06-19-2013 05:27 PM
75 123
tools
    If your statement isn't opinion then post the link that shows verizon saying this. And again the contract has jack to do with the data service and everything to do with the subsidized phone. I can make you a promise that if you don't lower yourself to insults then I will do the same.
    Said no one who has ever read or executed a contract (and understood it). I used to administer them for a living.
    Last edited by hopmedic; 04-26-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    04-26-2013 02:01 PM
    Here's a little snippet from the T&C of the contract:
    Can Verizon Wireless Change This Agreement or My Service?

We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time,but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no Early Termination Fee if we fail to negate the change after you notify us of your objection to it.
    Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

As it turns out, they don't even have to keep the service the same through the duration of the contract. They can change whatever they want about your service, and all they have to do is give you adequate notice, and if the change is adverse to you, they have to give you the opportunity to terminate the contract with no ETF. You have even fewer rights than I assumed you did. Perhaps if you didn't spout off about that which you do not understand.....
    Last edited by hopmedic; 04-26-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    jmajid likes this.
    04-26-2013 02:09 PM
    Personally, I will pay full retail price of my next phone. I have unlimited data including unlimited tethering. When Verizon first announced LTE, I got the Thunderbolt and had the option at that time to pay $30 a month for unlimited Tethering so I took it. I travel a lot, so my data usage is very high.
    04-26-2013 11:21 PM
    Here's a little snippet from the T&C of the contract:

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

As it turns out, they don't even have to keep the service the same through the duration of the contract. They can change whatever they want about your service, and all they have to do is give you adequate notice, and if the change is adverse to you, they have to give you the opportunity to terminate the contract with no ETF. You have even fewer rights than I assumed you did. Perhaps if you didn't spout off about that which you do not understand.....
    Point made and you were Right. I will still use it until it is gone.
    04-28-2013 02:26 PM
    Point made and you were Right. I will still use it until it is gone.
    Same here, Once it's gone, I will test my usage and if I have to really limit myself because I am going over every month, I will change carriers.... Some carriers are weaker in my area but, some will do fine. A few pre-paid phones with the carriers I am interested in will confirm that.
    04-29-2013 03:27 PM
    I will be. Just curious if anyone else was planning on it.
    I as well, whether it be for the 822 or 928, mircoSD or no microSD that is the question. I plan on adding internet sharing and then can take advantage of unlimited data.
    04-30-2013 06:14 AM
    I will and I plan on trying out the device payment plan as well for this phone and just paying it off way before the 12 months
    05-01-2013 01:32 AM
    Watch them put some requirement that you can't use the payment plan if you're on unlimited. No, I don't have any knowledge of it, I'm just saying that they don't come up with these policies to protect the consumers, do they?
    05-01-2013 08:04 AM
    Watch them put some requirement that you can't use the payment plan if you're on unlimited. No, I don't have any knowledge of it, I'm just saying that they don't come up with these policies to protect the consumers, do they?
    You keep your unlimited on the payment plan. Literally the only time you lose the unlimited is if you sign a two year and get a subsidy. That's it.
    05-01-2013 08:48 AM
    I'm buying at retail but not necessarily to keep unlimited. My contract doesn't end until november so I'm buying at retail most likely because I want a new phone. Plus it gives me the flexibility to buy another phone with subsidy at a closer time if the next generation just wipes the floor with the 928.
    05-01-2013 10:41 AM
    I went into the store the other day to ask about the device payment plan and they said they didn't do it but they have heard of it wtf
    05-01-2013 10:03 PM
    I went into the store the other day to ask about the device payment plan and they said they didn't do it but they have heard of it wtf
    It hasn't started yet. Honest Abe said that he believes that will be Verizon's May 22 announcement.
    05-01-2013 10:09 PM
    It hasn't started yet. Honest Abe said that he believes that will be Verizon's May 22 announcement.
    I would think it went live now Verizon Device Payment Plan
    Zomby Jeezus likes this.
    05-01-2013 10:36 PM
    My brother used the payment plan the other day to buy a phone took 4 days to get it straitened out the people at the store didn't know about it at first got denied no reason y call customer service and they said everything looked fine emailed someone got a phone call from someone from a corporate office went back to the store and it finally went thru
    05-02-2013 06:14 AM
    Payment plan went live for phones April 21st and went live for tablets like September 2nd. Just keep in mind not everyone can do the payment plan. You have to have 6 months of good payment history to do the installment plan.

