Well, tomorrow is the big 928 announcement!

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My neighborhood has a breakfast get together on the first Saturday of each month. One of the guys in my neighborhood works for Verizon. I asked him about the Nokia Lumia 928 and, as of Saturday, he had not heard anything. In fact, he had no idea what I was talking about. He did mention that he was familiar with the 822. I doubt this is worth much in the grand scheme of things, but I was still surprised that he had not heard anything at all about the phone.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
My neighborhood has a breakfast get together on the first Saturday of each month. One of the guys in my neighborhood works for Verizon. I asked him about the Nokia Lumia 928 and, as of Saturday, he had not heard anything. In fact, he had no idea what I was talking about. He did mention that he was familiar with the 822. I doubt this is worth much in the grand scheme of things, but I was still surprised that he had not heard anything at all about the phone.

He'll probably know more about it tomorrow, after the big announcement.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, there are now rumors stating it might be announced tomorrow, so this thread may well apply again. :p

I was going to just LOL on this but, when it comes down to it, we are all grasping at straws here on a date so, why not tomorrow? Why not the 9th ? How about the 14th ?

Verizon, just release the f'ing phone now !!!!!!

enough of these games, its starting to get old

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Only thing worrying me at this point is I have yet to see an "Official" image of a red 928. I really hope this doesn't just come out in black and white initially and they save the red and cyan to juice sales in 6 months :( But I have a distinct feeling in the pit of my gut that this is exactly what will happen. I want a red one.....

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The phone in the ad looks grey to me even though I haven't heard any rumors of a grey. Possibly the lighting in the shot but I would take grey in a heartbeat.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I know this isn't the most useful post but here it goes... CYAN! That is all.

I've never owned a White phone and always wanted one but....the red Lumia 920 I will have to admit is pretty sexy looking. Hmmmm

I bet first release (we need to hear the official Verizon annoucement to know for sure) is black and white (common colors) but, dont count out other colors as Verizon might bring them all out at once.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
this thread is now being updated, the phone will be annouced tomorrow....My bets on are this due to the all the leaks and Verizon released phones on Thrusday. If it will be released or just annouced tomorrow is the question....

I'm thinking Annouced tomorrow the 9th and released on the 14th. I just want to know it's feature set....The end all question, does it have a MicroSD slot or not ? If it has 32gb and a MicroSD slot with all the other features, camera etc, It would be the perfect phone.

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
this thread is now being updated, the phone will be annouced tomorrow....My bets on are this due to the all the leaks and Verizon released phones on Thrusday. If it will be released or just annouced tomorrow is the question....

I'm thinking Annouced tomorrow the 9th and released on the 14th. I just want to know it's feature set....The end all question, does it have a MicroSD slot or not ? If it has 32gb and a MicroSD slot with all the other features, camera etc, It would be the perfect phone.

no microSD, but it is 32gb.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

More Proof tomorrow is the day...

Ready to add some colour to your week? – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

As for the No MicroSD thing, when I see the official annoucement with the feature set, then we will all know for sure...

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Why would they do a global webcast for a phone that is US only?

There is rumors that it will be a global phone. It might be exclusive to Verizon in the US but, world wide other carriers have them. Think of the 920, AT&T had it as an exclusive in the US but, other carriers around the world sold it.

This is what makes me think it does have a MicroSD slot, It wont be very much as a step up of it's only a re-hash of the 920 with a little better camera, a little nicer display and new flash. If it will be global phone, they need to make it better on the feature set.

I know for sure, but if you want to keep pretending that it might have micro SD, go right ahead.

And you know this how(said from a member who just joined this site yesterday) ? As they say, Proof or it didn't happen. Till it's it's annouced, your guess is as good as mine here. I never said it did, I just said it's a feature I want and I know for sure, I am not the only one.

yea I think your the only one who still has hope for the Micro SD. Personally I have no use for it, I have 16GB on my Arrive, and have never used that up.

Nope, read through the threads and on other sites, there are 100's if not more who want some type of expandable storage in a high end Windows Phone 8 model. How I use my phone is different than how you use your phone. You may of not run out of space but, right now, I have a 16gb HTC 8x and I am ALWAYS out of space, I have to delete apps I paid for just to install others, never mind I want to be able to take music with me and I watch a lot of podcasts.

I had the same issue on my HTC Trophy when I had it... My phone before that had a MicroSD slot and I always had at least a 16gb card in it full of music (that was it's max size it supported)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss