Lumia 928-May2/9 VERSUS Samsung Galaxy S4-May 30

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I believe you stated in your store there was some regional issue with the 822's where they did not activate properly... Just wanted to point out AFAIK on the whole the 822 is pretty reliable outside of your local store's regional issues.

I had two 822's and both were unreliable for me. I know my experience isn't the same as everyone's, but I lost a lot of faith in Nokia over the 822.

winger46146#WP

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I had issues with MMS when I 1st got my 822. Called in a level 2 rep guessing changed something on the backend, I reboot my phone and its been rock solid.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I do know how Verizon functions. I also know that the only reason reps sell some phones over others is due to personal bias and returns. I was at a store the other day and none of them will sell a S3 or a 822 because there are so many returns and customer complaints. Obviously this varies by store, but there is literally zero financial obligation to any phone at a rep level. At a company level, WP is preferred, but its hard to teach trained salesman to take risks on new products.

Let me inform you how it works then.

Each rep has a weekly & monthly quotas against certain OS/devices. For example certain phone cannot exceed more 10% of their sales.
There are bonuses mostly from manufacturers and also sometimes Verizon which goes from $5 to $50 per device they sale.
Some devices are easier to sale accessories with than others. For example Micro-SD card slot etc. as reps has accessory quotas as well
Verizon may also want to promote a device. Each reps is responsible to explain the features of the featured device (s).
Your other comment about talking negatively about devices is strange as it may lead to the termination of the rep. (assuming you are talking about a corporate store). I would like to know which branch you went to.
Also 822's ROR and CFA are one of the lowest among current devices. There is a reason why 822 is selling more than 920 or any windows phone in U.S.
Lastly Verizon cares about which device /OS is more cost efficient and can promote their services the best. Hence they would do everything to be less depended on devices that isn't in their best interest ie iPhone and GS4

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
No, but a lot of sales reps have near no knowledge of or interest in technology, so tend to get caught in bandwagons and recommend what they think is better purely from word of mouth. Seen it happen many a time. Also had to correct sales reps several times when they are talking to my friends and I happen to be in ear shot

They swear they are right all the time like when a sales rep told these people curious about Windows Phone that the HTC Radar had 16gb instead of the actual 8gb of storage. I kindly tried to help the poor misinformed rep but he insisted that he was correct.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Let me inform you how it works then.

Each rep has a weekly & monthly quotas against certain OS/devices. For example certain phone cannot exceed more 10% of their sales.
There are bonuses mostly from manufacturers and also sometimes Verizon which goes from $5 to $50 per device they sale.
Nope.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You are believed. Any specs in the internal announcement that we didn't know already?
This is what I know. The phone will be 199.99 two year ( there is a lot of debate on pricing so it may be lower) 549.99 retail. Will not come with a SD car slot ,faster processor ( I was told by the IT guys but I have not seen the phone myself) IT will launch with two important apps that Verizon will focus on. As far as I can tell only black and white colors are loaded in the system although I'm positive other colors will be available soon after and that there will be a Droid/BBstrom type campaign. As it was mentioned in the meeting TV, Radio, online, newspapers, in stores banners pretty much anywhere you look you'll see the 928.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Since the aluminum vs polycarbonate issue has come up again any inside info? The picture definitely looks aluminum.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for sharing. I want Cyan, but will take a white or Red one too. Was hoping they would be crazy an do a 64GB version, but I don't think that is happening. Can't wait to see the market push!

Are you going to get one yourself?

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can tell only black and white colors are loaded in the system although I'm positive other colors will be available soon after...
I was hoping for more than these two color at launch (specifically red), so now my wait is going to be a little longer. :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte