05-14-2013 02:12 PM
174 ... 567
tools
    The Lumia 928 at the $99 price is really competitive, and I'm sure Nokia made sure it was at this price to compete against all the Androids on Verizon. Personally, if it was $199, I would be thinking of waiting for other sellers to being down the price, but this way I can just get it from Verizon. I'll probably order online, since many times they rebate/discount is applied instantly, rather than having to pay $150 at the store and wait for the rebate (in form of a visa card I think). I'll be upgrading at least two phones on my family plan to the Lumia 928, can't wait until next week!
    I shouldn't really say that but BestBuy is a great place to buy it if they have the phone available d1
    05-10-2013 02:36 PM
    I shouldn't really say that but BestBuy is a great place to buy it if they have the phone available d1
    Bingo. On day one of the 822, IIRC VZW had it at 199 online with $50 rebate (I might be off on that, though), and Worst Buy had it for $149 online, and $99 in stores. Walmart Wireless online had it listed at FREE, but didn't have any in stock. I walked into Worst Buy and they price matched Walmart's price, and I walked out with it free.
    05-10-2013 02:41 PM
    So tc, what is the best way to get this phone on Thursday? I live in San Diego and have tons of Verizon stores around me and also a Microsoft Store. What would be my best bet? Order online, call, or..?? I want to pay full retail.
    Call the CS, ask them to locate the phone in your area, then CS will call the store and they will hold it for you. You shouldn't have any problems in San Diego or Washington DC area. There will be plenty available in those regions. If you don't mind waiting a day or two ordering it by phone is the best way for retail.
    WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
    05-10-2013 02:54 PM
    TC, I know you are getting slammed with questions at this point, but I had one also. Is there any indication that a pre-order will go up or is it scheduled to just go on order on the 16th?
    05-10-2013 03:01 PM
    TC, I know you are getting slammed with questions at this point, but I had one also. Is there any indication that a pre-order will go up or is it scheduled to just go on order on the 16th?
    Different department handles that so I wouldn't know but I doubt they will take pre-orders since the phone is launching in less than a week. Have you tried to call one of the stores and see if they are willing to hold one for you? Honestly I doubt it will sell out d1, it all depends on the store’s performance and the area's performance. Different stores and different regions have different purchasing limits.
    Scorpio5x0 likes this.
    05-10-2013 03:26 PM
    Thank you tc! Bah I might give in and just get a black one if its a matte finish because of the samples that I saw... :/

Nokia Lumia 928 camera and video samples look amazing | WMPoweruser
    05-10-2013 03:44 PM
    Hi- Anyone know if Costco will be carrying the 928 either on the 16th, or shortly thereafter? I'd consider waiting if it wasn't too long. If I recall correctly, whereas the Verizon stores charge you tax on the full retail price, Costco only taxes you on the $ amt you're paying. That can be a fair chunk of change...

(I don't mind digging a little to find out an answer, just thought someone in the know might have the answer handy...)

Thanks!
    05-10-2013 04:06 PM
    I'm fairly sure it's just in California where they charge you tax on full retail even though you are paying contract price. I would imagine Costco would have to charge that too.
    05-10-2013 04:12 PM
    @TCman Unfortunately, I may not have any choice but to order online. I have not met a store rep that will work with you in keeping unlimited data. If I order online I can keep my data intact.
    05-10-2013 05:54 PM
    @TCman Unfortunately, I may not have any choice but to order online. I have not met a store rep that will work with you in keeping unlimited data. If I order online I can keep my data intact.
    I would say you're best bet is to call the support number. They seem to be the best ave for unlimited plans ive seen.
    05-10-2013 06:04 PM
    Yeah when I upgraded to the 8x, that is who provided me the steps in keeping unlimited. I don't mind ordering the 928 online. Only negative is waiting a day or two more for shipment. If it goes up for pre-order than at least there is a chance I would have it on the 16th as everyone else who just walks into the store. Only other avenue is Best Buy, but I doubt they would have it day one.
    05-10-2013 06:22 PM
    That's great TC. Have my game plan all set up. Any idea when the 928 will show on the website ? 12:01 am Thursday ? or later in the day ?

unfortunately it isn't available in Texas right now. I have checked and most stores in Dallas area will have them in stock. You can call cs and have them locate one in stock and they can call the store for you to hold the phone
    05-10-2013 08:59 PM
    Normally around 1AM launch day they show up.
    Scorpio5x0 likes this.
    05-10-2013 09:04 PM
    Thanks Abe

Normally around 1AM launch day they show up.
    05-10-2013 09:07 PM
    Only other avenue is Best Buy, but I doubt they would have it day one.
    that's where I picked up my day one 822. Price matched with Walmart Wireless' free price.
    05-10-2013 09:54 PM
    that's where I picked up my day one 822. Price matched with Walmart Wireless' free price.
    Will have to check then on day one. I don't remember them having the 8x day one. It was available to order, but wasn't in store yet. At least around here it wasn't that I could locate.
    05-10-2013 09:56 PM
    Hi- Anyone know if Costco will be carrying the 928 either on the 16th, or shortly thereafter? I'd consider waiting if it wasn't too long. If I recall correctly, whereas the Verizon stores charge you tax on the full retail price, Costco only taxes you on the $ amt you're paying. That can be a fair chunk of change...

(I don't mind digging a little to find out an answer, just thought someone in the know might have the answer handy...)

Thanks!
    I had issues trying to get an 822 from Costco. No one who worked for them knew a anything about it, I couldn't find one in any stores at launch, and when I ordered online the order was delayed. I cancelled it and picked one up at Best Buy instead. Sadly, they I've never seen a Windows Phone in their coupons nor at the kiosk in the store.
    05-10-2013 10:00 PM
    Select Bestbuy stores will have them at D1. You can always have the CS notate your account to make sure reps don't play with your account. Be forward and let them know you would like to use your current sim (if you have a 4g device)
    05-11-2013 09:13 PM
    Select Bestbuy stores will have them at D1. You can always have the CS notate your account to make sure reps don't play with your account. Be forward and let them know you would like to use your current sim (if you have a 4g device)
    Any idea on red availability date?
    05-11-2013 09:41 PM
    I plan to pass my 822 to my wife, and pick up the 928. Is there a benefit for me to take the SIM from the 822 and put it into the 928, or does it matter? What do you mean by having CS notate the account to make sure reps don't play with the account?
    05-11-2013 09:58 PM
    Any idea on red availability date?
    We were told that two limited edition 928 will launch when Microsoft updates WP O.S. Verizon to launch two more Nokia exclusive devices in 2013.
    Zomby Jeezus likes this.
    05-13-2013 04:18 PM
    I plan to pass my 822 to my wife, and pick up the 928. Is there a benefit for me to take the SIM from the 822 and put it into the 928, or does it matter? What do you mean by having CS notate the account to make sure reps don't play with the account?
    It doesn't matter. Some people here were concerned about their unlimited Data plan and activating the phone through your sim card will assure not is changed on your account. Your wife will need a new 4G sim card if she doesn't have her own. You can get a free sim card from Verizon
    05-13-2013 04:22 PM
    you know what's frustrating: Blackberry Q10 gets a page on Verizon The New BlackBerry Q10 | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless.

Samsung S4 gets a huge preorder front page and a big banner on the phone page, Nokia 928 gets no link no mention nothing anywhere. Honest and TC are you sure Verizon is pushing Windows? It seems like they dont care at all. Why is the Trophy is for sale for $179???
    05-14-2013 01:58 PM
    Nokia 928 gets no link no mention nothing anywhere.
    The 928 is showing up on Verizon, albeit in the accessory compatibility search. My guess is that we may start seeing something more prominent tomorrow.

WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
    05-14-2013 02:12 PM
174 ... 567