Well, tomorrow is the big 928 announcement!

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Vzw site is updated today with the gs4 on the front page. I doubt that the 928 will be joining it there today. Even if the testing etc is not done I just wish that they would at least officially acknowledge the phone and give us some specs.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It's becoming very frustrating. It honestly feels like this thing is never actually going to come out and that we're all just chasing a ghost. I'm sure Microsoft, Nokia and Verizon are all aware most people heavily invested in Windows Phone know about the phone so it just feels very annoying that they won't share any info with us or acknowledge it's more than a rumor.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
It's becoming very frustrating. It honestly feels like this thing is never actually going to come out and that we're all just chasing a ghost. I'm sure Microsoft, Nokia and Verizon are all aware most people heavily invested in Windows Phone know about the phone so it just feels very annoying that they won't share any info with us or acknowledge it's more than a rumor.

I think this device ends up like Lumia 900.

It comes new and after 3 months Nokia announces new flagship with quad core and more ram , which would ship with 8.1 or whatever

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I think this device ends up like Lumia 900.

It comes new and after 3 months Nokia announces new flagship with quad core and more ram , which would ship with 8.1 or whatever

Nokia is announcing their new phone on May 14th. So 3 months isn't even right, more like 3 weeks.

At best.

So Verizon will be getting last year's phone as AT&T is beginning to talk about the new phone. Those of us that held out for Verizon will again contemplate AT&T or just being done with it and going to something cutting edge like the One.
It's frustrating. I mean, WP8 doesn't need to be cutting edge, but it's annoying to always be far behind AT&T.

On the plus side, no way can they charge $199 with something new around the corner for other providers.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You make alot of assumptions about the 928...like it's going to basically be the 920. None of us have any idea. It might have as much wow factor as the catwalk or EOS.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You make alot of assumptions about the 928...like it's going to basically be the 920. None of us have any idea. It might have as much wow factor as the catwalk or EOS.

It's a fairly safe assumption. Using the rumor metric of the front page, let's say it's a 9. 8 at the worst.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Nokia is announcing their new phone on May 14th. So 3 months isn't even right, more like 3 weeks.

At best.

So Verizon will be getting last year's phone as AT&T is beginning to talk about the new phone. Those of us that held out for Verizon will again contemplate AT&T or just being done with it and going to something cutting edge like the One.
It's frustrating. I mean, WP8 doesn't need to be cutting edge, but it's annoying to always be far behind AT&T.

On the plus side, no way can they charge $199 with something new around the corner for other providers.

This is why Nokia only sold 400,000 devices in North America in the first quarter and why Windows phone doesn't get better traction.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

doubtful..like the judge said, we have been waiting for the high end lumia for six months. Now we find out it may be 7 or 8 months? I may wait until Christmas now and hopefully a phablet is out by then. Ok that was cynical, But still... I have a trophy on 7.5 ....7.5 and my screen is cracked.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's not looking good for the day for a annoucement today :( Yea, I know the day is not over yet but...

Checked Nokia, Had a chat with a Verizonwiress person, checked all the major WP sites and even checked on twitter and facebook....Nothing YET...

Anyone seeing anything ?

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Another botched launch by Nokia and Verizon. They seem to be getting really good at blowing it with Windows Phone launches! :angry:

gregc72

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I might more seriously contemplate the GS4 or roll to AT&T. Although, I want to be able to actually use my phone so leaning toward the GS4. Can't seem to understand why the Nations best carrier always seems to come in dead last in the latest tech.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Another botched launch by Nokia and Verizon. They seem to be getting really good at blowing it with Windows Phone launches! :angry:

Well, the GS4 is pretty much guaranteed to sell 10x what the 928 is, if not more, so of course it gets more priority, and of course Verizon has to time to meet what other carriers say.
The 928 would be totally lost if it was announced at the same day.

Then again, it'll be almost as lost if it's announced at the same time as a next-gen Lumia.

At this point, assuming it is a next-gen announcement on 5/14 and not just a tablet (would a tablet be a Lumia?) and assuming it is truly a reskinned and oddly taller 920 (seems very likely), then this product no longer seems to have a purpose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers