Bloomberg reporting on 928 deal

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
My 22 year old sister in law (who knows nothing about specs) got the Moto maxx over Christmas. Yes, it is pricy. She was showing it off to everyone. She saw my phone and thought it looked strange and asked about about it. I told her all about my trophy and windows phone, which looks feable to hers in comparison. After, she asked me, "what system does that run on? That doesn't look like android or ios." I then explained to her it was a windows operating system and then explained the difference between Microsoft and windows.

This is what VZN and the WP platform is going up against. Marketing needs to tout the operating system and its features over the others heavily to get people interested in the devices. Hopefully, there are some awesome features on the 928 that will market easily and spark interest to non WP users. I have my doubts there will be...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Verizon and Nokia are not going to do that well if it's $199 on contract. I understand that WP8 does more on lesser spec'd hardware, but numbers matter to the average consumer. Period. Releasing a flag ship phone on 12 month old flag ship specs are NOT going to turn that many heads.
That's not problem if Nokia chooses to bundle a wireless charging dock with every purchase. If not, $99 is the way to go.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've paid $199 for my last 2 phones as well, the price is not the problem. If this wasn't mostly for tech that was released 6 months ago with a new body and xenon flash, that has never been more then $99 on ATT WITH a wireless charger for a long time. Doubling the price feels like highway robbery. I've waited this long, i can wait longer. At this point i may just wait until sprint releases info on thier WP8 lineup. I really want NOKIA, but I'm really starting to get bitter with the 928's lack of info. Time will tell tho, I've been known to bite on things that i probably shouldn't.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
When did he say anything about it being announced today? before he saw it and knew anything about it he said April, but that is what everyone was saying. No lost street cred here, tho i wish Verizon would just announce the phone even if they didnt give a release date. Just acknowledged the phone exists.

DurnDurnDurn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Honestabebread, I know you can comment on any specific details but just one question.... Is this phone really coming out? Some people are starting to have doubts...

DurnDurnDurn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah he never did, but I want to know if this thing is even coming out. Kind of frustrating the two devices that I want have been delayed and delayed. Both this and the Lenovo Thinkpad Helix. Freaking companies taking their sweet time to release these beauties.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah he never did, but I want to know if this thing is even coming out. Kind of frustrating the two devices that I want have been delayed and delayed. Both this and the Lenovo Thinkpad Helix. Freaking companies taking their sweet time to release these beauties.

Yes, it is coming out. Rumor is VZW and/or MSFT and/or Nokia want to have the GDR2 update on the phone from the factory, which is what "delayed" the release. For all we know, the release has never been pushed back, and it's still going according to the original plan. Early leaks just set us all up for frustration because we know the phone exists, but we don't know when it's going to be released.

My educated guess was unveil phone today. That seems unlikely due to the GS4 preorder, but maybe Samsung/Google had an agreement with Verizon to get a preorder up for GS4 before Lumia 928 was unveiled. It would make some sense. Samsung/Google sell way more phone for Verizon than MSFT/Nokia. I know that the per phone cost is higher for an android phone for Verizon, but the sheer numbers dwarf any Windows Phone sales. This obviously gives Samsung/Google some bargaining power.

We can only wait. I suggest we all step away from our keyboards and do something productive.

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Well guys, I don't think it's that bad. When we first found out about the laser, I believe Tom Warren it said it would be coming "soon," or sometime in the Spring. It's still Spring. Besides that, most sources pinpointed the release date to be sometime in April. And now, it's apparently been delayed. Just this once. Personally I feel people are being melodramatic when they say the wait's been way too long, or that it will never come out.

Yeah, I guess the wait has been long. I've been waiting since I heard about it in early January. But that's like waiting for the next iPhone after the very first rumors about it appear.

DurnDurnDurn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is I can't step away from the keyboard because that's what I do for a living. In between builds I check the forums. I guess the frustrating part about it is on May 14th Nokia is poised to talk about their next windows phones in London. The 928 is a 920 variant... doesn't seem like something to talk about during that event and this phone will finally come out and people will be looking forward to the new phones from Nokia.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Funny how everyone is saying this phone is delayed; Nokia has not announced it nor speculated as to when it would be available. How can it be delayed if you dont even know when it was intended to be delivered to customers? We are all just excited about this new device; it is pretty clear that the device is coming out, we should know the delivery dates soon and if these dates come and go we can start talking about delays....

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember Abe saying much of anything of substance regarding this phone. He did however state that it would be announced 1 week after he knew of it. More like one month.

I don't remember Abe ever saying that today would be the day.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I think that MSFT's XBox announcement, Verizon's CTIA announcement and Nokia's London announcement will all reinforce each other and they are the 2nd and 3rd week of May. So I think one of the major common device for all of these is the 928. So we have to wait 2-3 weeks. Now it's time to step away from the forums and wait for official press releases from these 3 majors.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not being announced today. There's nothing but S4 stuff on the ol' VZW intranet. Sorry guys. Also, I just realized that Easter was in March so when I said "Easter time" I was way off. I literally pay no attention to holidays so I just figured Easter was the end of April.

Truth is I don't really know a whole lot about the device except that it's essentially a 920 for Verizon. What Bloomburg has been reporting seems to be pretty accurate. I see and hear about so many phones that never make it to market, its hard for me to be a 100% accurate.

I can tell you the S4 comes out 5/30 though. That leaves plenty of time for the 928 to hopefully release.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Easier said then done, to actually stay off the forums and internet looking for any news on the 928. I have been without a phone since breaking my 8x and need a replacement. But I don't want to get another 8x unless the 928 isn't worth it. So all I want is information, so that I can make a rational decision and have a phone again. I just don't understand the secret at this point. Not sure how I made it through life without a cellphone before cellphones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077