May 22nd, I believe is when VZW is gonna open up 4G to prep aids and promote those plans a little more.
    05-02-2013 07:35 AM
    I thought WP fans would know that Verizon reps don't know a whole lot. When I got my trophy at release they had no idea what it was. I told them it was in their inventory and arrived today on the truck (i knew a guy that knew a guy). They gave me the look "you're really gonna make me go through those boxes?" and an hour later I had my trophy, but their jaws were still on the counter that I traded android for WP. The chick was using some 5in dell android phone at the time lol. More recently I told my mom to get the 822 since it was free. The store rep so no it wasn't so my mom called me and I told her have the person look at the verizon website and I heard oh it is free.... Then when my mom gets home the lady made my mom a microsoft account and didn't give her the password.... So her phone was setup with a microsoft account that couldn't be managed...

Do your research before you go there and you won't have issues. And if you are buying a phone retail to keep unlimited make sure the first thing you say is "don't change anything on my account". Anything they "accidentally" do is NOT reversible.
    05-02-2013 11:54 AM
    I would think it went live now Verizon Device Payment Plan
    Hmm... I didn't realize it was already live. Cool. I'd have to guess that the associate in question didn't have Honest Abe as his trainer... ?
    05-02-2013 12:00 PM
    Hmm... I didn't realize it was already live. Cool. I'd have to guess that the associate in question didn't have Honest Abe as his trainer... ?
    If I trained everyone.... Now that would be interesting.
    05-03-2013 12:27 PM
    Personally, I will pay full retail price of my next phone. I have unlimited data including unlimited tethering. When Verizon first announced LTE, I got the Thunderbolt and had the option at that time to pay $30 a month for unlimited Tethering so I took it. I travel a lot, so my data usage is very high.
    If you have an unlimited data plan, you can get unlimited tethering data (which is a subcomponent of the unlimited data) for $30/month now. You can also add and cancel out the tethering at any time and pay a pro-rated amount for that month. I've done that 3-4 times over the last 5 months.
    05-06-2013 07:25 PM
    This is all speculation until the thing is actually released and we can see what it is. From the pics leaked today, I really like the look of this handset better than the 920. But won't be switching carriers for it. My plan would be to pay full price for off contract, then pop in a Straight-Talk or Net10 sim card like we can do now with the 920. However if this is only available on Verizon, it would be a CDMA version right?
    05-08-2013 03:57 PM
    I possibly will buy this retail... only because I just used my upgrade on my 8x lol
    05-08-2013 04:01 PM
    This is all speculation until the thing is actually released and we can see what it is. From the pics leaked today, I really like the look of this handset better than the 920. But won't be switching carriers for it. My plan would be to pay full price for off contract, then pop in a Straight-Talk or Net10 sim card like we can do now with the 920. However if this is only available on Verizon, it would be a CDMA version right?
    It will have CDMA bands but a lot of VZW handsets come globally unlocked for GSM. Examples are the 8X, DNA, iPhone 5, etc.
    05-08-2013 09:33 PM
    CDMA1x/EV-DO (850, 1900)
    Rev A GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900)
    UMTS (850, 900, 1900, 2100)
    05-08-2013 09:39 PM
    Remember is it against the LAW to SIM unlock any phone made after Jan 31st 2013 in the US. So if Verizon SIM locks it, it would be against the law for you to mod the phone to change it to use on another carrier.

Stupid law....It just so happens I was talking about it with someone the other day and looked it up.
    05-08-2013 10:12 PM
    Iirc, Verizon can't lock their LTE phones. It was a provision that came with some of the spectrum they bought a little while ago. That's why the iPhone 5 and the 8X and such are unlocked.
    05-08-2013 10:27 PM
75 123