Lumia 928-May2/9 VERSUS Samsung Galaxy S4-May 30

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Verizon doesn't want to shoot their wad all at once. The limited edition colors (cyan, red, maybe gray ?) will be their to juice up sales in 2-3 months.

Silly business plan. Those colours are what get Nokia phones the publicity. Here in the UK, everyone I know that owns a Nokia bought black/white. But they got interested because of the colours.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I can promised you it will surpass any expectations you might have from a phone. Limited quantity guys so don't wait.

Thanks for an update! You have me excited about it. Are you saying there is some new camera feature? Is it still 32GB? Understand if you can't answer yet.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
well this sucks. i know quite a few people who have been waiting all this time and DO NOT want a damn bland and boring typical black or white phone. why can they not just effing release the multiple color options at launch? i dont want a black or white one either. gah...this later date better be no more than a few weeks post launch with pre orders available for whatever colors will be offered while the black and white are available. thanks for the updates.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Verizon doesn't want to shoot their wad all at once. The limited edition colors (cyan, red, maybe gray ?) will be their to juice up sales in 2-3 months.

what your saying is Verizon doesn't want to sell this phone for two to three months, because they won't. Terrible strategy. TERRIBLE STRATEGY. You can't even call that a marketing plan, because it's LUNACY.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
well this sucks. i know quite a few people who have been waiting all this time and DO NOT want a damn bland and boring typical black or white phone. why can they not just effing release the multiple color options at launch? i dont want a black or white one either. gah...this later date better be no more than a few weeks post launch with pre orders available for whatever colors will be offered while the black and white are available. thanks for the updates.

Assuming the phones are essentially the same, those who are willing and able can always go to AT&T. They have all the colors and it's $0 upfront right now.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Assuming the phones are essentially the same, those who are willing and able can always go to AT&T. They have all the colors and it's $0 upfront right now.

If we were able to just go to at&t we would have six months ago. We all have reasons why Verizon is our only option.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

i could if i really wanted to, but i have no desire to switch carriers. have never had any issues with my verizon service and so far from these renders i think i prefer the physical design of the 928 over the 920. just seems ridiculous that they can't offer multiple colors of the exact same phone at launch.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
i could if i really wanted to, but i have no desire to switch carriers. have never had any issues with my verizon service and so far from these renders i think i prefer the physical design of the 928 over the 920. just seems ridiculous that they can't offer multiple colors of the exact same phone at launch.

I am actually in the same boat as you. I could switch if I wanted to but I have never had an issue with Verizon and I don't think this is reason enough to switch.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
For everyone that's complaining about the colors. Would you rather have the options from day one but the colors be out of stock for months? Or would you rather wait and actually be able to buy it. Even in the case of 822 red and grey sold about 5% of the entire 822 inventory. There is no tell how 928 is gonna do until the standard colors are out and Verizon / Nokia can monitor sales. I don't understand why people can't wait if they want more color options?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Because we want the phone last week! You say that red and grey sold about 5%, but consider that red wasn't available until 3 months in, and grey wasn't readily available right away. If so, I'm betting they'd have sold more of both.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Because we want the phone last week! You say that red and grey sold about 5%, but consider that red wasn't available until 3 months in, and grey wasn't readily available right away. If so, I'm betting they'd have sold more of both.
phone is going for $99 you should thank Nokia get a white one show it off. Plus I think Nokia will give you a gift card too.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
For everyone that's complaining about the colors. Would you rather have the options from day one but the colors be out of stock for months? Or would you rather wait and actually be able to buy it. Even in the case of 822 red and grey sold about 5% of the entire 822 inventory. There is no tell how 928 is gonna do until the standard colors are out and Verizon / Nokia can monitor sales. I don't understand why people can't wait if they want more color options?
Here is my logic (posted on the "Nokia Official Announcement" thread)

Well, when looking at it from the front, I can't see color, so does it matter to me if I get it in any color other than my preference of red? Another question I have ask is, since I can't see the color while interacting with it, to who's benefit will it be to have it in red? Obviously not me. I can't see any color. So I think I'll just get it at launch and in white... or is it my impatience talking? LOL

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Here is my logic (posted on the "Nokia Official Announcement" thread)

Well, when looking at it from the front, I can't see color, so does it matter to me if I get it in any color other than my preference of red? Another question I have ask is, since I can't see the color while interacting with it, to who's benefit will it be to have it in red? Obviously not me. I can't see any color. So I think I'll just get it at launch and in white... or is it my impatience talking? LOL
you can definitely see the color and it's really shiny it's you're impatience talking :)

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Lumia928-US-03-All-Phones-Page-Front-287x500-png.png

This is the 928

1-Product-Page-Lumia-Phi-Lower-Product-Spec-273x500-jpg.png

This is the 920.

I can't see any color when I look straight at the 928.

Last edited:

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Silly business plan. Those colours are what get Nokia phones the publicity. Here in the UK, everyone I know that owns a Nokia bought black/white. But they got interested because of the colours.

Not a silly biz plan at all. They want to maximize their story because they probably won't have a new top tier WP for a while, but if down the road they can refresh the story with new colors, they will. Annoying to those who want it now, but it's smart.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb