yeah...cos its global....

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Tom warren reported on twitter an hour ago its being delayed until later this month...

Until May 14th perhaps? :p Or if they are being super awkward Verizon will announce it themselves after May 14th but that seems super strange. Even if the London event reveals something completely different, its going to be either on par or better than the 928.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What really changes, we can already assume May 23rd, so that is the end of the month... Still announced tomorrow IMO. Unless someone like TC says otherwise...

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 928 Spotted at Private Nokia Concert

All the commentary about this event has been about the video capabilities, but from the reports elsewhere with the specs of the mic suggest it will have distortion free recording up to 140db it seems this staged event will probably be showing off the low-light video and audio capabilities.

I am coming from android and was already looking forward to this phone. If they have made the ultimate concert device that is even better. I'm not as familiar if the 920 has same tech in mic department if anyone can clarify. I read that the HTC One had some awesome mic technology they got from Nokia but now they have lost a court case and can only use the stock they have for the mic and will have to install a lesser mic once that runs out.

I guess I was onto something. :wink: This just popped up on wmpoweruser
Nokia Lumia 928 spotted in demo of HAAC Rich Recording Microphones

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Just my $.02, I agree that it would make sense to announce a global version in a 925 flavor and then announce the US variant 928, but the majority of the leaks have been about the 928 specifically. Verizon is known for butchering phone designs for their own purposes, and therefore a 925 that looks identical to a 928 with exception being the logo is unlikely, IMO.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...cos its global....
Good luck with that. Really. Hopefully you'll get a variant, but the 928 will be exclusive.

Tom warren reported on twitter an hour ago its being delayed until later this month...
Yeah.... Um... I know he gets some inside info, but I think he's off on this.

What really changes, we can already assume May 23rd, so that is the end of the month... Still announced tomorrow IMO. Unless someone like TC says otherwise...
I don't think so. I'm thinking announce tomorrow. They can't be having these sneak peeks from Nokia this far in advance, and expect it to keep momentum.

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site

It's clear the phone has been delayed to some extent due to the print leaks (billboard and magazine.) That is NOT a marketing strategy. If they wanted to tease the phone, they'd do it digitally, which they are doing with the release of those YT videos. Magazines can print as early as a month before they are in mailboxes or on newstands, which is why we saw the magazine pop up. The phone was likely delayed a few weeks ago, and the magazine already printed. I do marketing for a consumer-oriented company and have had the exact same thing happen to me. A product was killed last minute, but it was too late to get it out of a few print placements.

There is 100% no way they'd have the print pieces show up before the phone was announced. The only question is how far was it delayed. I have heard it was delayed more than once from a trusted source, so Tom Warren could be correct.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The newer pictures do NOT look like the shell is aluminum. Looks like Polycarbonate to me. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

CBAviator

May 8, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth, I got a phone call from our Verizon corporate rep today. He knew I was waiting on the 928 and he said he just got an internal e-mail across his computer this afternoon that said Verizon will have the phone for sale beginning May 16th. He didn't know if pre-orders would be available or not and he didn't have final confirmation on colors as of this afternoon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte