05-14-2013 02:12 PM
174 12345 ...
tools
    I really want one in red so I hope that all four colors will launch. Would be extremely disappointed if only black and white were available.

TC......any media in the pipeline showing red ? The billboard and Vanity Fair ad are not showing any colors. Nokia = Color !!! Taste the Rainbow !!!

Would be disappointed if only black and white are available on D1..im buying one with color.
    05-07-2013 09:10 PM
    I just wish Verizon would embrace the rainbow! Just think how many more 8x's they might have sold if they had red in showrooms instead of online only!
    Honestabebread likes this.
    05-07-2013 09:48 PM
    I really want one in red so I hope that all four colors will launch. Would be extremely disappointed if only black and white were available.

TC......any media in the pipeline showing red ? The billboard and Vanity Fair ad are not showing any colors. Nokia = Color !!! Taste the Rainbow !!!
    as far as I can tell phone is launching in Black and White. There may be more colors since d1, thou I doubt it. I will get a chance to play with the real phone tomorrow which based on experience means it will be announced tomorrow as well.
    AR2186, sph0308 and jmajid like this.
    05-08-2013 05:50 AM
    Thanks TC....with no red in sight I may have to bite the bullet and get a white one. Great news about the announcement tomorrow !

as far as I can tell phone is launching in Black and White. There may be more colors since d1, thou I doubt it. I will get a chance to play with the real phone tomorrow which based on experience means it will be announced tomorrow as well.
    05-08-2013 07:57 AM
    Nice!
    05-08-2013 08:12 AM
    I will be so disappointed if i cant get a Red and a Cyan one of these :(
    05-08-2013 08:50 AM
    Thanks TC....with no red in sight I may have to bite the bullet and get a white one. Great news about the announcement tomorrow !
    Idk if it will be announced tomorrow. But for some reason Nokia really wanted to keep 928's details secret so I think it would be odd not to reveal it because whatever they're trying to hide will come out tomorrow regardless
    05-08-2013 09:27 AM
    well there was an image of a computer screen of their internal system showing cyan and red model numbers. i want a red one haha
    05-08-2013 09:30 AM
    why would you doubt it when a screenshot of their internal system showed cyan and red model numbers? the htc 8x as well as the lumia 822 had at least one color variation (blue, red).
    05-08-2013 09:33 AM
    I will be getting a red and a cyan one if possible. If only Black and White are available on day 1, IDK what I'll do.
    Zomby Jeezus likes this.
    05-08-2013 09:34 AM
    why would you doubt it when a screenshot of their internal system showed cyan and red model numbers? the htc 8x as well as the lumia 822 had at least one color variation (blue, red).
    that's interesting, do you have a link to the screen shot? And because there are only two color variances are loaded in the system for May 21. Default color (usually means black) and white. I have never said there won't be other colors I just don't know of their existence or when they will be available. Hopefully d1. Especially the gray color
    05-08-2013 09:50 AM
    Why may 21st? I thought Thursday was Verizon's golden day to release phones.
    05-08-2013 09:55 AM
    Sadly the official renders on the Nokia site are of a white phone and a black phone. I really hope that isn't the case because I don't want a white phone or a black phone, but I want this phone. I hope Verizon stops being as lame as Verizon tends to be when choosing phones and throws us a bone with this one allowing us some color choice. I really do hate how they go for such safe and boring choices with their phones.
    05-08-2013 10:02 AM
    that's interesting, do you have a link to the screen shot? And because there are only two color variances are loaded in the system for May 21. Default color (usually means black) and white. I have never said there won't be other colors I just don't know of their existence or when they will be available. Hopefully d1. Especially the gray color
    Leaked: Nokia Lumia 928 will be available in 4 different colors

2-e1363092510750.jpg
    tcman88 likes this.
    05-08-2013 10:06 AM
    Why may 21st? I thought Thursday was Verizon's golden day to release phones.
    you are absolutely right. Always Thursday. Sorry I assumed you read the previous posts. Marketing materials for 928 is available on May 14th and stores must have them on display by the 21st, meaning the phone is launching sometime between tomorrow and the 21st
    05-08-2013 10:11 AM
    I'm not familiar with that screen but the dates does give it credibility . I guess we can order the phone on May 16th.
    05-08-2013 10:20 AM
    I'm not familiar with that screen but the dates does give it credibility . I guess we can order the phone on May 16th.
    Curious how you can tell that from the screenshot?
    05-08-2013 10:32 AM
    They can market the picture quality in daylight and low light, stabilization ECT.. However, one of the selling points of the lumia series and differentiating factors for buyers is the color options. Has Verizon learned nothing from the bland trophy? Have they learned nothing from the spike in sales and demand on the red lumia 822?

I'm really curious what results they have from the extensive focus groups on normal customers, windows phone users and previous sales history on black and white windows vs ones with color to male a release on a new flagship phone in only black and white ... Pure idiocy.

I fully admit I am blinded by the rumor mill that this phone would come out in cyan, red and possibly yellow. However, I do have that expectation based on this phone being a high end Nokia lumia and variant of the 920. Why can't Verizon customers expect to get what at&t customers get?

I hope you are wrong tc. I would wager the overwhelming MAJORITY of people very impatiently waiting for this phone would agree with my thoughts, and would like more color options. We will find out soon enough.

Just adding my $200 upgrade or $550 amount of input, although Verizon clearly feels its customers are worth 2cents

Sincerely,

ZOMBY
    Vallos and jmajid like this.
    05-08-2013 11:29 AM
    What are the chances that the phone will be announced and released on the same day? I'm assuming 0. If the phones were in store, we would know about it by now. I'm assuming they will receive the shipment of them in store days possibly a week before they are able to be sold.
    05-08-2013 11:46 AM
    I went to my Verizon store and asked one of my friends who works there when they will receive the 928s. He did know and said they don't even have them in stock yet.
    05-08-2013 12:06 PM
    What are the chances that the phone will be announced and released on the same day? I'm assuming 0. If the phones were in store, we would know about it by now. I'm assuming they will receive the shipment of them in store days possibly a week before they are able to be sold.
    When the 8x was released, I picked it up on launch day about 30 minutes after the shipment arrived. It's possible shipments arrive on launch day.
    05-08-2013 12:45 PM
    Yeah, the 8X release was pretty rough. Some stores didn't get them for like 5 days.
    ArvydasGOAT likes this.
    05-08-2013 09:32 PM
    Normally when a new phone launches we get the accessories 2-3 days before, then the phones come in on launch day (the day before if it's a big launch).
    05-09-2013 06:52 AM
    Normally when a new phone launches we get the accessories 2-3 days before, then the phones come in on launch day (the day before if it's a big launch).
    And that hasn't happened? Hopefully announced today though :)
    05-09-2013 08:08 AM
    TC...did you get to play with a 928 today ? So it looks like next Thursday...May 16th for announcement ?

05-09-2013 09:09 AM
174 12345 ...