05-10-2013 04:56 PM
189 12345 ...
tools
    I think this device ends up like Lumia 900.

It comes new and after 3 months Nokia announces new flagship with quad core and more ram , which would ship with 8.1 or whatever
    Nokia is announcing their new phone on May 14th. So 3 months isn't even right, more like 3 weeks.

At best.

So Verizon will be getting last year's phone as AT&T is beginning to talk about the new phone. Those of us that held out for Verizon will again contemplate AT&T or just being done with it and going to something cutting edge like the One.
    It's frustrating. I mean, WP8 doesn't need to be cutting edge, but it's annoying to always be far behind AT&T.

On the plus side, no way can they charge $199 with something new around the corner for other providers.
    04-25-2013 10:50 AM
    You make alot of assumptions about the 928...like it's going to basically be the 920. None of us have any idea. It might have as much wow factor as the catwalk or EOS.
    04-25-2013 10:54 AM
    You make alot of assumptions about the 928...like it's going to basically be the 920. None of us have any idea. It might have as much wow factor as the catwalk or EOS.
    It's a fairly safe assumption. Using the rumor metric of the front page, let's say it's a 9. 8 at the worst.
    aaa6112 and Gungzwei like this.
    04-25-2013 11:08 AM
    Nokia is announcing their new phone on May 14th. So 3 months isn't even right, more like 3 weeks.

At best.

So Verizon will be getting last year's phone as AT&T is beginning to talk about the new phone. Those of us that held out for Verizon will again contemplate AT&T or just being done with it and going to something cutting edge like the One.
    It's frustrating. I mean, WP8 doesn't need to be cutting edge, but it's annoying to always be far behind AT&T.

On the plus side, no way can they charge $199 with something new around the corner for other providers.
    This is why Nokia only sold 400,000 devices in North America in the first quarter and why Windows phone doesn't get better traction.
    hopmedic likes this.
    04-25-2013 11:12 AM
    doubtful..like the judge said, we have been waiting for the high end lumia for six months. Now we find out it may be 7 or 8 months? I may wait until Christmas now and hopefully a phablet is out by then. Ok that was cynical, But still... I have a trophy on 7.5 ....7.5 and my screen is cracked.
    04-25-2013 11:40 AM
    It's not looking good for the day for a annoucement today :( Yea, I know the day is not over yet but...

Checked Nokia, Had a chat with a Verizonwiress person, checked all the major WP sites and even checked on twitter and facebook....Nothing YET...

Anyone seeing anything ?
    04-25-2013 11:51 AM
    Another botched launch by Nokia and Verizon. They seem to be getting really good at blowing it with Windows Phone launches!
    Gungzwei likes this.
    04-25-2013 11:52 AM
    It's funny that the thread title is still accurate.
    Seems like it's always tomorrow with Verizon.
    berty6294 and jleebiker like this.
    04-25-2013 12:19 PM
    Looks like I might more seriously contemplate the GS4 or roll to AT&T. Although, I want to be able to actually use my phone so leaning toward the GS4. Can't seem to understand why the Nations best carrier always seems to come in dead last in the latest tech.
    Rick2340 likes this.
    04-25-2013 12:32 PM
    Another botched launch by Nokia and Verizon. They seem to be getting really good at blowing it with Windows Phone launches!
    Well, the GS4 is pretty much guaranteed to sell 10x what the 928 is, if not more, so of course it gets more priority, and of course Verizon has to time to meet what other carriers say.
    The 928 would be totally lost if it was announced at the same day.

Then again, it'll be almost as lost if it's announced at the same time as a next-gen Lumia.

At this point, assuming it is a next-gen announcement on 5/14 and not just a tablet (would a tablet be a Lumia?) and assuming it is truly a reskinned and oddly taller 920 (seems very likely), then this product no longer seems to have a purpose.
    04-25-2013 01:16 PM
    Well, the GS4 is pretty much guaranteed to sell 10x what the 928 is, if not more, so of course it gets more priority, and of course Verizon has to time to meet what other carriers say.
    The 928 would be totally lost if it was announced at the same day.

Then again, it'll be almost as lost if it's announced at the same time as a next-gen Lumia.

At this point, assuming it is a next-gen announcement on 5/14 and not just a tablet (would a tablet be a Lumia?) and assuming it is truly a reskinned and oddly taller 920 (seems very likely), then this product no longer seems to have a purpose.
    Yeah if there is nothing by 5/2 I am going to buy an 822 on 5/9 then return it within the 14 days if there is a 928 announcement.
    04-25-2013 01:32 PM
    Another dispointed Verizon customer....ugh...Where the "F" is this phone ? Now what rumor is next for the date ?

I remember going through this to get the HTC Trophy...waiting and new rumors ever other day....ugh.
    Zomby Jeezus likes this.
    04-25-2013 02:00 PM
    I am thinking the rumors will be every Thursday until its finally released.
    04-25-2013 02:27 PM
    I am thinking the rumors will be every Thursday until its finally released.
    Yeah....... This is starting to remind me very much of Trophy.
    04-25-2013 02:29 PM
    Can any Verizon employee explain to me why they can't confirm the device exists and leak the specs at this point?? They don't have to announce it or announce the release date. That would be acceptable to me and many others I believe. Just confirm it exists and at some point will be released.
    04-25-2013 02:43 PM
    Can any Verizon people explain to me why they can't confirm the device exists and leak the specs at this point?? They don't have to announce it or announce the release date. That would be acceptable to me and many others I believe. Just confirm it exists and at some point will be released.
    Because this is their policy. It's always been like this. I remember getting a Moto V710 (one of the top flip phones for the time) and it was like the same thing. Rumors all over the place but, Verizon would never confirm ANY PHONE (accept iPhone type releases) till their offical annoucement.

You could call CS and you might get someone who will leak a little but, nothing offical....

It's always been like that...
    04-25-2013 02:50 PM
    Can any Verizon employee explain to me why they can't confirm the device exists and leak the specs at this point?? They don't have to announce it or announce the release date. That would be acceptable to me and many others I believe. Just confirm it exists and at some point will be released.
    PR and Comms have strategy. Wildly leaking information on forums during other big news cycles (GS4 and this Exclusive: Verizon eyes roughly $100 billion bid for Vodafone's wireless stake | Reuters) is typically not something a corporate comms/PR team would do. When the 928 hits, they want it to shine. Maybe it was going to hit today with the GS4, but they were worried the vodaphone news/GS4 news would bury any mentions of the 928. Yes, the WP nerds on forums (us) would preorder, but the average-joe consumer would probably not even know it existed.

inb4 next response is "pullllleassssssse, give me phone!@?!#?!@ I DON'T GET IT!!! UNVEIL IT!!!!"

Remember, they are doing this for a reason and we don't know what it is, so we have to sit back and wait.
    04-25-2013 02:55 PM
    I get it. I understand it and realize the they have their strategy and plan for moving forward. I'm just frustrated that I don't have a new wp8 phone...like you said, all we can do is wait.
    04-25-2013 03:40 PM
    Sadly, we have been waiting so long that the op of this thread jumped ship and went with a z10! Maybe we are the ones who are crazy!
    04-25-2013 03:46 PM
    Tomorrow never come so yeah...Goodluck there!
    04-25-2013 04:23 PM
    It's funny that the thread title is still accurate.
    Seems like it's always tomorrow with Verizon.
    And this is ultimately why I got sick of waiting a month ago and left for ATT. I'm starting to think the Nokia/Verizon deal is one epic troll by a select few to keep people on Verizon's network. At the very least, they seem to have botched another launch and are making people wait for phones that will be last generation by the time they rollout.
    04-25-2013 04:24 PM
    Derek, you are right. Obsolete the day it releases, it will be. (read aloud in Yoda voice). Wait for a better phone I shall!
    Last edited by Zomby Jeezus; 04-25-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    04-25-2013 04:56 PM
    Derek, you are right. Obsolete the day it is releases, it will be. (read aloud in Yoda voice). Wait for a better phone I shall!
    agreed, if it's the same phone as the 920 (besides minor camera and flash updates) but, just in a new case, I will skip it too. Then again, I might wait a month or 2 and find one for 1/2 price on eBay or something but, will not buy it as new. I still have a major issue with the lack of space on my 8x, 32gb puts a Band-Aid on the problem but does not fix it. I do need some type of expandable storage but, we all know that..don't we ?
    04-25-2013 06:11 PM
    agreed, if it's the same phone as the 920 (besides minor camera and flash updates) but, just in a new case, I will skip it too. Then again, I might wait a month or 2 and find one for 1/2 price on eBay or something but, will not buy it as new. I still have a major issue with the lack of space on my 8x, 32gb puts a Band-Aid on the problem but does not fix it. I do need some type of expandable storage but, we all know that..don't we ? ��
    Doesn't the 822 have expandable storage? Have you considered that?
    04-25-2013 06:17 PM
    Doesn't the 822 have expandable storage? Have you considered that?
    yep, 16gb and no HD display. The Trophy was a low end model, would not do a lower end model again, and the 822 falls into the lower end of the scale in my eyes.
    04-25-2013 06:35 PM
189 12345 ...