Well, tomorrow is the big 928 announcement!

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, the GS4 is pretty much guaranteed to sell 10x what the 928 is, if not more, so of course it gets more priority, and of course Verizon has to time to meet what other carriers say.
The 928 would be totally lost if it was announced at the same day.

Then again, it'll be almost as lost if it's announced at the same time as a next-gen Lumia.

At this point, assuming it is a next-gen announcement on 5/14 and not just a tablet (would a tablet be a Lumia?) and assuming it is truly a reskinned and oddly taller 920 (seems very likely), then this product no longer seems to have a purpose.

Yeah if there is nothing by 5/2 I am going to buy an 822 on 5/9 then return it within the 14 days if there is a 928 announcement.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Another dispointed Verizon customer....ugh...Where the "F" is this phone ? Now what rumor is next for the date ?

I remember going through this to get the HTC Trophy...waiting and new rumors ever other day....ugh.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Can any Verizon employee explain to me why they can't confirm the device exists and leak the specs at this point?? They don't have to announce it or announce the release date. That would be acceptable to me and many others I believe. Just confirm it exists and at some point will be released.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Can any Verizon people explain to me why they can't confirm the device exists and leak the specs at this point?? They don't have to announce it or announce the release date. That would be acceptable to me and many others I believe. Just confirm it exists and at some point will be released.

Because this is their policy. It's always been like this. I remember getting a Moto V710 (one of the top flip phones for the time) and it was like the same thing. Rumors all over the place but, Verizon would never confirm ANY PHONE (accept iPhone type releases) till their offical annoucement.

You could call CS and you might get someone who will leak a little but, nothing offical....

It's always been like that...

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Can any Verizon employee explain to me why they can't confirm the device exists and leak the specs at this point?? They don't have to announce it or announce the release date. That would be acceptable to me and many others I believe. Just confirm it exists and at some point will be released.

PR and Comms have strategy. Wildly leaking information on forums during other big news cycles (GS4 and this Exclusive: Verizon eyes roughly $100 billion bid for Vodafone's wireless stake | Reuters) is typically not something a corporate comms/PR team would do. When the 928 hits, they want it to shine. Maybe it was going to hit today with the GS4, but they were worried the vodaphone news/GS4 news would bury any mentions of the 928. Yes, the WP nerds on forums (us) would preorder, but the average-joe consumer would probably not even know it existed.

inb4 next response is "pullllleassssssse, give me phone!@?!#?!@ I DON'T GET IT!!! UNVEIL IT!!!!"

Remember, they are doing this for a reason and we don't know what it is, so we have to sit back and wait.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I get it. I understand it and realize the they have their strategy and plan for moving forward. I'm just frustrated that I don't have a new wp8 phone...like you said, all we can do is wait.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, we have been waiting so long that the op of this thread jumped ship and went with a z10! Maybe we are the ones who are crazy!

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
It's funny that the thread title is still accurate.
Seems like it's always tomorrow with Verizon.

And this is ultimately why I got sick of waiting a month ago and left for ATT. I'm starting to think the Nokia/Verizon deal is one epic troll by a select few to keep people on Verizon's network. At the very least, they seem to have botched another launch and are making people wait for phones that will be last generation by the time they rollout.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Derek, you are right. Obsolete the day it releases, it will be. (read aloud in Yoda voice). Wait for a better phone I shall!

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Derek, you are right. Obsolete the day it is releases, it will be. (read aloud in Yoda voice). Wait for a better phone I shall!

agreed, if it's the same phone as the 920 (besides minor camera and flash updates) but, just in a new case, I will skip it too. Then again, I might wait a month or 2 and find one for 1/2 price on eBay or something but, will not buy it as new. I still have a major issue with the lack of space on my 8x, 32gb puts a Band-Aid on the problem but does not fix it. I do need some type of expandable storage but, we all know that..don't we ? ��

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
agreed, if it's the same phone as the 920 (besides minor camera and flash updates) but, just in a new case, I will skip it too. Then again, I might wait a month or 2 and find one for 1/2 price on eBay or something but, will not buy it as new. I still have a major issue with the lack of space on my 8x, 32gb puts a Band-Aid on the problem but does not fix it. I do need some type of expandable storage but, we all know that..don't we ? ��

Doesn't the 822 have expandable storage? Have you considered that?

All Hallows Eve

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
The closer to the S4 they release this thing, the more DOA it becomes. I'm already not thrilled with only getting a rehashed 920, but this waiting thing is ridiculous.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The closer to the S4 they release this thing, the more DOA it becomes. I'm already not thrilled with only getting a rehashed 920, but this waiting thing is ridiculous.
All signs point to this not being a rehashed 920...same processor yes, but add a real xenon flash, AMOLED display, thinner/lighter, + who knows what else is included as Nokia has not announced all the specs. Patience people....

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
All signs point to this not being a rehashed 920...same processor yes, but add a real xenon flash, AMOLED display, thinner/lighter, + who knows what else is included as Nokia has not announced all the specs. Patience people....

Actually one of the rumors said a newer CPU. What do we actually know ?

We know what type of display it will have and that it is a 4.5" (due to the replacement part) and some images (that are subject to change) of the case

What else do we really know ? Nothing at all, every other thing is rumor, think about it. This could be the first quad core CPU or it could be the same CPU as the 920, no one who can say anything knows (VZW employee under NDA).

Besides the display, everything else is just a guess....crap, sites are still saying it has a metal case!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss