Anyone getting 928 @ retail cost to keep Unlimited?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm using my Trophy with the tethering hack right now. It's easy to do and the phone doesn't need to be unlocked. The instructions were posted here but removed by the mods. Takes all of 30 seconds to do.

Nothing in a 30 second search over at XDA would not find I am sure..

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Verizon doesn't throttle at X amount of data like AT&T does. Throw that garbage out the window because it's wrong.

Verizon throttles based on tower capacity. So if you're using 10GB a month, but some other dudes are out their with Note 2's or something using 20GB, they're gonna get hit with a 4G to 3G drop and you'll be fine. I've seen people using 120GB per month on their USB modems (with a grandfathered unlimited plan) getting full LTE with no throttling feature on their account.

Also, when I had a 2GB plan on my phone, I could literally do whatever I wanted and never worry about going over. What kind of stuff do you people do on your phone? And/or, do you not have WiFi at home?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
2. I'd look at the bill a little closer. The only way Trophy has free tethering and unlimited data is if someone screwed up. As far as I know, Trophy has never been successfully hacked to make tethering work without VZW knowing. And up until I got Tango and switched plans, I was looking for such a hack.

I know for a fact that you can use the VZW HTC Trophy for WiFi tethering with out Verizon knowing about it. I had my trophy fully unlocked and I used it all the time. Never got a bill or notified about using it. In fact, I have a spare trophy sitting around in case I need that feature for a weekend or something (esn changes on line are easy)

I even posted how to do it on the trophy forums here...

I'm using my Trophy with the tethering hack right now. It's easy to do and the phone doesn't need to be unlocked. The instructions were posted here but removed by the mods. Takes all of 30 seconds to do.

Nothing in a 30 second search over at XDA would not find I am sure..

Found the hack - yeah, 30 seconds. It wasn't possible until AFTER tango, and I clearly stated above that once I got Tango (the first day it was available to Trophy), I quit looking, because I switched plans. Which is fine, because I spend $30-$40 less than I was with unlimited.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1810310

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
My statement isn't opinion at all. It's a simple thing to understand if you try. Your contract has an expiration date. After that date, anything goes. Neither party is bound by a contract that is expired. Doesn't take a third grade education to realize that if you're not stuck in denial-land.

If your statement isn't opinion then post the link that shows verizon saying this. And again the contract has jack to do with the data service and everything to do with the subsidized phone. I can make you a promise that if you don't lower yourself to insults then I will do the same.

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon doesn't throttle at X amount of data like AT&T does. Throw that garbage out the window because it's wrong.

Verizon throttles based on tower capacity. So if you're using 10GB a month, but some other dudes are out their with Note 2's or something using 20GB, they're gonna get hit with a 4G to 3G drop and you'll be fine. I've seen people using 120GB per month on their USB modems (with a grandfathered unlimited plan) getting full LTE with no throttling feature on their account.

Also, when I had a 2GB plan on my phone, I could literally do whatever I wanted and never worry about going over. What kind of stuff do you people do on your phone? And/or, do you not have WiFi at home?

"When" I'm at home no.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If your statement isn't opinion then post the link that shows verizon saying this. And again the contract has jack to do with the data service and everything to do with the subsidized phone. I can make you a promise that if you don't lower yourself to insults then I will do the same.

Said no one who has ever read or executed a contract (and understood it). I used to administer them for a living.

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's a little snippet from the T&C of the contract:
Can Verizon Wireless Change This Agreement or My Service?

We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time,but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no Early Termination Fee if we fail to negate the change after you notify us of your objection to it.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

As it turns out, they don't even have to keep the service the same through the duration of the contract. They can change whatever they want about your service, and all they have to do is give you adequate notice, and if the change is adverse to you, they have to give you the opportunity to terminate the contract with no ETF. You have even fewer rights than I assumed you did. Perhaps if you didn't spout off about that which you do not understand.....

Last edited:

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I will pay full retail price of my next phone. I have unlimited data including unlimited tethering. When Verizon first announced LTE, I got the Thunderbolt and had the option at that time to pay $30 a month for unlimited Tethering so I took it. I travel a lot, so my data usage is very high.

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's a little snippet from the T&C of the contract:

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

As it turns out, they don't even have to keep the service the same through the duration of the contract. They can change whatever they want about your service, and all they have to do is give you adequate notice, and if the change is adverse to you, they have to give you the opportunity to terminate the contract with no ETF. You have even fewer rights than I assumed you did. Perhaps if you didn't spout off about that which you do not understand.....

Point made and you were Right. I will still use it until it is gone.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Point made and you were Right. I will still use it until it is gone.

Same here, Once it's gone, I will test my usage and if I have to really limit myself because I am going over every month, I will change carriers.... Some carriers are weaker in my area but, some will do fine. A few pre-paid phones with the carriers I am interested in will confirm that.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Watch them put some requirement that you can't use the payment plan if you're on unlimited. No, I don't have any knowledge of it, I'm just saying that they don't come up with these policies to protect the consumers, do they?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Watch them put some requirement that you can't use the payment plan if you're on unlimited. No, I don't have any knowledge of it, I'm just saying that they don't come up with these policies to protect the consumers, do they?

You keep your unlimited on the payment plan. Literally the only time you lose the unlimited is if you sign a two year and get a subsidy. That's it.

Candide yams

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm buying at retail but not necessarily to keep unlimited. My contract doesn't end until november so I'm buying at retail most likely because I want a new phone. Plus it gives me the flexibility to buy another phone with subsidy at a closer time if the next generation just wipes the floor with the 928.

bono1979

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
My brother used the payment plan the other day to buy a phone took 4 days to get it straitened out the people at the store didn't know about it at first got denied no reason y call customer service and they said everything looked fine emailed someone got a phone call from someone from a corporate office went back to the store and it finally went thru

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Payment plan went live for phones April 21st and went live for tablets like September 2nd. Just keep in mind not everyone can do the payment plan. You have to have 6 months of good payment history to do the installment plan.

May 22nd, I believe is when VZW is gonna open up 4G to prep aids and promote those plans a little more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss