Bloomberg reporting on 928 deal

lgdlman

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Is it me or do these bad boys look slippery? That was one of the things I did like about the HTC, the cover material but then again in the other forums you hear about it peeling off, looking forward to this get released one day soon!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

From the site....
The largest U.S. wireless carrier is set to unveil a plan next month to offer Nokia’s Lumia 928, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the deal hasn’t been made public. The phone has a metal body, 4.5-inch touch screen, 8- megapixel camera and wireless charging, said one of the people. It runs on Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)’s Windows software like other Lumias

WTF, next month ?

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or do these bad boys look slippery? That was one of the things I did like about the HTC, the cover material but then again in the other forums you hear about it peeling off, looking forward to this get released one day soon!
They do look slippery but someone mentioned that the gloss phone actually grip better than a matt phone. Imagine sliding your hand on a glass window...not too slippery.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a red 920 and my wife has a cyan (gloss for me and matte for her). Hers is indeed more slippery than my red glossy 920. I don't know why, but it just is.

Either way, you're getting a Lumia 928. Can't go wrong with that! I can't recommend the red color enough. It is so darn sexy looking and very distinctive.

anon(19759)

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

The last couple of phones I've had have been slippery. I just get the full body zagg invisible shield and it gives it plenty of grip with negligible bulk added. I despise cases, so the skin keeps it as close to stock as possible.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I hope this is untrue. Though I do expect Verizon to charge us more than AT&T would have. I just hope they don't.

Correct me if I am wrong but, wasn't the Lumia 920 sold for $199.99 on release day, sure it dropped in price a month or 2 later but, on release I thought it was $200 ? If that is the case, that would right in line with what the 928 should start at.

I hope it hits the rumor'ed $549.99 full price, as I will be buying it....of course depending if it has a MicroSD slot or not.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The only way I'm paying $199 for it is if it's released before i go on vacation (the 29th of April). Since that's not going to happen $99 is the most i would pay.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Verizon and Nokia are not going to do that well if it's $199 on contract. I understand that WP8 does more on lesser spec'd hardware, but numbers matter to the average consumer. Period. Releasing a flag ship phone on 12 month old flag ship specs are NOT going to turn that many heads.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Verizon and Nokia are not going to do that well if it's $199 on contract. I understand that WP8 does more on lesser spec'd hardware, but numbers matter to the average consumer. Period. Releasing a flag ship phone on 12 month old flag ship specs are NOT going to turn that many heads.

^^ totally agree. Too much competition with the gs4, I phone5, note, and z10 to release on day one at $199. It would be disastrous...

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
^^ totally agree. Too much competition with the gs4, I phone5, note, and z10 to release on day one at $199. It would be disastrous...

you guys need to understand that most customers do not care or know enough about specs. So many iPhone 4/4s owners call to complain about the fact that they do not get 4G signal. In fact many people decide on phones bases on price. In the eye of most customers a flagship phone is 199.99 therefore selling it at low price will have an opposite effect on sales. Verizon has an entry model 822 mid range 8x and flagship 928. It's all about perception

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Tcman88, I agree with you on the perception part. However, the galaxy line and android are household names for the most part. The lumia line is not and windows phone is still new to most people. When this phone is announced and ads start rolling for it, the 928 will essentially be popping out of "no-where" to most consumers. GS4 has a perception, because it has history and sold very well last year. It's new eye scrolling features and hover feature will be highly touted. We still don't even have solid information on whether the 928 has an AL body or poly..It better have some un-leaked feature like solar charging, to tout against the "superior" specs and size of the GS4 and its new features if it is going to release 2 weeks before it at $199 on contract. They also better have 2-3 VERY strong commercials.

I know you do marketing for Verizon. How long has the public had confirmed information about the gs4 and how long has the public had confirmed info on the 928?... How many people who are due for an upgrade in the next couple of months have probably ever held or fiddled with a WP before (who don't own one already)? Are the sales people going to be trained on it and push this phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb