Lumia 928-May2/9 VERSUS Samsung Galaxy S4-May 30

CBAviator

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, yes. He didn't have any solid timeline before the e-mail. Like most of the Verizon employees, they just had no idea. All he had heard until yesterday was talk about the phone. As a result of the chatter, he said phones generally come out within 90 days. But then, he received the e-mail confirming the availability date.

He said he didn't yet have any information on possible pre-order availability yet, though. If I find out before the mainstream, I'll let you know.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, yes. He didn't have any solid timeline before the e-mail. Like most of the Verizon employees, they just had no idea. All he had heard until yesterday was talk about the phone. As a result of the chatter, he said phones generally come out within 90 days. But then, he received the e-mail confirming the availability date.

He said he didn't yet have any information on possible pre-order availability yet, though. If I find out before the mainstream, I'll let you know.

Awesome, thanks! Yea, was just trying to clarify that.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
No TCMan and no HonestAbe yet.. so the wait continues. Atleast we know that it will be ready for purchase on May 16 and it has 15 days to shine. We don't know it may shine longer too if Verizon does the push..

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
No TCMan and no HonestAbe yet.. so the wait continues. Atleast we know that it will be ready for purchase on May 16 and it has 15 days to shine. We don't know it may shine longer too if Verizon does the push..

yea you never know. word of mouth can be viral. i mean, just from me telling a few friends and family about it they too are waiting for it to come out to use an upgrade. if the same pattern followed and each of them showed a few friends or family, and those people showed a few people, etc., etc., it could surprisingly catch on and be a hit, especially if it's an attractive piece of hardware since the mass consumer can be pretty easily appealed to in that sense (as long as it works and looks nice).

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. No one expected 822 to sell so much as it is not the top end. But it did sell reasonably. LEt us hope this phone get its share of followers before the next new thing comes up. I think Nokia might launch it on May 14th along with catwalk so that the news can reach a bigger audience. like all tech sites all over the world will cover it.

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I think making the 822 free certainly helped a bit, along with the exclusive red and grey color options...I guess that's probably what Verizon/nokia should focus on for the 928. Good pricing and color options.

John Paul Triculis

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Dying to finally see an official release date! I'm moving from a company blackberry to either an Android or 928 being that I'm stuck with Verizon. The S4 looks like a decent piece of equipment but I like the ATIV 700T tablet I have with Win 8 and am willing to give WP8 a try to utilize the MS ecosystem. I'm tired of waiting though.....

I think if the HTC One was out for Verizon I wouldn't have been able to be patient and would have already gone Android.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Dying to finally see an official release date! I'm moving from a company blackberry to either an Android or 928 being that I'm stuck with Verizon. The S4 looks like a decent piece of equipment but I like the ATIV 700T tablet I have with Win 8 and am willing to give WP8 a try to utilize the MS ecosystem. I'm tired of waiting though.....

I think if the HTC One was out for Verizon I wouldn't have been able to be patient and would have already gone Android.

I'd take the DNA over the S4 any day. Only reason to buy the S4 over it is the SD card (nothing to me)

Edit: And the camera. Which I obviously care so little about I didn't even mention it.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
TC...did you get to play with a 928 today ? So it looks like next Thursday...May 16th for announcement ?

yes. Phone will be announced next week guys! There is an obvious reason why imaging capabilities will be the forefront of 928 advertising campaign Phones is lighter compared to 920 and it's not polycarbonate plastic. I honestly think it shouldn't be called 928. I've noticed that there was a SD card option under settings with no card found. I couldn't figured out for the life of me where the SD card slot would be. Maybe the demo had a modified O.S.? Verizon is expected windows phone will reach 15% of its inventory. Right now WP are about 5%. Considering I have the L822, L922, Z10, iPhone 5 and galaxy s4. I can promised you it will surpass any expectations you might have from a phone. Limited quantity guys so don't wait.

chris7191

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
He said it isn't polycarbonate, which does not rule out ABS co-polymer or some other plastic. There are hundreds if not thousands of commercially available plastics that could be used for a phone.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
black white and two limited edition colors which will be available later
Boo, I want red! I'm dying waiting for it to release as it is, why in the world are they going to release with black and white only? It's like Verizon wants to torture me. Seeing as they are the only carrier with reliable coverage where I live they know they can.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If Verizon doesn't have other colors regularly available...then they are idiots. Did the red 822 not teach them anything? I would have a red 822 right now if they hadn't gone away (probably a blessing in disguise as I continue to use my white one and see the 928 coming). Those nitwits in corporate need to be hit over the head with a giant clue stick. Feel free to pass this comment up the chain. I can guarantee you that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Verizon doesn't want to shoot their wad all at once. The limited edition colors (cyan, red, maybe gray ?) will be their to juice up sales in 2-3 months.

If Verizon doesn't have other colors regularly available...then they are idiots. Did the red 822 not teach them anything? I would have a red 822 right now if they hadn't gone away (probably a blessing in disguise as I continue to use my white one and see the 928 coming). Those nitwits in corporate need to be hit over the head with a giant clue stick. Feel free to pass this comment up the chain. I can guarantee you that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb