Lumia 928 Predict Release Date Game

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
HonestAbeBread stated that he would know a week before we do and I think that when he got his hands on a 928 last week then likely it will announced this Thursday (day after tomorrow) and available for pre-order. I have my $200 gripped in my hand and my feet in the starting blocks.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
HonestAbeBread stated that he would know a week before we do and I think that when he got his hands on a 928 last week then likely it will announced this Thursday (day after tomorrow) and available for pre-order. I have my $200 gripped in my hand and my feet in the starting blocks.

This is what I'm hoping for. We'll see in two days, won't we? :grin:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea I keep seeing people saying it wont be announced until May 15 at some Nokia London event and then wont be released until late June. But Ive noticed on all these rumors people have been using "Lumia 928" and "Catwalk" interchangeably. But according to @TomWarren and what ive gathered from wpcentral these are two different phones.

And @TomWarren still says the 928 will be released *sometime* this month. The Catwalk, AKA TMO's new Nokia device will hit in May....

When will soon be now ?????????

I have about $450 (will get the rest when needed) gripped in my hands ready to get it.....IF it has the MicroSD slot....(off contract so I can keep my Unlimited data)

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
since my prediction for announcement date was horribly wrong :) I am changing the announcement guess to April 22nd, since Verizon have announced an announcement...to happen at ctia

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
CTIA is May 22nd not April 22nd...we better not have to wait another month or I will just wait for the EOS on ATT

Oh - youre right! I didnt even consider the month! I sure hope i am wrong - but Verizon is planning on "some" announcement on the 22nf of MAY.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
During the WP8 launch in October it was announced that AT&T would get the Lumia 920 starting November 2nd and that they would have an exclusive deal for 6 months. On May 2nd 2013 the deal ends.

We have heard this before - but there is no tangible proof of the exclusivity period to my knowledge.
The "leaked" training videos refer to "exclusive to ATT" but there is no mention of a time period.
All of the blog sites just copied each other i think...

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
During the WP8 launch in October it was announced that AT&T would get the Lumia 920 starting November 2nd and that they would have an exclusive deal for 6 months. On May 2nd 2013 the deal ends.
Lumia 920 exclusivity is irrelevant since 928 is completely a different device.

Mirtas

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
We have heard this before - but there is no tangible proof of the exclusivity period to my knowledge.
The "leaked" training videos refer to "exclusive to ATT" but there is no mention of a time period.
All of the blog sites just copied each other i think...

It is a guessing game. The only people who truly know it have most likely singed a NDA. I guess May 2nd.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

It is a guessing game. The only people who truly know it have most likely singed a NDA. I guess May 2nd.

So first you make a statement, and then you say it's a guessing game. You'd be better off saying nothing, since your last statement is the most accurate - the people who know have most likely signed NDA.

As I've been saying all along, everyone who makes a claim of a certain date, or that Verizon has to wait, is just guessing, because they don't know the terms and conditions of the contract.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So first you make a statement, and then you say it's a guessing game. You'd be better off saying nothing, since your last statement is the most accurate - the people who know have most likely signed NDA.

As I've been saying all along, everyone who makes a claim of a certain date, or that Verizon has to wait, is just guessing, because they don't know the terms and conditions of the contract.

I guess there's no real reason to believe me, but the AT&T exclusivity is one of the reasons the 928 isn't out yet. The other reasons being the decision to make the Z10 a flagship and the waiting game to see how well the current Windows Phones sold. I can tell you the red 822 alone pretty much sealed the deal on the 928. Verizon was very impressed by how quickly they sold out of their red 822 stock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss