Lumia 928-May2/9 VERSUS Samsung Galaxy S4-May 30

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
why would you doubt it when a screenshot of their internal system showed cyan and red model numbers? the htc 8x as well as the lumia 822 had at least one color variation (blue, red).
that's interesting, do you have a link to the screen shot? And because there are only two color variances are loaded in the system for May 21. Default color (usually means black) and white. I have never said there won't be other colors I just don't know of their existence or when they will be available. Hopefully d1. Especially the gray color

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Sadly the official renders on the Nokia site are of a white phone and a black phone. I really hope that isn't the case because I don't want a white phone or a black phone, but I want this phone. I hope Verizon stops being as lame as Verizon tends to be when choosing phones and throws us a bone with this one allowing us some color choice. I really do hate how they go for such safe and boring choices with their phones.

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Why may 21st? I thought Thursday was Verizon's golden day to release phones.
you are absolutely right. Always Thursday. Sorry I assumed you read the previous posts. Marketing materials for 928 is available on May 14th and stores must have them on display by the 21st, meaning the phone is launching sometime between tomorrow and the 21st

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
that's interesting, do you have a link to the screen shot? And because there are only two color variances are loaded in the system for May 21. Default color (usually means black) and white. I have never said there won't be other colors I just don't know of their existence or when they will be available. Hopefully d1. Especially the gray color

They can market the picture quality in daylight and low light, stabilization ECT.. However, one of the selling points of the lumia series and differentiating factors for buyers is the color options. Has Verizon learned nothing from the bland trophy? Have they learned nothing from the spike in sales and demand on the red lumia 822?

I'm really curious what results they have from the extensive focus groups on normal customers, windows phone users and previous sales history on black and white windows vs ones with color to male a release on a new flagship phone in only black and white ... Pure idiocy.

I fully admit I am blinded by the rumor mill that this phone would come out in cyan, red and possibly yellow. However, I do have that expectation based on this phone being a high end Nokia lumia and variant of the 920. Why can't Verizon customers expect to get what at&t customers get?

I hope you are wrong tc. I would wager the overwhelming MAJORITY of people very impatiently waiting for this phone would agree with my thoughts, and would like more color options. We will find out soon enough.

Just adding my $200 upgrade or $550 amount of input, although Verizon clearly feels its customers are worth 2cents

Sincerely,

ZOMBY

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What are the chances that the phone will be announced and released on the same day? I'm assuming 0. If the phones were in store, we would know about it by now. I'm assuming they will receive the shipment of them in store days possibly a week before they are able to be sold.

jhnybgood47

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I went to my Verizon store and asked one of my friends who works there when they will receive the 928s. He did know and said they don't even have them in stock yet.

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
What are the chances that the phone will be announced and released on the same day? I'm assuming 0. If the phones were in store, we would know about it by now. I'm assuming they will receive the shipment of them in store days possibly a week before they are able to be sold.

When the 8x was released, I picked it up on launch day about 30 minutes after the shipment arrived. It's possible shipments arrive on launch day.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Normally when a new phone launches we get the accessories 2-3 days before, then the phones come in on launch day (the day before if it's a big launch).

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
TC...did you get to play with a 928 today ? So it looks like next Thursday...May 16th for announcement ?

as far as I can tell phone is launching in Black and White. There may be more colors since d1, thou I doubt it. I will get a chance to play with the real phone tomorrow which based on experience means it will be announced tomorrow as well.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
If he's on the west coast, he might still be asleep... give it a few hours.

yea he said something a few posts up that based on the dates shown in the screenshot that he was able to tell it was a credible screenshot and we could expect the 16th to be the date. one guy asked him how he was able to tell because the screenshot only shows dates in january and product names/colors and was curious how he was able to come to these conclusions based on the screenshot alone.

Last edited:

CBAviator

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I talked to our Verizon rep yesterday and he said he got an internal e-mail yesterday saying that the phone will be available for purchase on May 16th from Verizon. He knew I had been waiting for the phone to arrive, so he called me with this info as soon as he got the e-mail. Prior to that e-mail arriving, he told me it would likely be released within 90 days since there was so much chatter in the office.

jhnybgood47

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I talked to our Verizon rep yesterday and he said he got an internal e-mail yesterday saying that the phone will be available for purchase on May 16th from Verizon. He knew I had been waiting for the phone to arrive, so he called me with this info as soon as he got the e-mail. Prior to that e-mail arriving, he told me it would likely be released within 90 days since there was so much chatter in the office.

If that is correct they will either announce it today or announce and release on the 16th.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

so the time frame shrunk from 3 months down to a week once he received that email?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel